Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default Re: If Drummond wasn't sick during the Hawks game, would Detroit be on a 10 game win

Quote Originally Posted by WallIn
    Detroit were playing like a well oiled machine after the Josh's Smith trade. In order for it to work all the pieces need to be put together on the basketball court. Drummond is a perfect player for SVG because he is yet another inside presence besides Monroe and it provides flexibility. Both Monroe and Drummond rarely even play alongside each other.

Just imagine that after a several game win streak Hawks lose Millsap or Horford. Would you bet on them winning the next match against the powerhouses of the West for example?
    Well, that depends.

If Millsap or Horford goes out, what if Mike Scott/Antic have a career game and just go off? Mike Scott and Antic are both great shooters that can easily go off at any moment. The chances are low, if they have career games, like Tolly did, then yes, I do believe they would be able to win the match up. If they play like bench players while getting Millsap/Horford's PT, then no, I don't think we would win.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: If Drummond wasn't sick during the Hawks game, would Detroit be on a 10 game win

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Not really, Drummond, even when 100%, is not a perimeter defender. He is a great shot blocker in the paint and an excellent post defender, but Hawks rarely went to the post in the first place. Millsap and Horford exploited their primary weakness, and that's defending bigs with a solid jumper.

Drummond also wouldn't of contributed much on the offensive end either, and he didn't start "feeling ill", until the third quarter. And tbh, he seemed perfectly fine to me, I just think the coaching staff didn't want to admit they benched him for his inability to guard Horford.
    While I agree the hawks still win, it was known he was sick before the game.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Well, that depends.

If Millsap or Horford goes out, what if Mike Scott/Antic have a career game and just go off? Mike Scott and Antic are both great shooters that can easily go off at any moment. The chances are low, if they have career games, like Tolly did, then yes, I do believe they would be able to win the match up. If they play like bench players while getting Millsap/Horford's PT, then no, I don't think we would win.
    tolliver's career high is 34. 21 rebounds. He was pretty lights out down the stretch. As you point out, it was not a close game at all. blow out the whole way.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by tenzan
    streak?

They only lost to the Hawks by 3 points.
    The Hawks let them back into the game and Drummond is overrated.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by tenzan
    Wouldn't the game have been a lot closer with Drummond at 100% and guarding the paint?
    What was Drummond doing while Jonas Valanciunas was getting 34/12 on 14-15 shooting?

So much for the great defensive big man.