Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wilt Chamberlain had a 37bpm resting heart rate?

Lazeruss, you tried providing a link for this once but it didn't work, do you have a screenshot of the article or a new link? Would love to see it.

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain had a 37bpm resting heart rate?

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Lazeruss, you tried providing a link for this once but it didn't work, do you have a screenshot of the article or a new link? Would love to see it.
    It looks like something has changed since then...

but here was the original post...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...35&postcount=3

Again, I don't know what could have changed since then.

Maybe Fpliii or someone else can find it.

EDIT... Found it. It is the trivia on the last hand side...

Sorry...
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 01-10-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Another Wilt myth

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    It looks like something has changed since then...

but here was the original post...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...35&postcount=3

Again, I don't know what could have changed since then.

Maybe Fpliii or someone else can find it.

EDIT... Found it. It is the trivia on the last hand side...

Sorry...
    For a second, I thought you were making a death joke

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    Another Wilt myth
    Read that link again...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=1803,1675396

Once again...just another unbelievable, but TRUE FACT on the life of Mr. Chamberlain.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Nice
    If only he kept that calm in the playoffs.

Read that link again...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=1803,1675396

Once again...just another unbelievable, but TRUE FACT on the life of Mr. Chamberlain.
    What does that link look like to you? To me it's a random page with a tv guide from a newspaper called The Spokesman Review March 24, 2000

No info on Wilt Chamberlain at all.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Nice
    Just curious...

can you give me a list of NBA players that put up complete 30+ ppg and 25+rpg post-seasons? And all the players that had a 39-23 .559 FG% series (BTW, the NBA post-season average FG% that year was .420..or nearly 14% above the league average.) Or all the many players who put up a 30-31 .555 FG% post-season series (and against the best defensive player of their era, too.)

Maybe you can provide me a list of all of the players who averaged a 30-27-5 .515 (and shooting about 10% over the league average)...and in their first 67 playoff games combined (35 pf which were against a Bill Russell, and 6 more against Nate Thurmond.)

Give me the list of players who had 50+ point, 22+ rebound games. And then, how about a 50-35 playoff game? And then, how about a 56-35 playoff game. Oh, and BTW, all three of those were in "must-win" "elimination" games. Please give me the list of players who accomplished a 50+ point game in a "must-win" game.

How about a player that put up a 22-29-9 .579 FG% complete playoff run, which included holding two other HOF centers to FG%'s of .358 and .343.

Maybe you can give me the list of players who had QUAD-double post-season games (Wilt has at least two, and likely several more...one of which was a 24-32-13-12 game against Russell.)

The list is long my friend...
    Last edited by LAZERUSS; 01-10-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    What does that link look like to you? To me it's a random page with a tv guide from a newspaper called The Spokesman Review March 24, 2000

No info on Wilt Chamberlain at all.
    Look at the trivia by L.M. Boyd on the left hand side...

Look at the trivia by L.M. Boyd on the left hand side...
    Ohhhhhhhhhh got it, thanks lol

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    Nice
    You've had a nice 2015 keep it up son your on a roll

Most Improved Poster for the 2014-2015 season is in your grasp

Gotta love those that challenge the "Wilt Myths"...

I remember some clueless idiot claiming that Wilt's "world-class volleyball skills" came in a coed volleyball league.

http://www.volleyballmag.com/article...lasting-legacy

Byron Shewman, former IVA player

In 1978, I was a player-coach for the Tucson Sky. The All-Star Game was held in El Paso, and I was coaching the East team. Wilt was playing, and a journalist from the major El Paso paper called me a couple of days before for an interview about the game. I found out later that this guy didn’t like Wilt, and he asked me specifically, “What do you think about Wilt?” And we had all been kind of primed not to say too many negative things about Wilt.

Wilt was, by and large, a very effective hitter. The rest of his game was spotty because he hadn’t played that much. His blocking and ball handling were not too strong, and his hands were so big he couldn’t set the ball. It was like setting a softball or a baseball. And his passing wasn’t that strong, either. But it didn’t matter. It was a specialized game at that time. There was no rotation. And he was very effective in his role.

There were some world-class players at that game, and also the best American players, who were getting better all the time with the competition.

So we got to El Paso, and the morning of the match, I was at breakfast. And Dodge Parker, an old friend who was on the other team, said, “Did you see the headline in the paper? Why did you say that?” And I said, “Say what?” So I looked at the paper, and it said something like “Shewman says East will go after Chamberlain’s weak ball handling.”

When we got to the gym before the match, the owner of the league came up in a panic and said, “Byron, you’ve got to go over and talk to Wilt. He’s threatening not to play. And if that happens, we’ve got no TV.” And I’m stammering, and I see Wilt. And it was one of those hot El Paso days, and he was over there sweating in his tank top. He looked like Godzilla. It looked like he had steam coming off his forehead. So I went over and said, “Wilt, can I have a word with you?” And he said, “Don’t even bother,” and he turned his back on me.

After warm ups, they introduced both teams, and we were kind of behind the bleachers. And for some reason, I was the last guy to be introduced for the East and he was the last guy from the West. I’ll never forget standing next to him. We were back in this corner, like in a cave. And here was this giant of a human being still seething at me, and I just wanted them to introduce me so I could get out of there.

“And then Wilt went out and played—and I’ve seen three Olympics and a lot of world-class, high-level volleyball—and he played as well as any hitter I’ve ever seen. He was playing against some world-class players, and I can’t remember his stats, but it was something close to a 90-percent kill rate. I guess a lot of it was attributed to me and that headline.

After the game, I ran up to the writer and said, “You’d better get over there right now.” I made sure that guy wrote a letter of apology to let Wilt know that he misquoted me, which he did. And he did write it.

I saw Wilt maybe a year later on the beach and we laughed and he said, “Don’t worry about it.”

National High School Star

Is that even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    Is that even possible?
    why not

look at cyclists

Banned

#wiltmyths