Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Larry Sanders doesn't want to play basketball anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I don't understand this. What would be better than being a professional athlete?
    what if he never wanted to be an athlete to begin with? What if he only went into it because he would be successful doing it? In truth, that doesn't always mean you'll be happy.

Bold choice if he actually pursues this and it turns out to be true. Might be extremely introverted by nature and hates how public his life has gotten amidst all the drama that has happened to him over the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I dont know if I believe players owe teams anything more than effort when they are able. If you want to quit...long as you do a reasonable buyout and walk away...**** it.

Id have more respect for someone leaving 30 million on the table because they dont feel they can give the proper effort than someone hanging around half assed and taking all the money for half the effort.

I wouldnt feel I owed a team anything. They arent giving it to me for nothing. They want something from me...we work out a deal for it. It isnt charity.

It kinda becomes charity...if id stick around playing half assed ball.
    Well yeah I would agree, they at least owe effort. In which case Sanders is still a highly valuable player to our team. Maybe not as the sick defensive player he was a couple seasons ago but even a 75% effort Sanders at the very least could be a solid 20 mpg big off the bench and not be a complete disaster of a contract.

Just the idea of Sanders not wanting to be an adult and doing his $44mil job is frustrating as hell, again unless he's dealing with genuine personal/mental issues, as it's being reported he might be. I guess a buyout doesn't sound so bad, although I'm not entirely sure how it works, iirc if the buyout happens and he clears waivers his contract is reduced or eliminated entirely from the Bucks salary?
    Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Playing for the Bucks is making people depressed, i feel you Larry.
    Stop. This is clearly a problem bigger than the Bucks, more to do with Sanders having legitimate issues. He's not gonna go to Miami and magically become KG with his passion, work ethic, whatever. And it's not like the rest of our team is remotely close to this..maybe it was in the past but right now our players like each other, work hard every day, are genuinely trying to build a winning culture..and we're making progress.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 01-05-2015 at 07:42 PM.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I don't know Sanders. I don't know if he's depressed or just a different sort of cat. Hey, let him do whatever he wants as long as it's not illegal. It's his life. I hope he's happy.

Damn the knicks could of used him

   

maybe sanders wants a coach who lets him play me-first basketball, maybe jason kidd is not that coach, and maybe he has no real options other than to shape up, ride the pine, or retire.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    That translates to $25mil after taxes and agents etc.
    right, which is the equivalent of a 50k job (and no taxes) for 500 years............

Pulling a Ricky Williams... Lay off the pot Larry and get your dumb ass back on the court

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    right, which is the equivalent of a 50k job (and no taxes) for 500 years............

For the first time in his life, Gary Neal was right.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Man, I meant in real life where I am not a pro athlete.

In the basketball world, he can take the guaranteed contract and give a half assed effort to get benched, then spend 4 years on the bench collecting money for nothing.

If he does this in an obvious fashion, ahead of the next collective bargaining agreement, players union gonna put a hit out on this dude
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 01-06-2015 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    For the first time in his life, Gary Neal was right.
    Not really, Neal was a high maintenance untalented chucking prick when he was here, without the strong culture and leadership around him that the Spurs had, or the system to make him look good. I'm glad the Spurs won without him. Sanders has had his share of retard moments but he's been fine this season aside from these reports. Bought the team expensive gifts, took the young guys out to dinner, watched their SL games and worked out with them/gave them advice, is personally mentoring Giannis, backs up everyone on the court..he's a good dude. He's not a cancer, he's just troubled.
    Last edited by Milbuck; 01-06-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kyler (Sanders' Agent)
    Not trying to dispute anyone's reporting, but the idea that Larry Sanders told anyone he didn't want to play any more was news to Larry.
    https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/st...447763456?s=09

Gery Woefel is a hack

I don't blame him. I wouldn't want to be an average NBA player either.

Just give the Bucs back their money and start working on your rap album breh!

Banned

I remember him saying he was into Eastern shit and neo-Buddhism and he was working on a (shitty) novel. Oh well. Just because he's big and 7 feet tall doesn't mean he needs to play basketball.