Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Why has Kendall Marshall not been given a fair shot?

OT but I think Kidd was a great pick up for the Bucks if only because he's such a good mentor for young stars, that he'd be at worst a great transitional coach to help develop the young guys for the future when the Bucks are potentially contending and can hire another coach.

In regards to Kendall Marshall I think defense and the state of the league are his biggest set backs.

Coaches are looking for point guards who are constantly in attack mode now it seems like. Guys who slow down and play at a smoother pace seem to be a dying breed now.

Great passes has excellent court vision and can hit the 3 pretty well.. Played great for the lakers..

Milbuck,

One of the big things that separates winning teams from losing teams is the ability to take journeyman, maximize their skills, and utilize them.

The Hawks did that with Carroll. He is a hardworking guy, very popular, and contributes (although I would prefer he were a backup, he is still a very solid player).

Marshall is an example of why the Bucks are having a good season. They picked him up when nobody wanted him, and now they may have a rotation player for the next 8 years. And hopefully he can improve his defense, outside shooting, and other areas. Sounds like he will.

Teams that lose have a problem finding these types of guys.

Good on the Bucks.

inconsistent shooter (only good when WIDE open)
    medicore defender at best
    can't create his own shot
    slow

dude's just not starting PG material, he isn't really built for the NBA, I bet he'd have a great career in Euroleague

Banned

Always loved his game, one of the very few true point guards in the league but lacks overall athleticism to be a starting point guard IMO. I enjoy watching him displaying his basketball iq and vision on the floor and hope he'll get as much playing time as he can.

As the guy mentioned above, i can almost guarantee that he'd be a coach's favourite in Euroleague, see Acie Law, and Marshall is clearly a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    inconsistent shooter (only good when WIDE open)
    worst in the league defender at best
    can't create his own shot
    slow

dude's just not starting PG material, he isn't really built for the NBA, I bet he'd have a great career in Euroleague
    Let me fix that for you.

No-name point guards were blowing past Marshall in college. He literally cannot play defense at NBA level. He is slower laterally than 40 year old Steve Nash.