Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: GT: Kings @ Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    Surely this turnaround can't just be down to Josh Smith leaving?
    Smith was a total cancer. Pistons look like a completely different team with him gone.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

drummond has been such a monster since smoove has left

team cancer gets thrown around a lot but seeing how the pistons are playing really makes it seem like he epitomizes the term

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    wrong thread brother
    Shit

But lmfao at Detroit on a 5 game winning streak. Funniest part is that Smith probably has zero awareness of it.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    drummond has been such a monster since smoove has left

team cancer gets thrown around a lot but seeing how the pistons are playing really makes it seem like he epitomizes the term
    Drummond completely outplayed Cousins tonight

Cousins
    18 pts, 15 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 turnovers, 1 block, 5-17 in 40 min

Drummond
    15 pts, 14 rebounds, 1 assist, 0 turnovers, 2 blocks, 6-11 in 28 minutes

Jennings with back to back 30 pt games unreal

5-0 without Smith

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

when kings gonna get a coach ?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Maybe JSmoove is worst than we can imagine
    I can't say it enough times - I'm someone who tends to be pretty light on players and their deficiencies (ex: I defended the Ben Gordon acquisition) - but Josh Smith was playing some of the worst basketball I've ever seen on the NBA level from a player allowed to contribute as much as he was - at least from an offensive perspective.

I think this stat was thrown around a few weeks ago but... I believe I read Josh Smith's TS% with Detroit (.417) would have been the lowest in the history of the entire National Basketball Association for a player attempting at least 14 shots per game.

To give you another angle - Smith was leading the Pistons in field goal attempts by almost 70 shots, yet he was shooting 38% from the field, 24% from the arc, and 48% from the free throw line.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I can't say it enough times - I'm someone who tends to be pretty light on players and their deficiencies (ex: I defended the Ben Gordon acquisition) - but Josh Smith was playing some of the worst basketball I've ever seen on the NBA level from a player allowed to contribute as much as he was - at least from an offensive perspective.

I think this stat was thrown around a few weeks ago but... I believe I read Josh Smith's TS% with Detroit (.417) would have been the lowest in the history of the entire National Basketball Association for a player attempting at least 14 shots per game.

To give you another angle - Smith was leading the Pistons in field goal attempts by almost 70 shots, yet he was shooting 38% from the field, 24% from the arc, and 48% from the free throw line.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
    Damn. I think Jennings and others must have complained to SVG

Not airballing my layups anymore

Good win for us tonight.

No Smith = less pouting, less ref complaints, getting back faster on defense.

I just hope that Jennings will continue to make good decisions once he comes back down to earth. He's had a good string of games but I dread him going back into bonehead mode...

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I am officially over the Kings, will return to supporting them when they sort their shit out

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sundog67
    Good win for us tonight.

No Smith = less pouting, less ref complaints, getting back faster on defense.

I just hope that Jennings will continue to make good decisions once he comes back down to earth. He's had a good string of games but I dread him going back into bonehead mode...
    He's actually still kind of in bonehead mode - he just happens to be drilling everything. It's still pull-up threes and step back jumpers in a lot of situations at this point.

However, he has done a nice job of controlling tempo, sharing, moving without the ball, attacking the rim (when he's not pulling from deep) and supporting his teammates lately.

The real test will be to see what he does when the Pistons stop winning all of the time. Will a two or three game losing streak put him back in the doldrums?

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    He's actually still kind of in bonehead mode - he just happens to be drilling everything. It's still pull-up threes and step back jumpers in a lot of situations at this point.
    I know what you mean but I think that's just his game. He's always played flashy; stepbacks, fadeaways, scoop layups from 15 feet, etc... IMO the boneheadedness comes into play when shots aren't falling but he still insists on jacking them up en masse. You can't blame a guy for taking shots - even stepback fadeaway 3's - when they're falling.

He's definitely capable of doing all of what you listed; controlling, moving, creating for himself and others. Those are the skills that if he utilizes, he can continue to make a lasting positive impact.

All IMO, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by sundog67
    I know what you mean but I think that's just his game. He's always played flashy; stepbacks, fadeaways, scoop layups from 15 feet, etc... IMO the boneheadedness comes into play when shots aren't falling but he still insists on jacking them up en masse. You can't blame a guy for taking shots - even stepback fadeaway 3's - when they're falling.

He's definitely capable of doing all of what you listed; controlling, moving, creating for himself and others. Those are the skills that if he utilizes, he can continue to make a lasting positive impact.

All IMO, of course.
    No. This is the wrong way of thinking. This might be his "game", but when you are shooting less than 35% from the field, something about your "game" needs to change. For every 2 week streak BJ gets, he will go a full month stinking the joint. He's too talented to be playing the way he plays. He needs to step up his IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    No. This is the wrong way of thinking. This might be his "game", but when you are shooting less than 35% from the field, something about your "game" needs to change. For every 2 week streak BJ gets, he will go a full month stinking the joint. He's too talented to be playing the way he plays. He needs to step up his IQ.
    As long as he keeps the 'stink' to a minimum I don't think theres much to complain about. I accept that he's going to take at least a handful of seemingly inadvisable shots every game but that's how he's always played. At this point I would MUCH rather Jennings take those inadvisable shots and make a couple, than Josh Smith take those same shots and miss most of them.

I also trust SVG to sub him out if he reverts to bonehead mode. Out of this 5-game win streak, only the ORL game stuck out as a bad shooting/stat night for him and his minutes went down significantly.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

It's time to move Gay or Cousins or both, 2 quitters can't believe I actually believed in either of these two weak minded pansies (well I never believed in Rudy). Seriously getting outplayed by a scrub like Drummond and guys like Zeller/Sullinger in back to back games