Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am your soldier!

Default Re: Rondo's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    I wonder if this has anything to do with Tyson Chandler also coming off the court. lmao
    Tyson and Rondo are staggered in minutes, they don't come out together. And Tyson missed a couole of yhe games since Rondo got there.

People say three hall of famers made Rondo good... Now people have to say Tyson and Dirk are making him good. He's just f*cking good.

Can't wait to see Rondo activate savage playoff mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Tyson and Rondo are staggered in minutes, they don't come out together. And Tyson missed a couole of yhe games since Rondo got there.

People say three hall of famers made Rondo good... Now people have to say Tyson and Dirk are making him good. He's just f*cking good.
    I know Rondo's good. He's one of the most cerebral players of all time. He is always making the right move on or off ball.

a point guard isn't the sole reason their defensive rating is so different when he is on or off the court, even if he is making all the right switches, box outs, getting people in place and playing good on ball D. there's 4 other people out there.

I love watching Rondo run the team. Its a huge difference compared to Nelson. Also Charlie V. has been getting Wrights minutes averaging in the last 7 games 9 ppg on 47% shooting in just 12mpg. Before the trade he averaged 4 minutes, so we had a great backup for OveratedWright.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    "When Rondo is on the court, the Mavs have a better defensive rating than the league-leading Warriors. When Rondo is off the court, the Mavs have a worse defensive rating than the league-worst Lakers.

Per NBA.com:
    Mavs w/ Rondo DRTG = 93.7
    Warriors' first-ranked DRTG = 96.2
    Mavs w/o Rondo DRTG = 114.7
    Lakers' last-ranked D

Rondo is back.
    GOAT defensive impact.

Haven't seen on/off defensive impact numbers like that since peak KG.

Looks like he taught the kid a thing or two back in Boston.

I usually hit open layups

Rondo is definitely better defender than Nelson or any other Mavs guard, but a player alone doesn't have such an impact on defense, especially not a PG.

You can't overrate these type of statistics. Over a ~5 game span you always get weird on and off court numbers.

For example, if you just look at the last 5 games, Dirk had by far the best defensive on-off court numbers on the Mavs. We know that Dirk isn't an elite defender.

Last 5 games (Link):
    Dirk Nowitzki: on: 92.2 DefRtg, off: 112.3 DefRtg (+20.1)
    Rondo: on: 99.1 DefRtg, off: 103.8 DefRtg (+4.7)
    Tyson: on: 101.2 DefRtg, off: 100.2 DefRtg (-1)

Quote Originally Posted by eklip
    Rondo is definitely better defender than Nelson or any other Mavs guard, but a player alone doesn't have such an impact on defense, especially not a PG.

You can't overrate these type of statistics. Over a ~5 game span you always get weird on and off court numbers.

For example, if you just look at the last 5 games, Dirk had by far the best defensive on-off court numbers on the Mavs. We know that Dirk isn't an elite defender.

Last 5 games (Link):
    Dirk Nowitzki: on: 92.2 DefRtg, off: 112.3 DefRtg (+20.1)
    Rondo: on: 99.1 DefRtg, off: 103.8 DefRtg (+4.7)
    Tyson: on: 101.2 DefRtg, off: 100.2 DefRtg (-1)

Banned

No Nelson makes a massive difference. He was really putrid on D.