Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Rank Pippen's athleticism?

As far as Pippen, there's not many SF's (all-time) I would put above him in terms of overall athleticism... Dude was an athletic freak and one of the most athletic players ever, simple as that.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT

Chuck was simply a great athlete... 6'5 dude banging with and overpowering players with 3/4/5 inches on him; turn around and he's looking like a freight train on the break with his massive body, great body control and handles, plus something like a SF/SG speed; you had this 260+ lbs beast with a 37'' vertical leap...

Go watch him in his 1st couple of years with the Suns but most importantly, watch him in his earlier years with Philly... Impressive athleticism... Shit, he's easily one of the most athletic PF's ever.
    Exactly. Dude is retarded. BTW totally feeling Sidney Moncrief. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    What's not athletic about being under 6'5" and banging on dudes off the vert?

Have you seen him play in philly? He was insanely athletic. He was running the break and crushing it on dudes.

He had his vert measured at 37.5 when he was around 300lbs. Nah that's not any good. Just like Paul pierce.
    I've seen him. He was a very smart player who knew how to maneuver his body and what not. He used his ass better than Kim Kardashian/Nicki Minaj.

He's probably less athletic than a Larry Johnson. And LJ is not first tier athletic.

What I'm saying is he was not on that level as Doc J, Nique, Pippen, Drexler, ect.

Just like Pierce wasn't on the level of T Mac, VC, LeBron and guys from his era.

Let's not get ahead of our selves and say this guy was a fat Dr. J.

Exactly. Dude is retarded. BTW totally feeling Sidney Moncrief. Well done.
    Easily one of the most underrated players ever, shameful that he's not in HoF by now.

Arguably the best guard/perimeter on-ball defender of all-time; something like a poor man's prime D-Wade on offense (regarding "style" of play too); great rebounding guard; great intangibles, played hard every night...
    Injuries took him out in his prime while he was still relatively young, and he didn't have great longevity because of it, but still managed to have a pretty good career.

Easily one of the most underrated players ever, shameful that he's not in HoF by now.

Arguably the best guard/perimeter on-ball defender of all-time; something like a poor man's prime D-Wade on offense (regarding "style" of play too); great rebounding guard; great intangibles, played hard every night...
    Injuries took him out in his prime while he was still relatively young, and he didn't have great longevity because of it, but still managed to have a pretty good career.
    Wow for some reason I always assumed he was in the HOF. Just shows how little we value defense that possibly the best perimeter defender of all time hasn't made it?

Didn't watch the 85 playoffs, but I've heard that he's possibly the only player to 'outplay' Jordan in a matchup in the playoffs. Obviously this is rookie Jordan, but no mean feat. 27-5-5 on 55% in that series.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/...-bernard-king/
    Sidney was amazing to watch in the 80s
    He was the bucks & made then relevant.
    glad to hear to him doing bucks away games.

I usually hit open layups Ron Jeremy's Avatar

This is interesting, but I think we need to narrow down the criteria we are using to determine athleticism. A lot of you are putting down some well known stars but if it were were (strength+ jumping ability+ speed+ size) ratio, then some of these pale in comparison.

D.rob, Shaq, wilt, mcgee, stoudemire (prime), Joey graham lol. just as a start.
    Last edited by Ron Jeremy; 01-03-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Pippen's almost as good as it gets. You have to go to the T-Mac's, Dr J's and LeBron's to really find guys you can make a good argument for being better athletes at the 3.
    Last edited by eliteballer; 01-03-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I've seen him. He was a very smart player who knew how to maneuver his body and what not. He used his ass better than Kim Kardashian/Nicki Minaj.

He's probably less athletic than a Larry Johnson. And LJ is not first tier athletic.

What I'm saying is he was not on that level as Doc J, Nique, Pippen, Drexler, ect.

Just like Pierce wasn't on the level of T Mac, VC, LeBron and guys from his era.

No. He was totally on their level. Saying he's less athletic than LJ is just stupid. You didn't see him play obviously because if you had you wouldn't say that. Dunking on Kareem off the vert has everything to do with his athleticism. He's abdolutely on the level of the most athletic players. At almost 300lbs a 37.5" vert isn't good? You've got to be kidding me. He dunked on everyone. Facing up. Can't do that by throwing your ass around. You're confused.

Loved him. And he's is orobsbly the best on the ball defender ever. He was incredible. Always loved that guy.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Guys who were unquestionably better athletes:

Dr. J
    Jordan
    Nique
    Carter
    McGrady
    Kobe
    Lebron

I'd put Pippen right around Drexler I guess. Drex has the edge in some areas, but Pip does in others. Pippen never had the quickness or explosiveness to be a tier 1 athlete or scorer. Drexler was a bit more explosive, and thus did okay as a first option scorer. Pip's edge on Drexler is imo in terms of body control.
    No way Kobe belongs there lol

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

First of all, your like well under 30. So no, you haven't "seen him".

Second, what do you call this dunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu3vkwP3GHQ&t=1m50s

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    First of all, your like well under 30. So no, you haven't "seen him".

Second, what do you call this dunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu3vkwP3GHQ&t=1m50s
    What is this dude smokin?

No. He was totally on their level. Saying he's less athletic than LJ is just stupid. You didn't see him play obviously because if you had you wouldn't say that. Dunking on Kareem off the vert has everything to do with his athleticism. He's abdolutely on the level of the most athletic players. At almost 300lbs a 37.5" vert isn't good? You've got to be kidding me. He dunked on everyone. Facing up. Can't do that by throwing your ass around. You're confused.
    I watched him. He can't do half of the things a Jordan or a McGrady could do. And if he can, show me.

I'd love to see Chuck try the 360 bounce Mac did at the 2000 dunk contest or the Jordan kiss the rim dunk from 88 ...