NBA rookie of the year

Default Durant has already passed Lebron's scoring average

Durant 25.45 ppg
    Lebron 25.20 ppg

Link

Last edited by JohnMax; 01-03-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Default Re: Durant has already passed Lebron's scoring average

What do you mean already? By playing less games?

The f**k does this even mean? He could've "already" passed LeBron's scoring average after playing one game. That's how averages work. Thread would be better if it was "Durant has already scored more points this year than LeBron."

Considering Lebron is a pass first player while Durant is supposed to be a "pure scorer" I'm surprised the advantage isn't larger.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Should be noted that he's doing it in about 8 minutes less as well. Percentages are waaaay better, the disparity in assists and rebounds aren't too big either, given the differential in minutes.

Durant outplaying LeBron while coming back from a broken foot and ankle sprain.

Best player in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Considering Lebron is a pass first player while Durant is supposed to be a "pure scorer" I'm surprised the advantage isn't larger.
    Considering Durant's MPG season average is 8 minutes less than LeBron's, I'm surprised it's still not less than LeBron's PPG.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Op is a *** and doesn't know what average means.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Considering Durant's MPG season average is 8 minutes less than LeBron's, I'm surprised it's still not less than LeBron's PPG.
    You clearly haven't watched many Cavs games this year. Lebron isn't really trying to score this year, he's trying to teach his young inexperienced team how to win games. The fact that he is averaging 25 a game with a bad back, bad knee, and no athleticism is incredible! Imagine if he were fully healthy and tried to score as much as Durant does. 34 ppg wouldn't be out of the question.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    You clearly haven't watched many Cavs games this year. Lebron isn't really trying to score this year, he's trying to teach his young inexperienced team how to win games. The fact that he is averaging 25 a game with a bad back, bad knee, and no athleticism is incredible! Imagine if he were fully healthy and tried to score as much as Durant does. 34 ppg wouldn't be out of the question.
    You clearly ahven't watched many Thunder games this year. Durant wasn't really trying to score until recently. He was trying to shake off the rust, play his way back into game shape, and once he came back OKC played and killed a lot of scrub teams so Durant didn't even play the 4th quarter. And yeah, I'm sure if LeBron wasn't dealing with any of those issues he'd be averaging 9 more PPG, or 34 PPG...a number he's never reached before. I mean if Durant wasn't being passive the first two weeks he returned, and actually got to play a few more 4th quarters while being aggressive, he'd easily be averaging 36 PPG.

See how easy it is to make excuses and speculate? Just give it a f***ing rest.

Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Bringing shame to the Kevin Durant fans