Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What's your favorite DBZ saga

Frieza saga without hesitation.

That's when the series was supposed to end, but because the popularity of the SSJ and the potential new story, the Cell Saga was created. After that, it was supposed to be the ending and Son-Gohan to be the final hero, but the fans wanted Son-Goku to be alive and the hero, so the final Buu Saga was created and finally over. The Buu Saga (and DBGT) really brought it downhill in quality. Basically, the creator didn't give a shit after all the demands and just sold out.

And I don't get why people are using the anime as canon. Manga > Anime. It's information is fully accurate. Son-Gohan at the end of the story was the most powerful non-fusion character (Vegetto is most powerful overall in the manga) in the series. That's how great his hidden potential was and I never really liked Son-Gohan. Future Son-Gohan is a badass, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    Goku vs Vageta
    Goku vs Cell

Don't care about the rest.
    Not even 17 vs Piccolo?
    Show bot some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    I would if he behaved less like a human.

Although the fight was pretty underrated, since it didn't even come across my mind.
    Great fight.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Mystic Gohan wasn't stronger than SSJ3 Goku, he just didn't have that loss of stamina Super Saiyans have so he could stay that powerful for a long time.
    This is very wrong.

Only anime filler makes it somewhat questionable.

But the manga is clear, Mystic Gohan is by far the strongest non-fused z warrior

Cell Saga

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Dragon Ball was in its prime from the Piccolo Daimao saga (original DB) through Freeza (DBZ). Cell isn't bad either. The early DB stuff is kinda lame, and I never got into Buu.
    DB from the first tournament till Cell Saga was great for me. The Jackie Chun vs Goku fight was awesome, and I loved it since then.

I like the Buu saga as well. It isn't my fave, but I really liked Buu as a villain. Some entertaining stuff with Gotenks, Majin Vegeta vs Goku (love that fight and Vegeta's dialogue during it), and Gohan when he fought Super Buu for that short time. Buu killing all the humans and destroying the planet boost him up on the villain role. But I do think Freeza takes the cake in terms of the best villain in DB.

DBGT sucked ass. I couldn't believe how sucky it was when I watched it compared to DB. Ew.
    Last edited by Micku; 01-02-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    DB from the first tournament till Cell Saga was great for me. The Jackie Chun vs Goku fight was awesome, and I loved it since then.

I like the Buu saga as well. It isn't my fave, but I really liked Buu as a villain. Some entertaining stuff with Gotenks, Majin Vegeta vs Goku (love that fight and Vegeta's dialogue during it), and Gohan when he fought Super Buu for that short time. Buu killing all the humans and destroying the planet boost him up on the villain role. But I do think Freeza takes the cake in terms of the best villain in DB.

DBGT sucked ass. I couldn't believe how sucky it was when I watched it. Ew.
    I remember reading that Toriyama wasn't involved in GT that's why it sucked so much, the only reason people watched it in the first place was to see Super Saiyan 4.

Buu Saga is like a parody of itself, with Mr. Satan as the real hero of the Saga.

I like Saiyan Saga the most. Nappa beasting was nasty.

National High School Star

1. Frieza
    2. Boo

No other saga compares.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Micku

DBGT sucked ass. I couldn't believe how sucky it was when I watched it compared to DB. Ew.
    What annoyed me was in the beginning of the series turning super saiyan was so rare. Goku turning super sayian for the first time was one of the best moments of the series. Fast forward into the series damn near every saiyan is super super saiyan even goten like really.
    Last edited by zoom17; 01-03-2015 at 12:09 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Buu Saga is like a parody of itself, with Mr. Satan as the real hero of the Saga.

I like Saiyan Saga the most. Nappa beasting was nasty.
    How so?

he didnt manage to prevent buu from becoming super buu
    Later good buu was irrelevant vs kid buu

Buu saga fails for other reasons though.

1. Why didnt they just transport Gohan to fight Kid Buu?
    Mystic Gohan would have crushed Kid Buu.
    2. after realizing how strong Buu was Vegeta should have relented and done the fusion dance with goku to fight kid buu
    3. The whole saga could have been prevented if Goku, vegeta and Gohan fought in a different order on babdii's ship, or if goku had been smart and killed dabura. The whole saga is based on vegeta's dumb decisions
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 01-03-2015 at 12:06 AM.

Frieza is obviously the best saga, but Androids/Cell is a nice arc as well, until the ending which is sloppy.

I also like the earlier parts of Majin Buu saga, especially the fight between Goku and Majin Vegeta, but overall that saga goes on far too long and gets far too ridiculous.

Banned

I liked Goku and Vegeta as supers. But I think Gohan should've fought cell in normal form and then gone Mystic instead of ssj2. Would've made more sense with him being a cross between human and saiyan. And little Goten and Trunks should never have been ssj in my opinion.

1) Frieza saga. The original ending, epic 3-way (Earthlings, Vegeta and Frieza). Awesome fights, first SSJ transformation and the best fight of the series: Goku vs Frieza.

2) Cell saga. A lot of SSJ, Vegeta beasting. Trunks. Cell was a cool and inteligent villain. Best transformation of series: Gohan SSJ2. 2nd best fight: Gohan vs Cell. Honorable mention Kamiccolo vs 17.

3) King Piccolo saga. First serious "world in danger" saga, first really powerful and totally evil villain. Orgasmic fight Goku vs Piccolo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NVdyvCyTnE

Great Speech by Vegeta

My motivation was very different than Kakarott's. My motivation was to be the best, to be the greatest Saiyan alive as I always have been, until Kakarott came into the picture. Kakarott's success was like a demon in my head. How could he be a super Saiyan when I the prince of all Saiyans could not? The intensity of my training was maddening. At four hundred and fifty times Earth's normal gravity a basic training game became a desperate struggle for survival. Even the simplest moves required every ounce of willpower I had. I wasn't sure how long I could sustain the effort without breaking in two. It seemed like the only thing holding my body together was my one desire to be better than Kakarott. At times I thought I was losing my mind. Why couldn't I obtain what Kakarott had obtained? It didn't make sense. It was infuriating and it was my fury that kept me alive. I decided to continue my training in the solitude of space where I would be unhindered by the distractions of the Earth and when a violent electrical storm erupted in the skies of the planet I was on, I welcomed it. It seemed fitting like it was an outward manifestation of the storm that was raging inside of me. Then the meteors started coming down but I was determined to survive and to protect my ship from destruction. It was my only way out, my only way off that nightmarish heap of rubble. I thought I had everything under control but then the mother of all meteors seemed to appear out of nowhere to claim my ship and my life. Normally it would have been child's play to blow up that rock but after training at four hundred and fifty times normal gravity for so long it took everything I had and more. "Kakkkk karot...." Then something just snapped, something inside of me. "No! No more! That's it! I don't care!" I didn't care anymore. I didn't care about being better than Kakarott. I didn't care about being a super Saiyan. I didn't care if I lived! I didn't care about anything and then IT happened. Yes, that's how it happened. That's how I became a super Saiyan. The sleeper has awakened. I am the prince of all Saiyans once again!"