Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sunshine State

Default Re: my ALPHA and BETA ring calculations

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Cringe worthy trolling by these Kobe stans.
    Can we unban Dubeta and Lebronxrings? At least those guys are funny.
    No one on this forum thinks they're funny.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    ya b!tch gets fcuked by an entire town on nightly basis ...so i won't argue with you on that....
    lol shes a hard working girl...... brings home the money every night. I got the girl that every guy wants including you

Local High School Star Megabox!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    also kobe always won with ppl that had never won before being his teammate, lebron, not so much
    I guess Bosh, Lewis, Birdman, Turiaf, Birdman and Battier don't count then? I mean none of them won any NBA championships before joining the Heat

Russell doesn't have 11x Alpha rings. More like 7x or 8x. When you are at times waffling between the 3rd and 5th most important, or productive player on a given side of the ball ... that isn't definitive alpha status. People always get this messed up when they look at his ring count.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Russell doesn't have 11x Alpha rings. More like 7x or 8x. When you are at times waffling between the 3rd and 5th most important, or productive player on a given side of the ball ... that isn't definitive alpha status. People always get this messed up when they look at his ring count.
    True, Hondo and Sam Jones would've had a couple FMVPs each, probably.

The Holy Trinity

Cringe worthy trolling by these Kobe stans.
    Can we unban Dubeta and Lebronxrings? At least those guys are funny.
    Dubeta is on another board now masquerading as a Thunder fan and using that pretense to disparage KD. I was gonna call him out (I post under another handle there), but it was just so sad that I let it be. I can't believe he's using the same name though. Cyberspace is a small world, and someone will expose him.

Or are you Dubeta and LeBronxrings? You're advocating for them/you pretty aggressively.

Topic: Alpha rings should count for 1 pt. and Beta rings for .5

So MJ has 6 pts, Shaq and Kobe each have 3.5 pts, James and Wade each have 2 pts, etc.

However, a player should have at least one alpha ring to have any pts. So Pippen's 6 beta rings that would give him 3 pts and put him in front of James/Wade actually don't count for any points. And among players who have points, the tie goes to the player with the most alpha rings. So Shaq wins the breaker over Kobe, James over Wade etc.
    Last edited by jrong; 01-02-2015 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Dubeta is on another board now masquerading as a Thunder fan and using that pretense to disparage KD. I was gonna call him out (I post under another handle there), but it was just so sad that I let it be. I can't believe he's using the same name though. Cyberspace is a small world, and someone will expose him.

Or are you Dubeta and LeBronxrings? You're advocating for them/you pretty aggressively.

So MJ has 6 pts, Shaq and Kobe each have 3.5 pts, James and Wade each have 2 pts, etc.

However, a player should have at least one alpha ring to have any pts. So Pippen's 6 beta rings that would give him 3 pts and put him in front of James/Wade actually don't count for any points. And among players who have points, the tie goes to the player with the most alpha rings. So Shaq wins the breaker over Kobe, James over Wade etc.
    I am not them, but I do think it is unfair that they are constantly getting banned when other posters on this forum are much worse. We have idiots like 20four who never even try to discuss basketball, and do nothing but post the exact same McDonalds jokes and personal insults every day.

I am not them, but I do think it is unfair that they are constantly getting banned when other posters on this forum are much worse. We have idiots like 20four who never even try to discuss basketball, and do nothing but post the exact same McDonalds jokes and personal insults every day.
    haha i love those mcdonalds jokes you know they're coming but its still funny.

you guys get banned because your obsessively pushing your agenda on a consistant basis. Dubeta is basically the bran stan version of kenneth. Thread after thread after thread of kobe sucks and lebron rules and this is why. you guys never take a break so OP gives it to you.

I rarely ever so you guys talk about anything else other then kobe and bron. get a life.

hmmm interesting. yah know you and I could've worked together to make this thread. thanks for the development help.

College superstar

since this thread has a THEME of perimeter players, i'll just go that route.

lebron: 2 alpha rings - as the heat were barely a playoff team with him, and without him, scratching and crawling for a playoff spot.

kobe 1 alpha ring - 3 were shaq heavylifting in the finals, and of course, one where pau was robbed of a finals mvp (while arguably outplaying kobe throughout the postseason, as well)

pippen 5 alpha rings - 5 because for the bulk of the 98 playoffs, he was hurt and played like a shell of himself. but yes - 5. now hear me out.....before pippen, jordan was just 1-9 in the postseason, and missed the playoffs twice without pippen after the fact (wizards era).

jordan 1 alpha ring - see above

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24

lebron: 2 alpha rings - as the heat were barely a playoff team with him, and without him, scratching and crawling for a playoff spot.

kobe 1 alpha ring - 3 were shaq heavylifting in the finals, and of course, one where pau was robbed of a finals mvp (while arguably outplaying kobe throughout the postseason, as well)

pippen 5 alpha rings - 5 because for the bulk of the 98 playoffs, he was hurt and played like a shell of himself. but yes - 5. now hear me out.....before pippen, jordan was just 1-9 in the postseason, and missed the playoffs twice without pippen after the fact (wizards era).

this is my formula. you want to make your own. start a thread and do it.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    this is my formula. you want to make your own. start a thread and do it.
    i find my formula to be more efficient AND dominant.

kudos

That is extraordinarily accurate, and makes total sense. Do Magic, Bird, and Kareem if you have time ...

MJ - 6
    Shaq - 3.5
    Kobe - 3.5
    Wade - 2
    LeBron - 2

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24

Pippen's alpha ring to Finals MVP ratio is at a historic disparity

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Pippen's alpha ring to Finals MVP ratio is at a historic disparity
    LOL to the statistical difference as well between the best player and his clear sidekick.