Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default James Harden with the LeBronesque stats 27.7 ppg 6.1 rpg 6.9 apg...AD is not MVP!

LBJ will get MVP with those stats any year, just saying.

I don't like him at all but his individual stats are better than most.

Anthony Davis great player but not MVP and not the best in the world either.

1.9 steals per game too

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: James Harden with the LeBronesque stats 27.7 ppg 6.1 rpg 6.9 apg...AD is not MVP!

Lebron could finish averaging 24/5/6 with the fifth seed in the east and will still finish top 5 in MVP voting.

Harden will have to up his FG% if he wants to rival
    Lebron for MVP. Because when voters look at their records vs FG%, the latter wins out more often than not

Banned

Default Re: James Harden with the LeBronesque stats 27.7 ppg 6.1 rpg 6.9 apg...AD is not MVP!

Da real King James

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Lebron could finish averaging 24/5/6 with the fifth seed in the east and will still finish top 5 in MVP voting.

Lebron for MVP. Because when voters look at their records vs FG%, the latter wins out more often than not
    He is working on it. He started off the year slow just like he always does. Shot 48%/39%/88% for the month of December. It doesn't appear he will be slowing down soon either.

Very good NBA starter

Surprised (and not so surprised) Harden isn't even top-5 in FG's made... It's all them FT's, leads the league in makes and attempts pretty handedly... I wonder if a traditional back-to-the-basket big man will ever win MVP again

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

His FG% has been on the rise during the month of December. He shot 48% while averaging over 30 points and is currently on 44% for the year. Not too shabby considering the slump he was in at the beginning of the year.

There is still a long ways to go but it will be interesting to see how the MVP race shapes up as the season goes on.

I didn't realize he was playing so well, as I don't watch a lot of Rockets games. Bravo.
    Lebron finally has someone he can pass the torch to.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    I didn't realize he was playing so well, as I don't watch a lot of Rockets games. Bravo.
    Lebron finally has someone he can pass the torch to.
    Finally?

I don't recall your hero winning it last year JT.

NBA All-star

what teams did he played against that he could average so many assists?

Local High School Star

Right now my top 5 MVPs are as follows.

1a. Stephen Curry ( needs to stay the course and it's his)

1b. James Harden ( needs to stay the course and duke it out with steph)

3. Kyle Lowry (needs to have his team finish #1, keep up strong play, and hope steph and Harden fall off a cliff)

4. Anthony Davis ( Needs to make the playoffs as at least a 6th seed, return to form on how he started the year because he slipped a bit on his domination

5. LeBron James ( keep a steady pace, let everyone else hang themselves and then go for the kill towards the end of the season)

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    Right now my top 5 MVPs are as follows.

1a. Stephen Curry ( needs to stay the course and it's his)

1b. James Harden ( needs to stay the course and duke it out with steph)

3. Kyle Lowry (needs to have his team finish #1, keep up strong play, and hope steph and Harden fall off a cliff)

4. Anthony Davis ( Needs to make the playoffs as at least a 6th seed, return to form on how he started the year because he slipped a bit on his domination

5. LeBron James ( keep a steady pace, let everyone else hang themselves and then go for the kill towards the end of the season)
    John wall
    Best player on the best team

I like Davis as much as anybody, but he doesn't really have a chance here. Since the MVP became a media award in 80-81, here are how the winners' teams have stacked up:

1 seed - 26
    2 seed - 5
    3 seed - 2 (1981, 1988)
    6 seed - 1 (1982)

KD probably can't win either, he's already missed 23 games I believe. Excluding the two lockout seasons (Malone played 49/50 in 99, LeBron played 62/66 in 12):

82 games - 10 times
    81 games - 6 times
    80 games - 4 times
    79 games - 4 times
    78 games - 2 times
    77 games - 1 time (Magic 89)
    76 games - 3 times (Barkley 93, LeBron 10, LeBron 13)
    75 games - 1 time (Nash 05)
    71 games - 1 time (Iverson 01)

So either we'll have an unprecedented winner who missed a lot of games (for the LeBron fans out there, he's probably in this bucket too now, since he's out for the next two weeks)/who plays on a bad team, OR the winner won't be one of the guys you'd expect.

Barring something unpredictable happening, looks like it's going to be one of Curry, Lillard, Gasol, or Harden (don't think it'll be someone from the East).

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

You guys are forgetting Butler. The Bulls will be the #1 seed in the East and have a top 3 overall record by the end of the season. The best player on such a team almost by default is a top 5 MVP candidate, at minimum. I don't think Butler will win but if present trends hold he will finish in the top 5.

taht flopper aint winning shit

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Finally?

I don't recall your hero winning it last year JT.
    I was talking about being the face of the NBA, not the MVP. He know Durant will never be the face of the league, with him only being ranked 5th amongst front court players in all star balloting.