Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Stein: Cavs Reach Boiling Point As LBJ Continues To Disregard Blatt's Authority

It seems like people keep writing the same comments in each thread. The threads have different titles, but the contents are the same. Boring and not entertaining.

Default Re: Stein: Cavs Reach Boiling Point As LBJ Continues To Disregard Blatt's Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    absolutely. I think real cavs fans don't like him much tho, the few games I've watched that were at the Q the atmosphere was really bad.
    I've been waiting for someone to comment on this. Astute observation, bro.

Guys like Meticode, and RedBlackAttack could shed more light from an actual hardcore Cavs fan perspective.

I just recently watched some highlights of LeBron in his first stint with the Cavs, and while also being a far more entertaining player individually back then ... the Cleveland home crowd was dramatically more passionate in the atmosphere there. They rooted for LeBron, and the Cavs a lot harder.

Maybe the heartfelt Cleveland faithful feel awkward rooting for this guy, this relatively soon, given what he did to them just 4x years ago.

James basically taking his best years to go elsewhere to win easily, when Cleveland was on the cusp of titles, and ultimate greatness with his hometown crowd cheering him on. I'm sure many of them feel weird seeing him back there, and it manifests itself in the home crowd atmosphere.

All they needed before he bailed like a coward, was more mental toughness from their leader, and a piece or two extra talent wise. That's it. And he would've been competing for titles where he was all along. With out the cowardice, the betrayal, and then ensuing awkwardness when he returned.

The Q was a LOT rowdier circa 2006 - 2010 than it is today, with basically an even more talented roster. Sad. LeBron brought this on himself though.

My mate is a hometown Cavs fan and I'd describe his attitude to LeBron coming back as reluctant acceptance. Certainly didn't seem to be jumping for joy aboht his return, but Cleveland teams havent won anything for years (isn't it like 50 years now?) that he just kinda ignores the past and hopes LeBron will help them win a title.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    what's really amazing is what Dan gilbert did by signing lebron after that "farewell" letter he wrote when he left to miami.

I know it's business but jesus, have some fing pride
    Like u said, it's business. If Lebron James is there for the taking, you go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    My mate is a hometown Cavs fan and I'd describe his attitude to LeBron coming back as reluctant acceptance. Certainly didn't seem to be jumping for joy aboht his return, but Cleveland teams havent won anything for years (isn't it like 50 years now?) that he just kinda ignores the past and hopes LeBron will help them win a title.

winning erases all sorrows...any hint at success for failing franchises (in this case a city) will always be accepted, no matter what the past did.

my VP is a born-raised Cleveland-er and season ticket holder to all things Cleveland. He hated the Heat/Lebron with passion when Lebron left and I would always jar with him over our success vs theirs in Cleveland. now that Lebron is back, there was initial mixed feelings...however, those have subsided and he's back to cheering for Lebron and so forth. the Cavs have been mediocre at best, but even at that, it's better than what they had before and future-wise, it looks as if it will certainly get better (the team is too talented to not get better). they put faith in that and move forward with Lebron at the helm

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

As previous posts point out, I wasn't clamoring for his return, but you don't get mad when someone of that level of talent wants to play for your team. I am extremely annoyed that he's attempting to run the show again when that clearly didn't work at all last time.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    If he did he wouldn't work for ESPN aka the TMZ of sports news. The network is known for creating it's own news, and while Stein might not be as bad as Windhorst, he is still a company man.
    This fool just wrote a completely baseless article about how Lebron wants Blatt fired, but provided ZERO evidence or sources. The only thing he could point out was Lebron saying he doesn't need to ask permission to take on more playmaking responsibilities. How does one take a quote like that and twist it into "Lebron wants his coach fired ASAP"
    Not to get too off track, but this is 100% correct. Anybody who needs proof should see ESPN fake story regarding Jameis Winston and autographs.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I've been waiting for someone to comment on this. Astute observation, bro.

Guys like Meticode, and RedBlackAttack could shed more light from an actual hardcore Cavs fan perspective.

I just recently watched some highlights of LeBron in his first stint with the Cavs, and while also being a far more entertaining player individually back then ... the Cleveland home crowd was dramatically more passionate in the atmosphere there. They rooted for LeBron, and the Cavs a lot harder.

Maybe the heartfelt Cleveland faithful feel awkward rooting for this guy, this relatively soon, given what he did to them just 4x years ago.

James basically taking his best years to go elsewhere to win easily, when Cleveland was on the cusp of titles, and ultimate greatness with his hometown crowd cheering him on. I'm sure many of them feel weird seeing him back there, and it manifests itself in the home crowd atmosphere.

All they needed before he bailed like a coward, was more mental toughness from their leader, and a piece or two extra talent wise. That's it. And he would've been competing for titles where he was all along. With out the cowardice, the betrayal, and then ensuing awkwardness when he returned.

The Q was a LOT rowdier circa 2006 - 2010 than it is today, with basically an even more talented roster. Sad. LeBron brought this on himself though.

this is 100% wrong. This cavs team is immensely more popular than any of Lebron pre miami cavs teams. The Q is always rowdy and has sold out every game this year. There hasn't been any playoff games yet, so you are just comparing those gigantic momentous playoff games to these early pre all star reg season games.

Before Lebron left, the cavs had a small but dedicated fan base, since he's came back w/ Love and w/ Kyrie already being there it's been off the charts.. this is probably the most popular cavs team in franchise history by a long short. Remember, Cleveland top teams are:

1. Browns

2. Browns,
    3. Browns,
    4. Browns,
    5. Indians/Cavs (tie)

With all that being said I consider myself a fanatic, i'm obsessed with the cavs and I am really starting to HATE this team. They disgust me. Lebron disgusts me. Dude is just not giving a f*ck and its become cancerous. What happened to all that bs about hard work? He doesn't try out there. I've said it before and i'll say it again, he plays lazy. Too many lazy passes, too many instances of not hustling or playing D, and too many instances of just scrapping the game plan.

Love has played some D in spurts, but lately he's been reverting to his patented "not even gonna contest a shot because i'm already going for the rebound" defensive technique.

Kyrie, Waiters, Delly, Miller, Marion, TT, Andy, Harris, are all playing hard. They all give a damn. It starts with the leader of the team though, and if Lebron doesn't start buying in then it's over for this cavaliers iteration.

Also, gotta love how when this cavs team doesn't run Blatt's sets it's on the players, but last year when the team didn't run Brown's sets it was on Mike Brown.

I have yet to see a fraction of the passion that those cavs teams played with back in 09 and 10, and it's painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Man....what a mess. Cleveland would have been better off with a youthful core of Wiggins, Irving, Bennett and everyone else and just have them grow with one another.

Can you imagine if Bron as a pup played for a great coach like Pop from the start? Cuz would be on his knees saying "yes sir" and "no sir" with the uttermost respect doing whatever Pop told him to do when he told him to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    this is 100% wrong. This cavs team is immensely more popular than any of Lebron pre miami cavs teams. The Q is always rowdy and has sold out every game this year. There hasn't been any playoff games yet, so you are just comparing those gigantic momentous playoff games to these early pre all star reg season games.

Before Lebron left, the cavs had a small but dedicated fan base, since he's came back w/ Love and w/ Kyrie already being there it's been off the charts.. this is probably the most popular cavs team in franchise history by a long short. Remember, Cleveland top teams are:

1. Browns

2. Browns,
    3. Browns,
    4. Browns,
    5. Indians/Cavs (tie)

With all that being said I consider myself a fanatic, i'm obsessed with the cavs and I am really starting to HATE this team. They disgust me. Lebron disgusts me. Dude is just not giving a f*ck and its become cancerous. What happened to all that bs about hard work? He doesn't try out there. I've said it before and i'll say it again, he plays lazy. Too many lazy passes, too many instances of not hustling or playing D, and too many instances of just scrapping the game plan.

Love has played some D in spurts, but lately he's been reverting to his patented "not even gonna contest a shot because i'm already going for the rebound" defensive technique.

Kyrie, Waiters, Delly, Miller, Marion, TT, Andy, Harris, are all playing hard. They all give a damn. It starts with the leader of the team though, and if Lebron doesn't start buying in then it's over for this cavaliers iteration.

Also, gotta love how when this cavs team doesn't run Blatt's sets it's on the players, but last year when the team didn't run Brown's sets it was on Mike Brown.

I have yet to see a fraction of the passion that those cavs teams played with back in 09 and 10, and it's painful to watch.
    How long have you been watching? Back in the day when Mark Price and Brad D were shitting on the east the noise in that arena made a Browns game feel like a library. Price droppin shots on Jordan and Pippen all over the place while servin assists like Skiles. That was some damn good Cavs ball back then.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

If it's true, it's all on Gilbert. He needs to tell LeBron to stfu and do what his coach says. And ban LeBron's clown-car posse of high-school-buddy advisors from the arena.

He likely won't though. Gilbert is enamored with LeBron. He's in love.