Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stein: Cavs Reach Boiling Point As LBJ Continues To Disregard Blatt's Authority

The problem with the Cavs is that Lebron has way too much power. He thinks he can just walk all over everybody. In Miami, Pat Riley was THE man. There's a reason why he's known as The Godfather. Riley liked Spoelstra, so he made sure Lebron played nice.

It's just not a good idea to have a player running the show. It will lead to nothing but dysfunction.

Default Re: Stein: Cavs Reach Boiling Point As LBJ Continues To Disregard Blatt's Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    It's just not a good idea to have a player running the show. It will lead to nothing but dysfunction.
    Like the Lakers sitch with Kobe since PJ left?

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Lebron is a primadonna, dude went back to Cleveland because he couldn't pull this shit in Miami, Riley wouldn't allow it. The fact that he went back to Cleveland put a target on the coach's back, because heaven forbid someone in Cleveland blamed Lebron for anything. I remember Lebron had beef with Spo at the start too, and then Riley told Lebron and 'his people' to shut the fck up because Spo was not going anywhere. Beta gonna beta.
    Your Knicks are 1-19 in their last 20 games. Please stop.

LeBron gonna sit out until Blatt is gone, lol.

Guy is a joke.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

The problem with the Cavs is that Lebron has way too much power. He thinks he can just walk all over everybody. In Miami, Pat Riley was THE man. There's a reason why he's known as The Godfather. Riley liked Spoelstra, so he made sure Lebron played nice.

Case by case. The only reason Riley is known as the godfather is because Magic got the Lakers coach fired(he has admitted as much in the years since) and Magic liked Riley so they gave him the job with Jerry West as "co coach".

If Magic played his part and didnt start demanding his way Pat Riley may have ended up back on tv...which is where he was before the old coach(pre Westhead) nearly died in a car wreck and they needed a new staff.

Pat Rileys whole coaching career is founded in a star getting his way and pushing out the previous coach.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Like the Lakers sitch with Kobe since PJ left?
    I think Mitch Kupchak actually said he doesn't give a shit about Kobe's input.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Case by case. The only reason Riley is known as the godfather is because Magic got the Lakers coach fired(he has admitted as much in the years since) and Magic liked Riley so they gave him the job with Jerry West as "co coach".

If Magic played his part and didnt start demanding his way Pat Riley may have ended up back on tv...which is where he was before the old coach(pre Westhead) nearly died in a car wreck and they needed a new staff.

Pat Rileys whole coaching career is founded in a star getting his way and pushing out the previous coach.
    So what do you think, is Blatt finished?

If Lebron thinks he can just walk over everybody, WHY the HELL did Riley AND SPO want Lebron back in MIA?

So he can continue to think he can walk all over them?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Nah I dont know whats going on. This could be serious...it could be the part played with the ominous music as they cover the "turmoil" in a championship DVD before they pull it together and go on a 30-4 run to right the ship and go on to win it all. Could be real...could be overblown struggling team drama.

Im not gonna call it. Just wait and see.

Well the cavs have looked pretty fkn embarassing out there lately, serves them right for hiring a euro scrub coach and especially for letting LeBald play GM
    I was against the Wiggins Love trade from the start, glad it's blowing up in there faces, love was just a stad padding loser on a shit team.

What coaches are even available that are any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Blatt has been a surprisingly big disappointment to me.

I thought he was an innovative coach who took a rag tag team of nobodies to the EL title last year. I thought he would do a better version of the Spurs Euro style system in Cleveland. I thought he would show some innovative defense, Euro style. I thought he was tough and could handle star players. I thought he would do the Spurs democratic offense where they don't rely too much on their stars.

Just the opposite on all counts. I and many others were completely wrong.
    I told you over and over and over and over Blatt was an overrated POS. I told you over and over and over and over Blatt did NOT use the "Princeton offense".

You continued to say I was "lying" and instead you quoted bloggers at grantland who have never seen a Euroleague game as "legit sources".

You continue to prove that you are a moron.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-01-2015 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Even if he was innovative, that style of offense doesn't work with the crap team Cleveland has. They have to rely on their stars...that's all they have. They are a superstar team not a balanced one.
    As I said here over and over before the season started, Blatt didn't used the Princeton offense in Europe.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, all the TROLLS here kept calling me a liar and saying I was "trolling".

All the trolls that have never in their life seen a single Euroleague game, somehow "knew" he used the Princeton offense, even though they never saw a Euroleague game in their entire life.

And kept trolling about it, even after Fiba, and several other Euroleage fans here confirmed I was telling the truth, and that he never used that offense in Europe.

I don't even know where the hell that nonsense claim even came from.

Stein is one of the most reliable reporters out there. Only Woj is held in higher regard.
    Blatt ran Princeton offense in Europe (he did not).

Gal Mekel was one of the better point guards in Europe (when he was nothing but a scrub the whole time he was there)................
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-01-2015 at 03:28 AM.

ok heres the deal, blatt may be a below average coach, but lebron is cementing himself as the worst primadona this game has ever seen. 30 games into the season to be acting like this? disgusting

he basically wants everything to be perfect to give the effort to win, now you tell me, isnt that attitude enough to not be considered an all time great?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

But maybe magic liked riley because riley put his foot down. Nobody liked discipline for the sake of proving dominance, but all people react to the right coach.

If riley wasn't in his spot, then yeah it'd be different. Bron has the power in Cleveland. But these real vet coaches aren't gonna take Bron's shit.

Phil wouldn't, Hubie Brown wouldn't, Riley wouldn't, Doc wouldn't, Thibs wouldn't, Sloan wouldn't. There are a bunch of coaches that wouldn't have it. Now, as someone who has had 'coaching issues' in various life situations, I can say that there can be ego issues on both sides that cause an authority relationship to fail. However, if the authority doesn't have any authority, it's a waste.

Riley was right tho, Bron ****ed up leaving. He basically left the perfect situation. He had a guy who was strong willed who always had his back in the front office, and a pretty much figurehead coach.

-Smak