Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Crose's Avatar

Default Stein: Cavs Reach Boiling Point As LBJ Continues To Disregard Blatt's Authority

link: http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/p...-boiling-point

piece of article:
    Far more troubling than that instantly viral interaction, whether or not you buy the explanation, is the way LeBron has so openly shown little interest in Blatt's authority so far.

On Monday, ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst and I reported that the Cavs are growing increasingly concerned about Blatt's ability to reach this team.

The whispers about LeBron tuning out in huddles or freelancing offensively, in circulation for weeks, have only grown louder since the story hit.

The volume didn't go down any, either, after James' alarmingly tepid endorsement of Blatt, when he responded to a question about the Cavs having the right coach by saying in part: "Yeah, I mean, he's our coach. What other coach do we have?"

That's the same James who didn't hesitate to announce earlier this month that he alone decided to take on more playmaking responsibilities because he's at the stage of his career where he doesn't need to ask his coach for permission. The distinct impression he leaves, with each passing day, is that he does not want to be coached. At least not by an NBA novice.

Blatt, mind you, is by no means blameless here. He's indeed had his share of novice moments when it comes to game-management, most notably in a high-profile home loss to San Antonio on Nov. 19.

The Cavs' roster holes, furthermore, are well-documented.

But let's face it: Blatt has zero chance to succeed without the star's backing. No matter how good he is at his tactical best.

And that was always the worry here.The question with Blatt from the start was: Would NBA vets who don't care one whit about his international accomplishments buy into the new program?

Answer: Based on the available evidence, LeBron has not.

Among the Cavs' many issues, though, is the real possibility that no one in the organization possesses the requisite hammer to make him try harder. When we heard similarly widespread gloom and doubt about Erik Spoelstra's ability to lead the LeBron-Wade-Chris Bosh Heat in the maiden months of the 2010-11 season, Pat Riley and Wade were there to support Spo.
    man this is getting bad

Default Re: Stein: Cavs Reach Boiling Point As LBJ Continues To Disregard Blatt's Authority

[COLOR=Teal]So this's what it's all about? No surprise there.
    [/COLOR]

Default Re: Stein: Cavs Reach Boiling Point As LBJ Continues To Disregard Blatt's Authority

The decision 3.0 taking his talents back to south beach.

Lebron is a primadonna, dude went back to Cleveland because he couldn't pull this shit in Miami, Riley wouldn't allow it. The fact that he went back to Cleveland put a target on the coach's back, because heaven forbid someone in Cleveland blamed Lebron for anything. I remember Lebron had beef with Spo at the start too, and then Riley told Lebron and 'his people' to shut the fck up because Spo was not going anywhere. Beta gonna beta.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Lebron is a primadonna, dude went back to Cleveland because he couldn't pull this shit in Miami, Riley wouldn't allow it. The fact that he went back to Cleveland put a target on the coach's back, because heaven forbid someone in Cleveland blamed Lebron for anything. I remember Lebron had beef with Spo at the start too, and then Riley told Lebron and 'his people' to shut the fck up because Spo was not going anywhere. Beta gonna beta.

How long have I been saying how much of a dipshit lebron is.

The biggest phony "superstar" the game has seen.

Legend my ass.

This guy has had one of the most manufactured legacies out of all the great players that have played. He has barely earnt anything.

F.ck this piece of trash.

National High School Star

wtf r the sources?

Blatt has been a surprisingly big disappointment to me.

I thought he was an innovative coach who took a rag tag team of nobodies to the EL title last year. I thought he would do a better version of the Spurs Euro style system in Cleveland. I thought he would show some innovative defense, Euro style. I thought he was tough and could handle star players. I thought he would do the Spurs democratic offense where they don't rely too much on their stars.

Just the opposite on all counts. I and many others were completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    wtf r the sources?
    There are no sources. Everything in the article is nothing more than the writers speculations. LOL at anyone stupid enough to buy into this crap.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Lebron is a cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Blatt has been a surprisingly big disappointment to me.

I thought he was an innovative coach who took a rag tag team of nobodies to the EL title last year. I thought he would do a better version of the Spurs Euro style system in Cleveland. I thought he would show some innovative defense, Euro style. I thought he was tough and could handle star players. I thought he would do the Spurs democratic offense where they don't rely too much on their stars.

Just the opposite on all counts. I and many others were completely wrong.
    Even if he was innovative, that style of offense doesn't work with the crap team Cleveland has. They have to rely on their stars...that's all they have. They are a superstar team not a balanced one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    wtf r the sources?
    Stein is one of the most reliable reporters out there. Only Woj is held in higher regard.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Stein is one of the most reliable reporters out there. Only Woj is held in higher regard.
    This.

Stein has earned our respect and this stuff should basically be taken as truth until someone provides evidence against it.

Dude has been one of the best reporters for years.

Besides, you don't even need inside sources to know Lebron is undermining the coach. Lebron literally admitted that himself.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. I think Stein is on track here.

I'm not a Cavs fan, and I haven't seen them play all year or read Cleveland- based background media reports, but I was able to make those observations about Blatt just by watching a few games.