Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kobe has 2 triple doubles in his 19th NBA season

Very near a QD with 9 TO's also

But I much prefer this version of Kobe. He made some really great plays and it is fantastic for the team spirit when he plays like this (at least it looks like it from the outside). Hope he continues this and cuts off his TO's

Because nobody else stat stuffs against weak teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    Yeah the Raptors suck.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by dubnation
    What does that even mean?

that whoopi goldberg is kareem abdul jabbar in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun
    let's see how many NBA players have a 20+ point triple double and a 30+ point triple double in their 19th nba season, one coming against the best team in the East.

I'll wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    almost got a quadruple double too
    yea not even hating but when Kobe gets a triple double I have to see the stats. It's like oh... 6/11 notbad... (still readiing) lol 9 TOs.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    yea not even hating but when Kobe gets a triple double I have to see the stats. It's like oh... 6/11 notbad... (still readiing) lol 9 TOs.

-Smak
    still a great game...and he had 2 TOs to 12 ast in the triple double vs the raptors (OT game, too).

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Lebron is averaging like 7 turnovers every other game, you ****s go silent about that.

19th season vs prime LBJ turnovers.

I'll take the old fart. Those type of turnovers coming from a Top 5 player in the league is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    This is not a reflection of Kobe, but I've always felt the triple-double machines were the ones who almost guaranteed the least success (Oscar, Kidd, Wilt and LeBron to an extent).

I guess Magic is the exception though.
    On the contrary, triple doubles in general have shown to be more connected with wins than any other type of comparably impressive stat (40 point games, 20 rebound games, etc). None of the players you mentioned guaranteed the least success given the teams they played for. Oscar's teams were garbage without him. Kidd typically boosted his teams' winning percentage. LeBron? Tell me of one single season when his former team did well without him. Wilt? Dude won 68 and 62 games in the 2 seasons he was a real triple double machine.
    And then, what about Magic? Bird? Frazier? Havlicek?

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    On the contrary, triple doubles in general have shown to be more connected with wins than any other type of comparably impressive stat (40 point games, 20 rebound games, etc). None of the players you mentioned guaranteed the least success given the teams they played for. Oscar's teams were garbage without him. Kidd typically boosted his teams' winning percentage. LeBron? Tell me of one single season when his former team did well without him. Wilt? Dude won 68 and 62 games in the 2 seasons he was a real triple double machine.
    He's downplaying Triple doubles because Tim Duncan only has three more triple doubles than Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Bill Simmons claims that Wilt was a "selfish stats-padder" in the season in which he led the NBA in assists (while scoring 24 ppg, grabbing 24 rpg, and shooting .595 from the floor.) The "selfish statspadder" led his team to a runaway best record in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Bill Simmons claims that Wilt was a "selfish stats-padder" in the season in which he led the NBA in assists (while scoring 24 ppg, grabbing 24 rpg, and shooting .595 from the floor.) The "selfish statspadder" led his team to a runaway best record in the league.
    Isn't it funny how Wilt only averaged 0.8 apg less in the previous postseason, when he hadn't set this specific goal and won the title after having "padded his way" to 8 triple doubles in 1 postseason alone?
    One thing that hasn't ever been made clear is the point during which Wilt decided he'd lead the league in assists. Was this a consciencious thought made by him very early on in that season? Or was this something that he decided after Oscar went down due to injury early on and Rodgers started being given limited minutes of play, giving Wilt an early lead? Because it certainly doesn't sound as if he played much more differently that season compared to his previous one. If anything, at one point, as you know, he had his mind fixed more on scoring and his assists seemed they wouldn't even match his '67 figures.

Wilt stans

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    That's like saying, "I would trade my 19" SD television, for a 67" 4k television."
    you wouldn't?

High School Starter

10-22
    No finals appearance
    No Western Conference finals
    No MVP
    No Playoffs

Highlight of lakers season: Kobe Bryant had 2 triple doubles (almost 2 quadruple doubles counting turnovers)