Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs fans started a petition to get rid of Kevin Love

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mdywx5t

LeBron, Melo and Irving

Love in the triangle. That makes more sense
    So defense marginally improves, but this hurts them on the break. Makes more sense for the Knicks than the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mdywx5t

LeBron, Melo and Irving

Love in the triangle. That makes more sense
    QUICK! Where do I sign? (here comes mellowyellow)

In the offseason, the Cavs could let Love go and sign Marc Gasol. Theoretically.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    In the offseason, the Cavs could let Love go and sign Marc Gasol. Theoretically.
    If they renounced every free agent and also traded some marginal players to in order to create cap room, they'd have enough to give him a lowball offer.

So "theoretically" yes but in reality, no.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I'd do this for both teams:

Melo/Dalembert/Shumpert for;

Love/Waiters/James Jones/Amundson

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

Why would the Knicks want Love and not Melo? Who is box office.

no thank you. WTF do we want Love for? We can't build around Love. I'm not sure we can build around Melo but you sure as hell can't build around Love. **** no. No no no.

If the Knicks wanted Love anyway, isn't the play to wait until the season plays out and hopes everything goes to shit and sign him? It's the Melo move, we could try to sign him, let's instead trade everything to get him NOW. It also screws up tanking for pick since soon Melo will sit for season.

NO NO NO NO NO
    Last edited by niko; 12-29-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    no thank you. WTF do we want Love for? We can't build around Love. I'm not sure we can build around Melo but you sure as hell can't build around Love. **** no. No no no.

If the Knicks wanted Love anyway, isn't the play to wait until the season plays out and hopes everything goes to shit and sign him? It's the Melo move, we could try to sign him, let's instead trade everything to get him NOW. It also screws up tanking for pick since soon Melo will sit for season.

NO NO NO NO NO
    Love is younger.

Melo is 4 years older than Love. That is extremely important imo. Considering I don't see any real difference between them as players...I'd go with the younger one 10 out of 10 times.

If you guys think Melo is demonstrably a better player or something...so be it. I just don't...like at all.

Also they'd get Waiters. Who is a decent trade piece if nothing else over the next 1.5 years.

Love is younger.

Melo is 4 years older than Love. That is extremely important imo. Considering I don't see any real difference between them as players...I'd go with the younger one 10 out of 10 times.

If you guys think Melo is demonstrably a better player or something...so be it. I just don't...like at all.

Also they'd get Waiters. Who is a decent trade piece if nothing else over the next 1.5 years.
    Love is Melo except he's even more a stat padder. He's literally had no success. He's also is a worse defender and gives less effort on defense. And i fully get what that sentence means. He's also a free agent and Melo is under contract.

This trade does what? **** up the tank, gives us nothing to build around, possibly loses Love at end of year. Why would the Knicks do that? It's not relevant if you don't like Melo, it doesn't make this any less a bad trade. The Knicks wouldn't do this trade. The Cavs would in a second. That should tell you something.

Love is Melo except he's even more a stat padder. He's literally had no success. He's also is a worse defender and gives less effort on defense. And i fully get what that sentence means. He's also a free agent and Melo is under contract.

This trade does what? **** up the tank, gives us nothing to build around, possibly loses Love at end of year. Why would the Knicks do that? It's not relevant if you don't like Melo, it doesn't make this any less a bad trade. The Knicks wouldn't do this trade. The Cavs would in a second. That should tell you something.
    Well, we have hugely different takes on Love. Melo does nothing for me over Love. In fact, I'd definitely rather have Love over the next 8 years and it's not remotely close.

Like I said...give me the guy just as good that is 4 years younger.

And where are you going with an aging Melo making the max? Just hate that player/team around him.

Well, we have hugely different takes on Love. Melo does nothing for me over Love. In fact, I'd definitely rather have Love over the next 8 years and it's not remotely close.

Like I said...give me the guy just as good that is 4 years younger.

And where are you going with an aging Melo making the max? Just hate that player/team around him.
    You can't trade Melo for Love who is a free agent after the year. It doesn't make sense. Why would he stay? And if he wanted NY we could literally just sign him, we have enough space.

The Knicks can't change directions twice a year. We can wait this year out, maybe get the #1 pick and a franchise center, and still have money to sign Love.

NBA lottery pick

Well their message board did strip him of his new nickname "The Menace".

I still maintain Kim Jong Un was more upset about this insult to Dennis Rodman than The Interview.

You can't trade Melo for Love who is a free agent after the year. It doesn't make sense. Why would he stay? And if he wanted NY we could literally just sign him, we have enough space.

The Knicks can't change directions twice a year. We can wait this year out, maybe get the #1 pick and a franchise center, and still have money to sign Love.
    You can because Love might not leave the Cavs. Stop acting like you can just for sure sign him. That isn't even the most likely scenario at all. Not to mention Melo and Love on the same team sounds like a terrible idea.

Considering I'd probably want to just cut Melo if possible. I don't see a huge downside to losing him for ultimately nothing if it allows me to clean house completely.

I'd bet you'd keep Love though.

What can't you change directions? There isn't some artificial rulebook. You can do anything you want. Melo is going to be 31 next year...he's not 26 anymore. He has like maybe 2 more prime years left after this year.

And again...Waiters is on a good contract right now and you could test run him...and if he works...great...if not...flip him for something like getting back all those picks you owe everyone starting in 2016.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 12-29-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Yes, because of the "if the Lakers want him, they will get him" arrogant mindset you Kobe fans have.

Them days are over, yo.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    in before lakers go another 3 peat in 5 years or less
    Ain't happening. David Stern is gone.