Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Wall

Default Re: John Wall

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Lillard, Lowry or Conley arent as turnover prone as Wall has been.
    Lowry and Conley take better care of the ball but they don't average so many ast as well. In Conley's case the ball doesn't stay so much in his hands. Lillard had 7 TO yesterday and 6 on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Lowry and Conley take better care of the ball but they don't average so many ast as well. In Conley's case the ball doesn't stay so much in his hands. Lillard had 7 TO yesterday and 6 on monday.

Turnover rate is based on number of touches per 100 possessions.

Wall 12.2
    Lillard 10
    Conley 8.9
    Lowry 8.0

Wall is the worst shooter among the top pgs and that probably wont change. But he can take better care of the ball. A lot of his turnovers are pretty careless.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Turnover rate is based on number of touches per 100 possessions.

Wall 12.2
    Lillard 10
    Conley 8.9
    Lowry 8.0

Wall is the worst shooter among the top pgs and that probably wont change. But he can take better care of the ball. A lot of his turnovers are pretty careless.
    Wall has always had turnover issues, but I feel like this season less of them have been careless as opposed to just overly aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Westbrook - obvious
    Lillard - Had his team overachieving for a year now.
    Curry - Not as pure as the others here but is a different type of threat
    Paul - Body of work is the most impressive - and still does more things better than the rest
    Wall - CP3's replacement soon enough

At the moment for me.
    Great list! I also agree with your statement on Wall too. Once Wall reaches his peak, I think he's gonna be a freak athletic version of Gary Payton. He's well on his way now, but I feel Wall has the potential to be a great versatile defender like Payton. GP at his best was a great passer, great scorer, and great defender capable of defending PG, SG, and many SF's. At 6'4, GP and Frazier own that.

Wall has the goods to be that! Wall sees the game in the floor general-dime droppin aspect that freak athletes like Westbrook and Rose don't see it in. Wall is pass first and dominate scoring second.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Great list! I also agree with your statement on Wall too. Once Wall reaches his peak, I think he's gonna be a freak athletic version of Gary Payton. He's well on his way now, but I feel Wall has the potential to be a great versatile defender like Payton. GP at his best was a great passer, great scorer, and great defender capable of defending PG, SG, and many SF's. At 6'4, GP and Frazier own that.

Wall has the goods to be that! Wall sees the game in the floor general-dime droppin aspect that freak athletes like Westbrook and Rose don't see it in. Wall is pass first and dominate scoring second.
    payton!
    he was getting burned by Aaron Brooks man.....

he doesn't that have that defense mentality or ability...

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    payton!

As Wall game EVOLVES he could be a freak athletic version of GP!!! I didn't say as of right now. And U ALSO HAVE TO KEEP IN MIND that the defensive rules have changed since Payton's days. U can't be as physical on the perimeter as u could back in the day. PLUS i NEVER SAID he would be as great of a defender as GP. But I DO FEEL Wall can develop into a great defender one day. And don't sleep on Brooks either! He's one of the top backup PG's in the L. Who put up 20 PPG in 2010. Brooks aint a scrub at all!

And Wall EASILY has the ability to be a great defender! 6'4 and 195 pounds plus he's a freakish athlete with long arms. And just like he's improved his passing and floor generalship, I think he can become a great defender. Many have ALREADY compared his potential peak to a Gary Payton!
    Last edited by bizil; 12-27-2014 at 07:31 PM.

1. Westbronk
    2. Paul
    3. Curry
    4. Lillard
    5. Wall
    6. Lowry

Lillard > Wall

Quote Originally Posted by pethuel03
    1. Westbronk
    2. Paul
    3. Curry
    4. Lillard
    5. Wall
    6. Lowry

Lillard > Wall

The first 3 spots are interchangable to me. Lillard has been very strong and clutch but doesn't get as much publicity playing in Portland.

Good list

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    payton!

ESPN'S advanced stats (RPM) have Wall as the best defensive PG in the league this season. I assume he will be All-NBA 1st team defense or 2nd team defense, that's a good start.

I said he'd be a poor man's Wade. And that's exactly how he plays. Weaker jumper and everything. He's really the most fierce in transition when he can utilize his incredible speed, or ability to change direction at top speeds.

With that said his man defense is very overrated. He racks up steals the same way Iverson did ... he's very active gambling in the passing lanes. It's not from locking someone up from getting by him, forcing them to pick up their dribble then stripping them.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    I said he'd be a poor man's Wade. And that's exactly how he plays. Weaker jumper and everything. He's really the most fierce in transition when he can utilize his incredible speed, or ability to change direction at top speeds.

With that said his man defense is very overrated. He racks up steals the same way Iverson did ... he's very active gambling in the passing lanes. It's not from locking someone up from getting by him, forcing them to pick up their dribble then stripping them.
    Opponents have only about a 15.6 PER against him, which is extremely good. All of the advanced stats show him to be a solid man to man defender. And he REALLY disrupted Chris Paul a few weeks ago head to head.

As far as the Wade comparison, they play nothing alike. Wade was a scorer who happened to be a good playmaker. Wall is a passer first, and a very limited scorer. Wall plays more like Jason Kidd.
    Last edited by Vman23; 12-27-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vman23
    Opponents have only about a 15.6 per against him. All of the advanced stats show him to be a solid man to man defender. And he REALLY disrupted Chris Paul a few weeks ago ahead to ahead.
    His on ball defense is overrtaed.

Defending point guards is a team job, he's fine. Great for his position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dLVhfE31-M

what a genuinely awesome guy

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    His on ball defense is overrtaed.
    I don't think anybody considers him a lock-down defender at this point. But he is above average.