Default Which NBA player hurt their legacy the most ?

Shaq , for being a journeyman in the last years of his carrer, Lebron for bailing on a team twice, Kobe for going after records in the final years of his career insted of playing team ball .........or is it a completely different player then those 3 ?

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Default Re: Which NBA player hurt their legacy the most ?

Shaq or Lebron

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

None of them to anyone not looking to hate. Nobody judges Shaq as a celtic...Shaq is Orlando/Laker shaq with a small scoop of Miami. Lebron....nobody rational thinks hurting feelings by where you choose to play is a larger detriment to a career than going to 4 straight finals and winning 2 with finals MVP and 2 nba MVPs is a positive...and Kobe? Hes a 5 time champion, MVP, and like a 17 time all star. Nobody is gonna really decide his ranking based on what he did at 36 with a team that wouldnt be great no matter who was on it. Jordan in place of Kobe...this isnt a good team. Its better...but it wouldnt be taken serious as a contender.

Its all just hater talk nobody will care about long term. A legacy is a grand scale thing we start looking at individual flakes of. We get all emotional and caught in the moment and start judging an apple tree by one or two shitty fruits one summer instead of the 150 great ones a year for 40 years.

When you have as much on the good side as guys on the level of a Shaq, Kobe, or Lebron you need a hell of a lot more on the bad side to tip the scales than the nonsense used against them by people who would just find something else to hate on if they didnt have it.

All of them are secure to every normal/half reasonable fan of sports.

Or MJ being a shell in his last two seasons? Or Kareem hanging around two years too long (and even in the year before those two, having a putrid post-season run in which he "won" a ring)? Or Hakeem being awful in his last three seasons? Or Baylor being worthless in his last three years, and having one of the worst Finals in NBA history in a season before those?

There is a long list of players who hung around too long.

legacy and hurting it

irony

Not airballing my layups anymore handbanana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    None of them to anyone not looking to hate. Nobody judges Shaq as a celtic...Shaq is Orlando/Laker shaq with a small scoop of Miami. Lebron....nobody rational thinks hurting feelings by where you choose to play is a larger detriment to a career than going to 4 straight finals and winning 2 with finals MVP and 2 nba MVPs...and Kobe? Hes a 5 time champion, MVP, and like a 17 time all star. Nobody is gonna really decide his ranking based on what he did at 36 with a team that wouldnt be great no matter who was on it. Jordan in place of Kobe...this isnt a good team. Its better...but it wouldnt be taken serious as a contender.

Its all just hater talk nobody will care about long term. A legacy is a grand scale thing we start looking at individual flakes of. We get all emotional and caught in the moment and start judging an apple tree by one or two shitty fruits one summer instead of the 150 great ones a year for 40 years.

When you have as much on the good side as guys on the level of a Shaq, Kobe, or Lebron you need a hell of a lot more on the bad side to tip the scales than the nonsense used against them by people who would just find something else to hate on if they didnt have it.

great post. wish there were more of this and less trolling here, but hey

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    None of them to anyone not looking to hate. Nobody judges Shaq as a celtic...Shaq is Orlando/Laker shaq with a small scoop of Miami. Lebron....nobody rational thinks hurting feelings by where you choose to play is a larger detriment to a career than going to 4 straight finals and winning 2 with finals MVP and 2 nba MVPs is a positive...and Kobe? Hes a 5 time champion, MVP, and like a 17 time all star. Nobody is gonna really decide his ranking based on what he did at 36 with a team that wouldnt be great no matter who was on it. Jordan in place of Kobe...this isnt a good team. Its better...but it wouldnt be taken serious as a contender.

I think you are wrong........Lebron is hated among many basketball fans, and Kobe is hated as well....even his own teammates clearly dislikes him........the way we look upon these two players have def. changed since last season........just look at the topics here on ISH

I think the LeBron thing is somewhat legit. I get leaving Cleveland the first time. His teams sucked and the FO wasn't doing anything for him.

But leaving Miami, who put good rosters around him, to "return home." That was bogus. He made out like he was doing it for the city when he clearly did it because Cleveland had more talent.

Shaq and Kobe both hurt their legacies by proving to be headcases. Neither are the perfect players to build a winning, professional franchise around, regardless of their talent.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    I think you are wrong........Lebron is hated among many basketball fans, and Kobe is hated as well....even his own teammates clearly dislikes him........the way we look upon these two players have def. changed since last season........just look at the topics here on ISH
    Lebron isnt even hated in Cleveland anymore. Lebron hate is pretty much fans of other superstars. Kobe....hes getting more laughs lately than usual. But the idea that its gonna linger throughout history?

No.

I dont look at a few current topics on ISH to judge a guy...in the eyes of history.

ISH is a bunch of people making topics to get attention and laughs.