Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: BREAKING: Kevin McHale and Houston Rockets agree to three-year contract extension

Can the basketball geniuses on ISH explain to me the ways in which McHale is a poor coach?

Default Re: BREAKING: Kevin McHale and Houston Rockets agree to three-year contract extension

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Can the basketball geniuses on ISH explain to me the ways in which McHale is a poor coach?
    Poor rotations. No plays out of time outs. Players aren't ready in crunch time. Relies too much on Harden ISOs. Just looks completely lost at times.

He was absolutely out coached in last years playoffs.

Took him three games before he stuck Asik on LMA to slow him down but by then he had already taken the Rockets soul.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Poor rotations. No plays out of time outs. Players aren't ready in crunch time. Relies too much on Harden ISOs. Just looks completely lost at times.

Took him three games before he stuck Asik on LMA to slow him down but by then he had already taken the Rockets soul.
    all this has improved this year. rotations weren't really poor either. you're just mad bcuz rin didn't play when you wanted him to. Houston all of last year played a tight rotation. He wasn't really outcoached as much as LMA went Godmode and Harden played like shit. In the 4th q Lin made tons of mistakes that lost them like 2 games, and his defensive coaching left a lot to be desired.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    all this has improved this year. rotations weren't really poor either. you're just mad bcuz rin didn't play when you wanted him to. Houston all of last year played a tight rotation.
    He's not as bad as Brooks but this reminds me of people always acting like Brooks is getting even a little bit better and then he always recedes into the same jackass coach come playoff time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    He's not as bad as Brooks but this reminds me of people always acting like Brooks is getting even a little bit better and then he always recedes into the same jackass coach come playoff time.
    not rlly at all tbh. brooks hasn't changed much at all.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe

Much like the way Westbrook isos get pinned on Scott Brooks, its impossible to know if McHale is actually calling for an iso or if Harden just doing whatever he wants, knowing he wont get benched. Coaches hands are often tied like that.

Some of what youre saying may be true, but I just think the fact Harden has no heart and Dwight has no maturity are much bigger factors in the Rockets' limitation than what McHale is doing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Much like the way Westbrook isos get pinned on Scott Brooks, its impossible to know if McHale is actually calling for an iso or if Harden just doing whatever he wants, knowing he wont get benched. Coaches hands are often tied like that.

Some of what youre saying may be true, but I just think the fact Harden has no heart and Dwight has no maturity are much bigger factors in the Rockets' limitation than what McHale is doing.
    well both are playing well at the moment so
    i don't think mchale is a good coach but he deserves credit for HOU's turnaround defensively. he might be growing as a coach who knows. imo he's too much of a player coach like brooks in OKC to really clamp down. players like dwight respond to coaches that are up their ass all the time like SVG

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    well both are playing well at the moment so
    i don't think mchale is a good coach but he deserves credit for HOU's turnaround defensively. he might be growing as a coach who knows. imo he's too much of a player coach like brooks in OKC to really clamp down. players like dwight respond to coaches that are up their ass all the time like SVG

They are playing quite well for the time being, tho Ill continue to have doubts about those two in the playoffs until proven otherwise.

Morey trying hard to destroy the Rockets

NBA Superstar

Josh smith guaranteed a starting spot over Terrence Jones when he gets back

Mchale on longterm
    Rockets

McHale will be fired hopefully if we do horrible in the playoffs. Why not do the extension after the playoffs. I am on suicide watch for real.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Lmao! That's exactly how I feel

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Lmao! That's exactly how I feel

The hell was Morey thinking

I am your soldier!