Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Default Re: So one game and Kobe is a huge minus?

Quote Originally Posted by strifed169
    With the rise of teams like the Warriors, Mavs, Hawks hopefully hero ball is a thing of the past, I'm so proud of what the Lakers did last night, they ****ing buried Kobe, what kind of excuses will he have to chuck now? people will have his head if he continues that shit
    Don't forget Wizards and Raptors.
    Last edited by Relinquish; 12-24-2014 at 11:01 AM.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    Does this surprise anyone? Kobe has had a negative value on teams for years. 2 years ago he didn't get them into the playoff picture by the time he got hurt, they had to win a couple of games after he got hurt to clinch a playoff birth..The most overrated player ever.

Scores a lot of points because he shoots a lot, but doesn't add much value to a team..I am amazed when people can't see that. Top 10 all time my ass.
    you and I agree about a whole lot of things and we agree about this too.

on the other hand, Kobe#8 is rapidly being erased from our memories.

Quote Originally Posted by stanlove1111
    Does this surprise anyone? Kobe has had a negative value on teams for years. 2 years ago he didn't get them into the playoff picture by the time he got hurt, they had to win a couple of games after he got hurt to clinch a playoff birth..The most overrated player ever.

Scores a lot of points because he shoots a lot, but doesn't add much value to a team..I am amazed when people can't see that. Top 10 all time my ass.
    Yep...after Kobe played 48 mpg for a stretch of about 10 games to get them that far.

Oh, and then how did LA do in that first round without Kobe?

They were swept, and by an average margin of nearly 20 ppg.

Top-10?

Kobe was the BEST player on the floor in the '01, '02, '04, and '08 playoff series H2H's with the Spurs.

Take Kobe away from the Lakers in '01 and '02, and Shaq is minus two rings.

Quote Originally Posted by strifed169
    With the rise of teams like the Warriors, Mavs, Hawks hopefully hero ball is a thing of the past, I'm so proud of what the Lakers did last night, they ****ing buried Kobe, what kind of excuses will he have to chuck now? people will have his head if he continues that shit
    they are all playing Spurs basketball, which is actually mid-60s Celtics basketball almost note for note.

gah.

Once again you can't get away from that @#% Red Aeurbach

I rule the local playground dontgetchoked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Take off those bean-tinted glasses son. Shot jacking to 25 ppg on 37% - Kobe has demonstrably been a minus all season.
    This. Last nights game wasn't even necessary. If you watch laker games, you can tell that kobe has been holding his teammates down. He wants to take every shot. Its really sad to watch, because kobe is a great player. He still can be if he improves his shot selection and trust his teammates, but he seems to want all the glory for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by dontgetchoked
    This. Last nights game wasn't even necessary. If you watch laker games, you can tell that kobe has been holding his teammates down. He wants to take every shot. Its really sad to watch, because kobe was a great player. He still can be if he improves his shot selection and trust his teammates, but he seems to want all the glory for himself.
    fixed that for you.

now he's a carmelo anthony which blows away in the wind like dust motes as soon as the door closes behind them

Banned

Lazerrus getting shit on HARD. I am kekking so much at home atm.

he didn't clothline his coach

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    It's obvious from both your post history and your frustration over this single game victory that you absolutely hate team ball, dude. We've read hundreds of posts from you yapping about how Wilt dominates the record books, yet he only has 2 championships to show for it. And why is that? Because he was a black hole just like the guy you've been defending all damn night is.

There's this thing called practice and team chemistry that helps teams improve, something that can't be done if your main star player not only not practices, but does bone headed sh!t all game and costs your team victories. Even the friggin Laker crowd was cheering, as if breathing a sigh of relief to finally see some fundamental ball being played again in LA, just like the "olden days" of '87.

A recap of the game for those wondering what team ball looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYMO6PnarqQ
    Chamberlain was a whole lot more than that, dude. He played at the very highest level that I ever saw. Granted Lazer is into stats and all that.

but #13 was the real deal top to bottom, always played to win and definitely definitely played team ball. definitely.

dont go there bro

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    Lazerrus getting shit on HARD. I am kekking so much at home atm.
    Let's get something straight here.

No one has bashed Kobe more here, for his play in his Finals, than me.

Having said that, we now have complete IDIOTS claiming that he is not a Top-10 player.

I have news for you...in the vast majority of the Spurs-LA playoff series H2Hs, Kobe was the BEST player on the floor. Think about that...Shaq, Duncan, Robinson, Manu, and Parker...and it was KOBE who was clearly the most dominant player on the floor.

He has FIVE rings, and if you include all of the playoff series, he was NOT a side-kick. True, Shaq carried them in the "three-peat" Finals, but as I said earlier, he doesn't get to thru the WCF's without Kobe.

As for the current Kobe...who cares. Only completely delusional fans believe that this Laker team is a good team without him.

Take a close look at the careers of the players on this Laker team. There is not ONE good player on the roster. Not ONE. This is a team of rejects...period.

To be honest, I would love nothing more than for Kobe to sit out the next 20 games. I seriously doubt that the Lakers would win more than five of them.

This is a 25 win team with, or without Kobe, and one game is not going to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Even more remarkable...

There is not ONE single player on the Laker roster that would make the Warriors roster...
    this is so ****ing stupid

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    this is so ****ing stupid
    Not ONE.

Banned

No wonder Lazerrus liked Wilt so much. He loves players that were carried to championships lmao. 18ppg finals average

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

He's been a "huge minus" since 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariza4three
    No wonder Lazerrus liked Wilt so much. He loves players that were carried to championships lmao. 18ppg finals average
    This is completely off topic...but I will play...

Chamberlain won a FMVP averaging 19 ppg, and would have won a unanimous FMVP in another in which he averaged 18 ppg. In fact, he was by FAR the best player on the floor in those two Finals, and was also the best player on the floor in two more of them ('64 and '70.)

Of course we all know that he could have scored FAR more if he had wanted to. But, of course, only idiots like yourself claim that scoring is the most important aspect of the game. Those who actually saw the KAJ-Wilt playoff series H2H's would tell you that it was WILT who was the better player in them.