Local High School Star

Default Where does current Duncan rank in the NBA?

So far this season he has easily been the spurs best player... while parker and leonard have been injured he has been balling for the spurs.. Where does this 38 year old rank currently in the NBA?

currently he is 15th in PER in the entire league
    currently he is 3rd in RPM in the entire league

Per 36 he ranks

37th in scoring
    3rd in blocks
    5th in rebounds
    6th in efficiency

he is an absolute beast....

Is he still a borderline top 15 player in the league at this age?? I think he is around that mark... its incredible..

Now I also want to ask.. how long does Duncan have to play at this level to be GOAT In terms of longetivity?? He must be getting close now.. maybe 1-2 more years....

And in terms of Defensive longetivity... Is he already the GOAT here? I cant think of any player that has been as good defensively as Duncan has.. for so long.. he is the GOAT for defensive longetivity?? must be dam close

Duncan you are a NBA IMMORTAL!!!

Default Re: Where does current Duncan rank in the NBA?

Crazy how underrated he is. People have been trying to force Parker into the best player on the Spurs conversation for years, but IMO Duncan is still and always has been the engine for that team on both ends.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Definetly rank him top 15-20

alot of good players this year but when were discussing impact i might say hes close to top 10

Top 14-17 range sounds about right. Usually people say it's impossible to be that high because he doesn't play that many minutes, but I'm pretty sure he averages like 1 less MPG than Curry.

If he isn't All-Defensive First Team this year (assuming Bogut misses a lot of games).
    Last edited by T_L_P; 12-23-2014 at 01:05 PM.

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Top 14-17 range sounds about right. Usually people say it's impossible to be that high because he doesn't play that many minutes, but I'm pretty sure he averages like 1 less MPG than Curry.

If he isn't All-Defensive First Team this year (assuming Bogut misses a lot of games).
    Agree with this. During the playoffs he might even be a borderline top 10 player. Dude just plays such great/smart defense and really makes it easier for everyone else.