Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So the Hornets win 3 straight without Lance...

I'm especially interested in the opinions of those who actually follow the Hornets. Is this sheerly an example of coincidence or is this team better off without Lance? They've been terribly underachieving all year and finally seem to have gained a little rythem amid his absence.

Default Re: So the Hornets win 3 straight without Lance...

He might get released by Charlotte.

Where did you hear that? Wouldn't they be better off trying to shop him? You think he's immovable like Smoove?

Put him on a team with Josh Smith and Rudy Gay. FunFunFun.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Where did you hear that? Wouldn't they be better off trying to shop him? You think he's immovable like Smoove?
    Who wants him?

Tanking teams dont want to pay 12m or whatever he gets, contending teams probably dont have the cap space and arent willing to move any pieces, and mid level teams dont want him to ruin whatever semblance of team chemistry they have.

Chalk me down as one of those who thought Lance would push the Hornets over the edge into contention in the East. Dude is a loose cannon, a terrible teammate, and pretty limited skill wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    They're having a hard time trading him.
    Next year is guaranteed, but third year is team option.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Put him on a team with Josh Smith and Rudy Gay. FunFunFun.
    Carl Landry and Ramon Sessions for Stephenson.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    They're having a hard time trading him.
    Next year is guaranteed, but third year is team option.

This. He's got talent but he doesn't fit well with Al and Kemba and he's already causing havoc in the locker room. His current injury is a Godsend. Ball movement and spacing is much better. The Hornets are also benefitting from an easier schedule than they had in November.

It looks like the Hornets are stuck with him at least until the trade deadline when another team might be willing to take a chance. The best hope for the team is for Lance to be the 6th man, leader of the 2nd unit, where he has worked well with Biz in particular. The challenge is in convincing Lance that that's what his role should be coming back from injury. Worst case is he balks at coming off the bench and continues to be a locker room cancer.

LeBron fan since 1988 AceManIII's Avatar

Damn you Gordon Hayward

What about moving him as a sixth man?

Quote Originally Posted by AceManIII
    Damn you Gordon Hayward

Yeah, I think after Utah matched the offer the front office panicked a little bit and went after Lance. It should have been a red flag that the only teams offering him a decent contract were the Hornets and Pacers.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Who wants him?

Tanking teams dont want to pay 12m or whatever he gets, contending teams probably dont have the cap space and arent willing to move any pieces, and mid level teams dont want him to ruin whatever semblance of team chemistry they have.

Chalk me down as one of those who thought Lance would push the Hornets over the edge into contention in the East. Dude is a loose cannon, a terrible teammate, and pretty limited skill wise.
    I think a lot of people felt that way about it. To me I just saw him as a guy who you wouldn't want on your team. He's not a great shooter, he's ball dominant and he just does so many stupid things. Not to mention choking his girl or kicking her down the stairs or whatever the hell he did. He's just a moron and Indy kinda kept him in check but you could tell his time there was coming to an end. His dumb antics in the playoffs were just too dumb to believe. I don't think he'll get much of a contract after this one is up.

I know Charlotte has dealt with injuries this year but it's incredible to see the negative impact a player can have on a locker room/team.

As a fan of a bad team, I am intrigued about bringing him here except that he is from here. The distractions he would have here are ridiculous. I told you guys he is a better version of JR Smith, does more, doesn't shoot as many 3s. Unfortunately the Knicks already have a JR, they don't need another one. At least his teammates seem to love him, unlike with Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    I know Charlotte has dealt with injuries this year but it's incredible to see the negative impact a player can have on a locker room/team.

It is kinda mind boggling that professional athletes can behave like that but it happens. Just look at the Pistons. They'd rather lose money and get nothing in return than have to put up with Josh Smith one more day.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Have a feeling he'd be traded for Isaiah Thomas or Dragic, and the Suns play him at the 3