Quote Originally Posted by creepingdeath
Take Ellis' d*ck out of your mouth for once. Total non-factor on both ends of the floor, horrible shooting, awful, lazy turnovers, and pushing his scoring average with garbage points in the 4th. According to you, he's the MVP and best player of the Mavs, so how about getting some share of the blame?

That being said, Dirk's body language was disgusting last night, and he, too, had his share of unnecessary turnovers. Parsons was also anemic, but since he rarely handled the ball, shot very little, and at least hustled on the defensive end, he doesn't hurt the team as much as, say, our main ball handler...
At some point...and it might be right now with this team...we have to accept the fact that Dirk is no longer what he was even the last couple years. Especially on this team with so many offensive guys that want the ball in their hands. Dirk is now officially old. Doesn't mean he isn't good, but just means you are going to see a lot more nights like this where he looks out of it. His defense/rebounding has dropped off considerably and he's in a shooting slump. He'll get out of the slump, but Parsons, Ellis, and Rondo need to be the main aggressors with Dirk feasting on action off them. Ellis has done a good job of that so far this year, but Parsons hasn't.

Also, with Ellis, if he is now the leader/best player of this team...it comes with a heavy burden. You can't have games where he makes no impact until the game is already decided or...well...the game will already be decided.

We paid Parsons the max and he's not impacting the games like close to that. Some of it is his fault...some of it is the nature of our team...but this is why I said I wanted Ariza and filler. We don't need Parsons. We need a sharpshooting 3 and D guy that doesn't need the ball to have an impact. Especially now that we have Rondo.

People will blame Rondo is this Mavs team falls apart, but it was already on the verge of that. We have been terrible against good teams and had run up and inflated record going 12-2 against the East.

I do think with Rondo this team has an upside we didn't have before the trade, but winning games in the regular season is now going to be harder because our offense will take time and might not ever reach the levels it was previously. But that is a regular season fool's gold type thing...we'll be more dangerous in the playoffs with this current team if we make it.

Need to add another big obviously...and I'd like to see Aminu play more.