Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Does Josh Smith want a ring? and if he does... Where does HE want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    From what we saw in Melo, it is not realistic to overestimate NBA players' desire to win a ring, unless they are very near retirement and cannot earn big contract anyway.
    Nagga will get paid by Detroit anyway, no reason not to take the minimum and go for a ring.

I's like to see him back home in Atlanta, though. Nice insurance in case one of their bigs go down, which happens often.

Default Re: Does Josh Smith want a ring? and if he does... Where does HE want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I hated Josh as much as anyone in his last days in Atlanta, but this is a load of bull.

He is can still be very good player. He just needs some good coaching. Something he's never had at ANY stage of his career.

Get him out of the mindset that he's anything other than a pure 4. He can bang inside with any 4 in the league. He should not pretend to be a stretch 4, much less a SF.

He can still drive to the basket, he can still play defense. Do not let him shoot 3's and drive it into this skull that he needs to make an impact defensively like he did a couple years ago.

In the right system he could make a HUGE difference for a team hoping to make a deep playoff run.

There was one season in the hawks where he played exclusively like a 4 and took less than 10 threes all year. Arguably his best season. But enough shooters around him and he won't even have space to stay in the 3pt line. Who's the idiot who plays him on the 3 and expect him not to take jumpshots?

I don't know if Houston fits though. Him and Dwight be missing all those FT's at cruch time.