Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Default Raptors at bulls 8est

Let's go bulls

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Raptors at bulls 8est

Raptors in 4.

Game Preview: http://mi.nba.com/preview/#!/0021400410

The red-hot*Toronto Raptors*have the best record in the Eastern Conference and are on pace to be the best team in franchise history, but they've enjoyed much of their early success at home.

They're about to see just how well they can handle a lengthy and challenging road trip.

Prior to heading out west, the Raptors look for a bit of revenge against one of the few teams to beat them north of the border as they kick off their trip Monday night against the*Chicago Bulls.

The Raptors (22-6) have won 20 games before Christmas for the first time in team history, are primed to blow past last season's franchise-best 48-win mark and on Monday can win their seventh in a row -- which would stand as Toronto's longest win streak since a nine-game run late in the 2001-02 season.

Any impending success, however, will have to take place on the road. The Raptors' stop in Chicago marks the start of a season-high six-game trip after they've played an NBA-high 17 home games so far.

"I'm ready for it," coach Dwane Casey told the team's official website. "I've been preaching it, and we should be ready for it. Everyone is all excited."

The Bulls (17-9) are the first of four opponents on this trip with a winning percentage of at least .654. Each of the Raptors' victories during this streak has come against teams with sub-.500 records, including a 118-108 win over New York on Sunday.

"It's important that we play good teams because it's really going to test our character," said*Greivis Vasquez, who scored 21 points and joined*Kyle Lowry*and Lou Williams (22 each) with 20-plus. "We haven't really faced adversity and everything right now is great, but I think we're ready for a couple of premium tests."

Even without*DeMar DeRozan*since Nov. 30, the Raptors have managed to lead the NBA in points per 100 possessions (113.1) in December.

Chicago managed to disrupt Toronto's offense at the Air Canada Centre on Nov. 13, holding the Raptors to a season-worst 39.3 percent mark from the field in a 100-93 win.*Pau Gasol*led the way with 27 points and 11 rebounds while*Jimmy Butler*added 21 points, nine boards and six assists.

The Bulls are 13-2 when they hold opponents to fewer than 100 points -- a feat they've accomplished in each of their last four games, most recently in a 103-97 win at Memphis on Friday.

After scoring a career-high 35 in a victory over New York on Thursday, Butler followed it with 31 and 10 rebounds against the Grizzlies.

"Jimmy, every time that game was hanging in the balance he came through with a big play for us," coach Tom Thibodeau told the Bulls' official website. "Clutch play after clutch play. Great defense. No possessions off. Plays were great. Intensity was great. Great concentration. You can't say enough about what he does. Huge, huge."

Butler helped the Bulls get by Friday without*Derrick Rose*and*Taj Gibson, both of whom are expected to return Monday. Rose, who had 13 second-half points in the first meeting with Toronto, has missed the last two games with an illness, while Gibson sat out both with a right ankle injury.

The Bulls have lost their last three home games against the Raptors -- all without Rose -- while being held to an average of 84.7 points.

Jimmy Butler will give us fits tonight, I am almost sure of it.

I hope we remember what happened the last time we played each other. Hopefully we come to play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    Jimmy Butler will give us fits tonight, I am almost sure of it.

I hope we remember what happened the last time we played each other. Hopefully we come to play tonight.
    I'm not as worried about Butler; it's Chicago's big men that will give us the most trouble, IMO.

Bulls gonna win by 7 or more

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I'm not as worried about Butler; it's Chicago's big men that will give us the most trouble, IMO.
    In the last game, I agree, that was the case. But if you look at that game closely, that was one of the few games you could honestly say our frontcourt got out worked. Not a difference in talent, just not enough effort/playing too tentatively.

Jimmy Butler was a wrecking ball on defense against us last time, and without DeRozan, he might be able to focus more on his own game on the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    .... big men that will give us the most trouble, IMO.
    this.

look for d rose to pu up 25 +, if he plays.

gasol went off last game. cant let that shit happen again

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Casey needs to trust Val tonight, we'll need him.

If the Raptors don't play their worst game of the season like last time, they can get this one.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Butler going off.

Ross showing horrible defensive awareness early.

Quote Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
    Butler going off.
    I really hope you just jinxed him.