Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: True or false: Dwyane Wade is still a top 10 player

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Imagine a LeBron/Howard combo
    If the 2011 Heat was Wade/Bosh/Howard they would undoubtedly have won a title in 11. So, extending the logic, Howard>Bron in 2011?

Imagine a LeBron/Howard combo
    Still doesn't mean that he was better than Wade in '13. Neither was Parker, Curry, or Gasol. Also, you said Wade was not a top 10 player "and it isn't that close". Wade was arguably better than all those players. People were calling him a top 5 player in the league before the Playoffs.

LeBron stans...

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Still doesn't mean that he was better than Wade in '13. Neither was Parker, Curry, or Gasol.

LeBron stans...
    I don't understand why they can't give Dwyane Wade credit, without him Lebron would have zero rings right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Howard>Bron in 2011?

I guess I see the argument for Wade over Curry/Gasol in the regular season, but these guys were alot better in the playoffs... Difference maker for me. And LeBron/Howard would probably finish the Pacers in 5.

Not even hating, dawwwwggg.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

I guess I see the argument for Wade over Curry/Gasol in the regular season, but these guys were alot better in the playoffs... Difference maker for me. And LeBron/Howard would probably finish the Pacers in 5.

Not even hating, dawwwwggg.
    Lebron with Dwight ends up with same ring count as Lebron and Wade...

Quote Originally Posted by VengefulAngel
    Lebron with Dwight ends up with same ring count as Lebron and Wade...
    Possibly, although, no, they win in 2011... They would compliment themselves twice as good. Howard at his peak that year... 23/14 on 60% with DPOTY defense... showed a variety of post moves, too. Gets glossed over alot.

Also, winning doesn't equal the best way it could have possibly been done... They erase alot of errors with Howard over Wade. More positives than negatives added. Quite scary to imagine that tandem.

NBA All-star

Before any game starts, and before the opposing players take away his ability.

Sure

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    If the 2011 Heat was Wade/Bosh/Howard they would undoubtedly have won a title in 11. So, extending the logic, Howard>Bron in 2011?
    Yea.

Wade's decline has been overblown when talking about when it happened.

People act like he has been a scrub since 2011. Just not true.

He was absolutely an elite player in 2012...and like you said...the regular season in 13.

Wade's decline started in the 13 playoffs. That was his real first sign of not being elite anymore.

Still very good...and plays hard...and plays DEFENSE!

I know I'm a big Wade guy, but what everyone seems to ignore is that he actually has worked his ass of on defense. I haven't seen enough this year to say that, but during the Heatles run...he was a beast defensively and doesn't get near enough credit for that.

Wade's drapm last year was 2.1. For comparison sake...Kobe's in 13 was -1.2.

As for the OP...of course not. He's too inconsistent and doesn't play enough to be considered a top 10 player.

Given Wade's insane 3-game stretch in the 2012 ECSF plus a solid finals series, I can see him putting up similar numbers as 2011 on his own team. His last prime / elite year. Top 10 player.

Simply allowed to coast at times with LeBron on his team.

He's producing like a top 10 player, but he's missed 8 games this season, so unless he finishes the year with around 65 games, then no.

About 10-15 Range.

23\6\4\1\1 on 52% FG 43% 3PT in 33 MPG is crazy production for someone who is "done"

Per 36 he's at 24\6\5 which is his career #s

Given Wade's insane 3-game stretch in the 2012 ECSF plus a solid finals series, I can see him putting up similar numbers as 2011 on his own team. His last prime / elite year. Top 10 player.

Simply allowed to coast at times with LeBron on his team.
    Top 5 player, tbvh. Top 3 defending on how much weight you put on Playoff performance.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    Before any game starts, and before the opposing players take away his ability.

Sure
    The opposing players aren't doing a very good job because when the games start he's putting up elite numbers. His durability is the only thing preventing him from being a top 10 player. When he's on the court he's easily one of the 10 most productive players in the league.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

I'm not one to believe that Wade is the 2nd best player on the floor on game day to 10 other players in the league. He's not top 10 only due to overall production.

Due to durability issues than I gotta say no. D Wade isn't at that G Hill or TMac stage where he isn't capable of dominating a game at an All Star level. But his body has to be monitored so much. In a weird way, its kind of like Bird's days with his bad back. In Bird's last year, he average 20.2 points, 6.8 dimes, and 9.6 rebounds. But he ONLY played 45 games in the regular season. The season before Bird played 60 games and averaged 19.4 points, 7.2 dimes, and 8.5 boards in 60 regular season games.

So when Bird could play, he was still a top 5 SF or PF. But his durability stopped him from being the best SF. I think Wade is at that point. He's only 32 so hopefully he can at least be a 20-5-5 guy for the next four years. I would rather see that than a T-Mac situation.