Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    kobetard

Default Re: Do the Lakers not see the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman

Seriously he may have some sort of mental disability, he must or just doesn't give a fvck, I just can't understand why he'd play like this? Honestly is this even real? Think about how this will end, it could get really, really, ugly, and that would just be sad. Shit it already is sad. I'm done.

If Kobe pays attention to basketball related media or social media at all, I expect him to change his game as the season goes on, though he shouldn't need the media to realize there needs to be a change. It kills me that people want him to retire because he still has the capability to be an all star level player ala dirk, Duncan, Wade, etc. He's just so damn stubborn.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Wow. I used to bash Kobe all the time because I hated the way he played at times, then I started to have a respect for him and his talent. This year, I sort of stuck up for him initially, but this is just pathetic. The guy might as well hang em up if he's not going to play the game the right way, because what he's doing out there right now, that is disgraceful, especially for a player of his caliber.

The commentators, everyone, its just awkward, but even they concede its sad to watch him play this way. I can't believe the the team and coaches go along with this.
    This is as close to a real life "emperor's new clothes" scenario as I've ever seen. Everyone can see exactly what the problem is, but nobody wants to be the guy to speak out because you'll get your head chopped off.

Local High School Star strifed169's Avatar

I forgot to mention, commentators of the opposing team, can't say I've heard Stu Lantz and that other guy say a word about Kobe.

The Kings broadcast called it how it was late in the 4th when Kobe was trying to play heroball and kept turning it over, they called it depressing, and those guys always respected Kobe but they keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    How many more games are they going to lose with Kobe taking the same damn pull up 20-footer 3-4 times in a row every damn 4th quarter when the other team is on a run

It's like they are doing this shit on purpose to lose games, which seems blasphemous to me. I mean, doesn't Kobe see this for himself? It's not like he's done this once, or twice, or three times this season, he's doing it every damn game and it's becoming less effective by the game, as everyone knows he's gonna go for it and he just got his shit stuffed

30 FGA, 6 FTA for 25 points

Young had 26 on 14 FGA

After starting off 4/5 in the 2nd half, he went 1/12 the rest of the way
    His legacy is set, I'm ok with losing every game left in the season. I WANT our top 5 pick back, and I want it badly. We are setting our rebuild back years by not trying to be bad this one time we have the opportunity to acquire talent in an otherwise irrelevant season regardless. Pairing Julius Randle with whomever in the top 5 pick would be stellar, be a PG or Center.

The Emperor's New Clothes.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    His legacy is set, I'm ok with losing every game left in the season. I WANT our top 5 pick back, and I want it badly. We are setting our rebuild back years by not trying to be bad this one time we have the opportunity to acquire talent in an otherwise irrelevant season regardless. Pairing Julius Randle with whomever in the top 5 pick would be stellar, be a PG or Center.
    Kobe is actually getting exposed that he has never been a true championship type of player like all the other greats he has been comparing to. The more we are seeing how he plays now, more ppl will realize that Kobe is just a luckier version of AI or Tmac or VC. The only difference between him and his peers was that he got carried by Shaq/Pau/Stern and Lakers' franchise!

Top 15-20 when it's all said and done. Before you brought up he's #3 on the scoring list, I don't see nobody saying Karl Malone is top 20 player, and Kobe still has a long way to go to catch him up. Malone has more MVPs than Kobe does.
    Last edited by Shih508; 12-22-2014 at 02:59 AM.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

If the Lakers could somehow in the next season or so get a legit numbers #1 option and Kobe accepts being the #2 option he could still be a productive player in terms of helping you get wins. But honestly watching him as the number one option is like watching Rudy Gay as a number 1 option which only results in failure and frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    If the Lakers could somehow in the next season or so get a legit numbers #1 option and Kobe accepts being the #2 option he could still be a productive player in terms of helping you get wins. But honestly watching him as the number one option is like watching Rudy Gay as a number 1 option which only results in failure and frustration.

Even his stans has had enough!

He's like a man posessed out there, he just can't help himself. Those mid range bricks are like a drug to him. He only trusts Kobe and cannot see his own fault. And everyone knows this. It's sad to see from one of the most influential players since 2000....

Media should confront him because it's not acceptable from a guy his caliber, but as some said, it's the emperor's new clothes...

NBA All-star

they probably just don't see any up and coming young players

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Kobe has more missed mid-range fga than 12 nba teams.

Lakers want to lose. Kobe is helping the franchise achieve that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Lakers want to lose. Kobe is helping the franchise achieve that goal.
    I'm curious to if Kobe knows this

Quote Originally Posted by Shih508
    Kobe is actually getting exposed that he has never been a true championship type of player like all the other greats he has been comparing to. The more we are seeing how he plays now, more ppl will realize that Kobe is just a luckier version of AI or Tmac or VC. The only difference between him and his peers was that he got carried by Shaq/Pau/Stern and Lakers' franchise!

Top 15-20 when it's all said and done. Before you brought up he's #3 on the scoring list, I don't see nobody saying Karl Malone is top 20 player, and Kobe still has a long way to go to catch him up. Malone has more MVPs than Kobe does.
    Truth be told, although I'm a Lakers fan, I'm not one of those sentimental guys who really cares where Kobe ends up in the ranking department, or any other players for that matter. He's probably on the higher end of top 10, but it's not important to me for him to be universally accepted as top 10. Magic, Kareem, Wilt, and Shaq would be who I would be arguing for higher rankings if it was important to me. I don't depreciate Kobe or any of the past Lakers players, legends or otherwise, for what they have done for the organization, but when it comes down to it, I'm a fan of the brand, not the player. The Lakers team is more important to me than the Lakers player. The Lakers could win a championship with Smush Parker as the best player, and I would be just as happy if it happened with Kobe or Shaq or Magic. I'm sure that's an antiquated point of view, but that's just how I see it. Catching and surpassing the Celtics in championship total is more relevant to me than how many championships Kobe has. 5 isn't the magic number (puns are fun), 18 is.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

it looked so good when the season started: Lakers tank while not losing that much in ratings with Kobe gunning for scoring records. not a bad plan.
    Last edited by j3lademaster; 12-22-2014 at 03:49 AM.