Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Do the Lakers not see the problem?

How many more games are they going to lose with Kobe taking the same damn pull up 20-footer 3-4 times in a row every damn 4th quarter when the other team is on a run

It's like they are doing this shit on purpose to lose games, which seems blasphemous to me. I mean, doesn't Kobe see this for himself? It's not like he's done this once, or twice, or three times this season, he's doing it every damn game and it's becoming less effective by the game, as everyone knows he's gonna go for it and he just got his shit stuffed

30 FGA, 6 FTA for 25 points

Young had 26 on 14 FGA

After starting off 4/5 in the 2nd half, he went 1/12 the rest of the way
    Last edited by ImKobe; 12-21-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Default Re: Do the Lakers not see the problem?

well yeah kobe is kinda making it hard for us these past games, getittogetherbe

He's too alpha for his own good right noe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    well yeah kobe is kinda making it hard for us these past games, getittogetherbe

He's too alpha for his own good right noe
    One knows is bad when jabbar says stuff like this.

Sad period for laker/mamba fans all around

National High School Star

Wow. I used to bash Kobe all the time because I hated the way he played at times, then I started to have a respect for him and his talent. This year, I sort of stuck up for him initially, but this is just pathetic. The guy might as well hang em up if he's not going to play the game the right way, because what he's doing out there right now, that is disgraceful, especially for a player of his caliber.

The commentators, everyone, its just awkward, but even they concede its sad to watch him play this way. I can't believe the the team and coaches go along with this.

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    Wow. I used to bash Kobe all the time because I hated the way he played at times, then I started to have a respect for him and his talent. This year, I sort of stuck up for him initially, but this is just pathetic. The guy might as well hang em up if he's not going to play the game the right way, because what he's doing out there right now, that is disgraceful, especially for a player of his caliber.

The commentators, everyone, its just awkward, but even they concede its sad to watch him play this way. I can't believe the the team and coaches go along with this.
    Laker commentators are completely ignoring it, ZERO criticism of Kobe, they'll just pull up a couple highlights of his makes and blame it on the defense as usual...

There's no way in hell he should be taking 17 damn shots in one half when he can't even make 1 out of every 3 shots god damn it. Lakers were up for most of the 2nd half and his shot was off, and he decided to keep chucking long 2s when Young was on fire...zero ball movement, zero team offense

I don't get how they can continue to do this bullshit, it's not great to watch. Him going hot every 4-5 games is not going to please me as a fan. I'm at the point where I might not even tune in to watch him play anymore. This is garbage.

I rule the local playground dubnation's Avatar

Dude only shot 50% in a game ONE time this season... Forget the 4th quarter stats... It's sad, but Byron Scott definitely doesn't seem to have any intention of dealing with the elephant in the room.

He is struggling but we have no inside scorers, outside shooters or more than 2 guys who can get their own shot.

I feel Young should start. That will take the pressure off Kobe to score

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    He is struggling but we have no inside scorers, outside shooters or more than 2 guys who can get their own shot.

That would hurt the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Laker commentators are completely ignoring it, ZERO criticism of Kobe, they'll just pull up a couple highlights of his makes and blame it on the defense as usual...

There's no way in hell he should be taking 17 damn shots in one half when he can't even make 1 out of every 3 shots god damn it. Lakers were up for most of the 2nd half and his shot was off, and he decided to keep chucking long 2s when Young was on fire...zero ball movement, zero team offense

I don't get how they can continue to do this bullshit, it's not great to watch. Him going hot every 4-5 games is not going to please me as a fan. I'm at the point where I might not even tune in to watch him play anymore. This is garbage.
    I forgot to mention, commentators of the opposing team, can't say I've heard Stu Lantz and that other guy say a word about Kobe.

I don't even know what the big deal was of taking all the time choosing which coach to hire, does it really matter? What is Byron Scott doing for the team? He might as well not even be there, look at the way the team is playing. Holy shit.

As for the long 2's, I just saw a video today saying Kobe has taken 95 contested long range 2's this year - that's more than 12 teams have taken - yes he's shot more of those shots than 12 WHOLE teams this year.

Seriously he may have some sort of mental disability, he must or just doesn't give a fvck, I just can't understand why he'd play like this? Honestly is this even real? Think about how this will end, it could get really, really, ugly, and that would just be sad. Shit it already is sad. I'm done.

No. He's best off the bench. He's getting 30 minutes a night and is out there with Kobe, but it's not enough because when he plays alongside Kobe, he hardly gets to do what he was born to do, which is score the ball. He really doesn't bring anything else to the team unless Kobe gives the ball up, I'm sick of watching him go 1 on 5 at this point.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 12-21-2014 at 09:54 PM.

The King's commentator made a good point tonight - all his teammates are in the NBA. He doesn't need to dribble the ball up the court and take a contested double teamed 3 with 18 seconds on the shot clock. Move the ball.

As for the long 2's, I just saw a video today saying Kobe has taken 95 contested long range 2's this year - that's more than 12 teams have taken - yes he's shot more of those shots than 12 WHOLE teams this yea
    That's a BS stat by someone with an agenda. Why not compare the long 2s this year to the same point in any other season? Kobe is taking the same shots he's always taken. Difference now is, he is missing a lot of them

No. He's best off the bench. He's getting 30 minutes a night and is out there with Kobe, but it's not enough because when he plays alongside Kobe, he hardly gets to do what he was born to do, which is score the ball. He really doesn't bring anything else to the team unless Kobe gives the ball up, I'm sick of watching him go 1 on 5 at this point.
    Kobe would shoot less playing with Young. Also, he's not going one of 5. He is just missing shots and getting turnovers trying to play PG. The lack of talent on this roster is not helping Kobe at all...

That's a BS stat by someone with an agenda. Why not compare the long 2s this year to the same point in any other season? Kobe is taking the same shots he's always taken. Difference now is, he is missing a lot of them
    Really? because he took like 5 contested mid-range jumpers alone in the 4th quarter of this game, that 95 number was probably like 15-20 games into the season, it might even be worse.

It's not a bs stat, how about roll up basketball reference and check his clutch stats? I guess the stat keepers have an agenda as well?

Really? because he took like 5 contested mid-range jumpers alone in the 4th quarter of this game, that 95 number was probably like 15-20 games into the season, it might even be worse.

It's not a bs stat, how about roll up basketball reference and check his clutch stats? I guess the stat keepers have an agenda as well?
    The BS is comparing Kobe's contested mid-range jumpers to what other teams are doing this year. To tell if this is really anything to write home about, compare it to what Kobe has done throughout his career. I will bet you there is no difference.

Kobe is not shooting well but it's not because he's going 1on5 or breaking the offense...

The BS is comparing Kobe's contested mid-range jumpers to what other teams are doing this year. To tell if this is really anything to write home about, compare it to what Kobe has done throughout his career. I will bet you there is no difference.

Kobe is not shooting well but it's not because he's going 1on5 or breaking the offense...
    the stat is really not surprising to me, since today's NBA is more about shooting 3s and avoiding contested mid-range jumpers...Kobe takes the most by far in the league...that alone is a problem, he doesn't even look for his teammates in most cases, that's the issue here bro. Stop trying to blame others and look at how he just ran up court and pulled up for a brick 5 times in a row

unfortunately, Kobe is making himself a prime example of how not to play basketball.

When he's hot, these kind of shots are justified, but if you're barely hanging on to shooting 37% for the season, you're going to get criticized.