Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the WHITE side

Arrow The Jazz need to trade Kanter and start Rudy Goober

Dude is going to be a dominant force in the league. In his limited minutes, he's producing like crazy. About 2 BPG in only 18 MPG.

Imagine him playing about 32+ MPG. Future DPOY. Book it.

If the Jazz were smart, they would trade Kanter right now, while his value is high. They can package him along with Burke or Exum and get a borderline star in return.

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!!!

Would the Suns accept Kanter for Isaiah Thomas? Good deal for both sides.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: The Jazz need to trade Kanter and start Rudy Goober

Kantar is basically a shit version of Carlos Boozer no one wants him.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Ouch.

I really like Rudy Gobert, but I don't see him much more than a role player currently. He is most effective coming off the bench and his numbers wouldn't be as extraordinary if he were to start.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KendrickPerkins

If the Jazz were smart, they would trade Kanter right now, while his value is high. They can package him along with Burke or Exum and get a borderline star in return.

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!!!

Would the Suns accept Kanter for Isaiah Thomas? Good deal for both sides.
    Not sure how high his value is since he's a free agent and will be getting a huge payday from someone. Isaiah would be nice but they aren't giving up Exum yet.

Jazz first have to decide who best fit with Rudy. Rudy is obviously the guy they need to start building around. They are actually good when he is out there and one of the worst teams when he's not.

Can Favors guard the perimeter? He can't guard the rim. Gobert and Enes have looked good together. So unless Favors shows he can play with Rudy than Favors is the one to trade unless they think they can pay Kanter and have a 3 big man rotation. But they will have to wait until the off-season to trade Favors because they'd have to sign Enes first. They also may get another big with their high lottery pick.

He is most effective coming off the bench and his numbers wouldn't be as extraordinary if he were to start.
    He just started two games and they are a lot better team with him. Look at the advance stats. He's one of the best. Up there with Dwight, Hibbert and Bogut. They can't stop anyone with him off the floor.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

They have to bring Ante Tomic in the league

Quote Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
    They have to bring Ante Tomic in the league
    Yeah that too but it sounds like he's saying in Spain. Neto hopefully though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You

He just started two games and they are a lot better team with him. Look at the advance stats. He's one of the best. Up there with Dwight, Hibbert and Bogut. They can't stop anyone with him off the floor.
    Oh really!? I wasn't aware that he was playing that well. I'll have to make sure to catch a Jazz game soon and check him out again.

Good to hear.

Decent college freshman

When he's on the floor, the Jazz have a top 5 defense. His rim protection stats are like 6th at worst, maybe top 3. He's a steal considering they gave up cash and a second rounder to nab him.

Idk what Kanter will do and since he's an upcoming RFA I doubt teams would give up much to obtain him. I do think Gobert is the starting C of the future. Favors is better suited to defend 4s. I think their future frontcourt rotation will depend upon Kanter's RFA, the upcoming draft, and the potential trade market for a dude like Favors. Still early, but Gobert's a beast.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

At 7-3 with a 7-8 wingspan accompanied by a 36 inch vertical Gobert will be a problem in 3-4 years. [COLOR="White"]cavftw don't get mad brobro[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    When he's on the floor, the Jazz have a top 5 defense. His rim protection stats are like 6th at worst, maybe top 3. He's a steal considering they gave up cash and a second rounder to nab him.

Idk what Kanter will do and since he's an upcoming RFA I doubt teams would give up much to obtain him. I do think Gobert is the starting C of the future. Favors is better suited to defend 4s. I think their future frontcourt rotation will depend upon Kanter's RFA, the upcoming draft, and the potential trade market for a dude like Favors. Still early, but Gobert's a beast.
    He should be starting right now. They're actually competitive when he's on the floor but for a team tanking that's not necessarily a good thing I guess. They finally have someone to build around again. They need to move everyone that doesn't fit around Rudy. Favors should bring plenty in a trade like the pg and/or shooter they are missing. They need to wait until the off-season to see what happens with Kanter and the draft though. Remains to be seen if Favors can cover stretch 4's on the perimeter. He's not the rim protector he's been hyped as that's for sure.

I'm so glad we traded him for erick green (who?)

Couldnt have him takin minutes from mcgee

But for real, he's a monster defensively but i'd rather have Nurkic

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Not even close. Kanter has been balling recently, has shown he can score in a variety of ways be it with some good footwork going baseline down low or knocking down a mid range jumper. Plus he's only like 22 years old. He seems to be starting to really come into his own I would jump on the opportunity to have someone like Kanter on my team.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

It isn't that Gobert is so good but having him the center and having Favors as the PF gives some balance to the Utah starting lineup.

Kanter is not a rim protector and he and Favors do not mesh well together at all.

Gobert is a guy that doesn't need touches but he can run pnr with Hayward and Burke/Exum.

Serious playground baller

Kanter is a grade A bum

Would prefer Cole Aldrich to thos snow flake