Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why did lebron fell of the radar?

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Like I said, all on wide open shots. Pop doesn't really fear LeBron so I'm not gonna act like it was some legendary performance.

When you're the main focus of a defense that is when I'll pay attention. Last time it happened was in 2011 and we saw he couldn't handle it.
    So who was the main focus of the defense on the Heat 2012-14?

9 pts, 3/15 shooting, 0/3 for 3pt including an airball and a brick for the game winner... that's pretty pathetic.

National High School Star Rodmantheman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    9 pts, 3/15 shooting, 0/3 for 3pt including an airball and a brick for the game winner... that's pretty pathetic.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Like I said, all on wide open shots. Pop doesn't really fear LeBron so I'm not gonna act like it was some legendary performance.

When you're the main focus of a defense that is when I'll pay attention. Last time it happened was in 2011 and we saw he couldn't handle it.
    Yeah it's not like Pop kept his best defender, Kawhi, on LeBron because it was more important to shut down Wade, right? And it's not like Pop would have his help defense rotate in position to keep LeBron away from the hoop right? And it's not like Brooks tried the exact same thing keeping Thabo on LeBron with Ibaka/Perkins rotating to keep LeBron from the paint.

Pop was basically saying "If he goes to the paint, he's automatically going to score on us, so we might as well save the defensive energy and let him take jumpers" That's the ultimate respect

Seriously I wonder if you even watched this shit considering the stupidity you're spewing.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Yeah it's not like Pop kept his best defender, Kawhi, on LeBron because it was more important to shut down Wade, right? And it's not like Pop would have his help defense rotate in position to keep LeBron away from the hoop right? And it's not like Brooks tried the exact same thing keeping Thabo on LeBron with Ibaka/Perkins rotating to keep LeBron from the paint.

Pop was basically saying "If he goes to the paint, he's automatically going to score on us, so we might as well save the defensive energy and let him take jumpers" That's the ultimate respect

Seriously I wonder if you even watched this shit considering the stupidity you're spewing.
    Pop let him take wide open jumpers. "ultimate sign of respect"

Pop doesn't fear LeBron, and you won't see any of that wide open nonsense when he faces Durant. He knows who the best is.

Pop let him take wide open jumpers. "ultimate sign of respect"

Pop doesn't fear LeBron, and you won't see any of that wide open nonsense when he faces Durant. He knows who the best is.
    Great analysis. You're really showing great signs of critical thinking and understanding of how basketball works.

Great analysis. You're really showing great signs of critical thinking and understanding of how basketball works.
    Did the same thing in 2014. Let LeBron get his empty stats and focused on stopping everyone else.

Did the same thing in 2014. Let LeBron get his empty stats and focused on stopping everyone else.
    Yes it'll work when the Heat have a historically bad defensive meltdown, but not as empty as the empty stats KD was putting up int the 2012 finals. Hardly even noticed he was there.

But keep reminding me of how Popovich forced LeBron to take jumpers by clogging the paint, and that somehow is not a defensive scheme set up for LeBron.

Yes it'll work when the Heat have a historically bad defensive meltdown, but not as empty as the empty stats KD was putting up int the 2012 finals. Hardly even noticed he was there.

But keep reminding me of how Popovich forced LeBron to take jumpers by clogging the paint, and that somehow is not a defensive scheme set up for LeBron.
    It's a big weakness when you're not even feared to hit open jump shots.

They don't get to conserve energy when they face Durant. They're forced to stick on him like glue, which tires them out quicker.

You ask Pop who he'd rather face and he picks LeBron any day of the week. It's just the reality of it.

When it's all said and done Lebron will be remembered as a very talented player that lacked the "it factor" to make him a GOAT level memory. Dude cut corners to win titles. That's pretty much it. And when it's said and done IMO hiss career hasn't been that impressive when you see how he acquired his accolades

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    When it's all said and done Lebron will be remembered as a very talented player that lacked the "it factor" to make him a GOAT level memory. Dude cut corners to win titles. That's pretty much it. And when it's said and done IMO hiss career hasn't been that impressive when you see how he acquired his accolades
    Yeah, LeBron's really a dumb person. Smart fans don't just look at accolades and let it tell the whole story for them. LeBron thinks all that matters is what's on paper, he's delusional.

that "check my stats" mindset. I check the game and see he lacks conviction, see he lacks composure, see him jump ship twice in four years, and I see him getting free trips to the finals in a weak conference. I see sub-par performances in the finals and I say.... "what's the hype about, again"

It all goes back to his paper resume where it says he's a 4 time MVP and 2x finals MVP. His dumb fanbase loves to repeat it in just about every thread. Thank God I have two eyes and a brain to tell me he's not really what his stats indicate he should be.

It's a big weakness when you're not even feared to hit open jump shots.

They don't get to conserve energy when they face Durant. They're forced to stick on him like glue, which tires them out quicker.

You ask Pop who he'd rather face and he picks LeBron any day of the week. It's just the reality of it.
    lol once again you the critical thinking ability of a 5 year old.

LeBron is a guy who gets most of points driving to the paint and was scoring like 70% at the rim that year in 2012-13. Durant is a guy who scores most of his looks on jumpers.

I wonder why Popovich would want to prevent LeBron from driving to the rim and force him to be a player like Durant who has to shoot jumpers to score his points.

And even being forced to shoot jumpers, LeBron has won the ring, which shows how versatile his game is. Pop's plan ultimately backfired with a 37 point game 7 that looked like this

Popovich's philosophy against Durant is to defend his jumper since he is useless at getting to the rim compared to his jumper. You defend him the opposite way you do LeBron because their games are polar opposites. It's really not hard to understand but I get that you're 15 and your brain is still developing.

lol once again you the critical thinking ability of a 5 year old.

LeBron is a guy who gets most of points driving to the paint and was scoring like 70% at the rim that year in 2012-13. Durant is a guy who scores most of his looks on jumpers.

I wonder why Popovich would want to prevent LeBron from driving to the rim and force him to be a player like Durant who has to shoot jumpers to score his points.

And even being forced to shoot jumpers, LeBron has won the ring, which shows how versatile his game is. Pop's plan ultimately backfired with a 37 point game 7 that looked like this

Popovich's philosophy against Durant is to defend his jumper since he is useless at getting to the rim compared to his jumper. You defend him the opposite way you do LeBron because their games are polar opposites. It's really not hard to understand but I get that you're 15 and your brain is still developing.
    All those words and you didn't say anything.

His plan worked out great, did you forget the series was pretty much over until an epic choke and miracle shot?

His plan worked spectacularly. LeBron was shit the whole series and they should have lost in 6.

Durant useless getting to the rim compared to his jumper? Idiotic statement. What does it even mean?

The sad part is you think you're providing insight or something. What a terrible poster you are.

because everybody realizing who he truly is, plus many people forgave him and calls him a hero (which he's not) which makes Lebron worse. Lebron thrived better when he was a known villain to most people (even tho he still is) and he was comfortable in his own skin. Now that he is looked at being a hero for going back home, he is not comfortable in his own skin anymore. Yes ISH, him being glorified as a REAL man and hero is messing him up greatly this season because he knows deep down inside that his fake cheating ass is not a REAL man and a hero. Thank you for your damn time.

All those words and you didn't say anything.

His plan worked out great, did you forget the series was pretty much over until an epic choke and miracle shot?

His plan worked spectacularly. LeBron was shit the whole series and they should have lost in 6.

Durant useless getting to the rim compared to his jumper? Idiotic statement. What does it even mean?

The sad part is you think you're providing insight or something. What a terrible poster you are.
    brb getting that clutch lebron shot to seal nba championship in game 7 of the finals