Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Which team wins?

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    The point of this thread was more the context then the actual match-ups.

It was to illustrate that ISH puts too much emphasis on defensive play and loves to chastise dominant offensive players who play mediocre on defense. In theory according to ISH team A should beat team B. Isn't Harden and Carmelo bums? Isn't Blake a soft power forward? Isn't Al Jefferson one dimensional?

I think the smarter posters got the context
    Taj Gibson is more defensive than Ibaka (who can hit the midrange, and is therefore a more two-way player than Taj) likewise, Mar Gasol is DPOY. he is defense, not offense.

if you wanted to illustrate a point, you would have picked total one sided players for each side. not this shit where both teams have some players that are decent on the other side of play.

example:

Patrick Beverley
    Tony Allen
    Taj Gibson
    Dennis Rodman
    Ben Wallace

vs

Kevin Martin
    Current Kobe
    Carmelo Anthony
    Kevin Love
    Bargnani
    Last edited by I<3NBA; 12-19-2014 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Taj Gibson is more defensive than Ibaka (who can hit the midrange, and is therefore a more two-way player than Taj) likewise, Mar Gasol is DPOY. he is defense, not offense.

if you wanted to illustrate a point, you would have picked total one sided players for each side. not this shit where both teams have some players that are decent on the other side of play.

example:

Patrick Beverley
    Tony Allen
    Taj Gibson
    Dennis Rodman
    Ben Wallace

vs

Kevin Martin
    Current Kobe
    Carmelo Anthony
    Kevin Love
    Bargnani

Sorry, your example is way worse to illustrate my point. It was illustrated to exemplify elite offensive skill and super stardom trumps superior defense.
    The purpose was to overload the offensive side to show that defense gets overrated.
    Your concern for the actual match-up itself shows you had no clue what the point was whuch is defense gets overrated on ISH.
    Last edited by hateraid; 12-20-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    People overemphasize defense because they think it makes them sound smarter seeing as it's less flashy and appealing. They feel like they are giving off the impression that they are seeing something that others aren't.

Defense is important, but offense beats defense most of the time. That's why most TS% are above 50%.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    The point of this thread was more the context then the actual match-ups.

It was to illustrate that ISH puts too much emphasis on defensive play and loves to chastise dominant offensive players who play mediocre on defense. In theory according to ISH team A should beat team B. Isn't Harden and Carmelo bums? Isn't Blake a soft power forward? Isn't Al Jefferson one dimensional?

I think the smarter posters got the context
    Idk man I'd take team A. There's just too much ball handling on team B. Most of them would be standing around watching while one star takes turns. It would be redundant.

Jimmy Butler and kawhi can create their own shot just fine.. Noah for passing and screen setting. Good spacing and two all star caliber big man who can definitely wipe the glass with blake/al Jeff. There's a reason the clips start a real long mobile defensive player in DeAndre next to Griffin.. He masks his deficiencies. There's zero rim protection on your offensive team.

I would bet on defensive team especially in a series