Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Rondo to Mavs?

This move makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Great trade IMO. They can afford a non-shooter with Dirk on the floor, and improve their defense. Would also take the ball out of Monta's hands more often since Rondo is so ball-dominant.

I think if this goes down, they're the second best roster on paper after SA. Definitely think it would get them to the WCF.
    You act like Monta having the ball is bad. Its not like he is MIL Monta anymore

Very good NBA starter

idk why but I get this feeling that Dirk and hard-headed Rondo wouldn't vibe personality-wise. He knew Kidd on a personal level and Calderon seemed relatively high IQ. Assuming they did vibe though, Mavs would be even better. Feel like they'd be better suited with a PG who's got a better jumper though. Never stopped Celtics from being great but that was them

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Lol @ "blossoming Center"

Pure robbery if this happens.

lol'd

I'd like Dirk to win more, this potentially sends Houston home in the first round, and Lebron wont win against either the Mavs or Spurs. Win/Win/Win. I'd like to see Dirk with another ring.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    And how would Rondo fit into the offense?

Is it a good fit?
    Seems great to me. Upgrade the D, and you got the perfect person to dish to Ellis, Parsons, and Dirk.

this would be great for the mavs. hope it doesnt happen

Don't see why the Celtics trade with Dallas. They can get better talent and picks back from another team for Rondo, especially later.

I usually hit open layups

Are they freakin serious?

After years of rumors the best DA can snag is wright, filler and a 1st for Rondo?

BS

Look for a Celtics media release swatting this BS rumor away

Rondo is a beast

C's are a legit big away from making some noise!

Wait this isn't a joke?

Brandan Wright, a future 1st and filler for Rondo? What the ****?

Oh my god, the overrating of Rajon Rondo needs to stop. I am a die-hard Celtics fan and I have no problem admitting that Rajon Rondo is the most overrated player in the NBA right now. Well, maybe 2nd behind Kobe, everybody thinks he's doing great this year, even though he's the worst defensive shooting guard in the NBA, and is shooting extremely inefficiently. But anyways, that's besides the point.

Rajon Rondo is a point guard, who cannot shoot to save his life. He is shooting THIRTY-THREE percent from the free throw line this year. His field goal percentage is LESS than 40! Rondo has also been ATROCIOUS defensively this year, with by far the worst Keep In Front % among PGs at 23.4%, worse than the butt of all jokes, Kyrie Irving. Those are 2 of the most fundamental skills in basketball, being able to shoot, and keep your man in front of you defensively and Rondo blows at both. He's also nervous at driving to the hoop anymore because of his putrid free throw shooting, and thus hurts the offensive spacing on the floor because he also can't shoot.

Rondo is massively overrated by the mass public, and by us Celtics fans in particular, because we have selective memory when it comes to him. We all remember the Rondo from the past, playoff Rondo, national TV Rondo, but Rondo isn't that guy anymore. Not after his ACL injury. It's been almost 60 games now, and Rondo isn't even close to being the player he was before. Not only that, he's almost certain to leave at the end of the year, so his value is even lower.

The Dallas Mavericks already have a historically great offense, even with their point guard issues, and Rondo does absolutely NOTHING to help their horrendous perimeter defense. Also, Rondo and Monta Ellis is a terrible backcourt pairing because neither one can shoot very well, both are particularly terrible from 3. This trade honestly makes no sense for the Mavericks, but hey, if they give up Wright, who is the most UNDERRATED player in the NBA + a future first-round pick, then I am down.

from /r/bostonceltics

That's exactly what the Western Conference needs... another all-star caliber PG.

Rondo can't shoot.

Giving up a solid big man for a point guard who can't shoot is a bad move

Dirk for Rondo would benefit Dallas more than Wright right now tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    Dirk for Rondo would benefit Dallas more than Wright right now tbh.
    goat troll gonna goat troll?

matter of fact: this team goes as far as Dirk takes them. seriously are you watching mavs games?

Ellis can only keep up his above average shooting numbers when Dirk is on the floor.
    all offensive plays start with Dirk drawing the double team
    and Dirk keeps his performance at high level no matter the unit he plays with (unlike Ellis)

and here are the stats:
    according to NBA.com definition of clutch (last 5 minutes, 5 points or less diff.) our players stack up (Player impact rating) like this:
    - Dirk 22.8
    - Ellis 19.7
    - Parsons 7.5