Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Default Re: Can we throw John Wall into mvp discussions yet?

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Westbrook is more valuable than both. By far.

The other night he had continued his streak of 20-5-5 games... In just the first half.
    No doubt, he's carrying the Thunder right now especially with Durant having restricted minutes.

Wish he hadn't gotten injured this year so we can really see him beast with Durant out, similar to what Durant did last year.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

I wouldn't give a point an MVP until a PG can actually lead a team to the finals/win the chip.

PG least impactful position in the league. I'd rather take an elite 2/3/4/5 position player over a point guard any time of the week. **** PGs and their overrated ass.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

He's top 10 but he's not a serious contender to win it. It will be Curry, Harden, Durant or LeBron.

For sure

Best player on the best team

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Wall has picked up his play in December. His play was not that great in November.

I think he is a clear cut All-Star but not a MVP candidate yet.

So Marc Gasol is an mvp candidate but john wall isnt? How old is everyone in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    So Marc Gasol is an mvp candidate but john wall isnt? How old is everyone in this forum?

I am 48 and have watched every game Wall has played this season. He is on a good run now but wasn't that good in november.

On the year his TS is 52.6% and his ORTG is 106. All of the top pgs have better efficiency than Wall. Wall might be the best defender at the point but he needs to improve his scoring efficiency and cut down his turnovers to be in the MVP discussion.

throwing out empty stats like ts % and some other mumbo jumbo craaap.

Do me a favour and listen to what the real experts are saying.... If you've watched every John Wall game this season you would know he's the best pg in the league so far. Check out his game logs .. watch the game against Chris Paul where he made him look like christmas pudding.
    John Wall and Harden are the front runners for the mvp... i will swallow my pride right now agree that Harden is leading the race right now... but nobody else is doing anything special..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I really like Wall...but I only discuss guys that actually have a chance in hell of winning MVP. John Wall is not one of those players. He's not even close to guys in the West like Harden, Gasol, and Curry when it comes to MVP consideration. He plays in the east...and frankly that just has to be said. The Wizards would have to win 62+ games for him to get any real consideration.

Basketball Genius

is arenas all over again

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    throwing out empty stats like ts % and some other mumbo jumbo craaap.

Do me a favour and listen to what the real experts are saying.... If you've watched every John Wall game this season you would know he's the best pg in the league so far. Check out his game logs .. watch the game against Chris Paul where he made him look like christmas pudding.
    John Wall and Harden are the front runners for the mvp... i will swallow my pride right now agree that Harden is leading the race right now... but nobody else is doing anything special..

I watched all the games, not just the ones in december. I watched Jennings and Sloan go off on him. Jennings dropped 32/10 on him.

Making shots is a big part of basketball. All of the top pgs are doing that better than Wall. He made only 41.6% of his shots in November. Fortunately he is taking fewer shots and making them at a higher rate this month.

Wall needs to be a top 3 pg before he can be in the MVP discussion. Curry,Westbrook, and Paul are clearly better than him now.

I have seen Wall have good stretches before only to fall back. He needs to improve his scoring efficiency and cut down his turnovers to be truly elite. And showing up in the playoffs would help too.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    is arenas all over again

Wall and Arenas couldn't be much more different for guys at the same position.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

is arenas all over again
    John Wall and Gilbert Arenas literally have nothing in common except that they are both black, both guards, and both played for the Wizards.

is arenas all over again
    Are you retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    I watched all the games, not just the ones in december. I watched Jennings and Sloan go off on him. Jennings dropped 32/10 on him.

Making shots is a big part of basketball. All of the top pgs are doing that better than Wall. He made only 41.6% of his shots in November. Fortunately he is taking fewer shots and making them at a higher rate this month.

Wall needs to be a top 3 pg before he can be in the MVP discussion. Curry,Westbrook, and Paul are clearly better than him now.

I have seen Wall have good stretches before only to fall back. He needs to improve his scoring efficiency and cut down his turnovers to be truly elite. And showing up in the playoffs would help too.
    rediculous statement if i've ever seen one.... AND I've SEEN PLENTY on this board. Firstly, lets all understand that you don't need to put up gaudy stat lines like steph curry to be a great point guard. Some guys arn't going to score 24point off 8 shots and finish the night with 50. Steph curry is in a totally different situation... When i look at John Wall.. i see someone with freakish ability .. a heart the size of a bowling ball... and a player who can do just about anything on the basketball court. Thats basically who he is .. he can do anything on the basketball court... Does that mean he can shoot the ball as good as steph curry? NO.. Does that mean he has a midrange jumper that you could bet your house on to fall everytime ? NO
    He's doing far more and doesn't always show up on the stat sheet... i'm willing to bet that you dont watch every wizards game because if you did you would realise how valuable John Wall is and know a) 1st team defence b) best passer in the league c) fastest player in the league d) best pg in league no doubt

and.... #4 on the mvp ladder- up 8 spots since i started this thread

Knuckleheads
    Last edited by LiLharvard; 01-11-2015 at 09:13 AM.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by bballnoob1192
    I wouldn't give a point an MVP until a PG can actually lead a team to the finals/win the chip.

PG least impactful position in the league. I'd rather take an elite 2/3/4/5 position player over a point guard any time of the week. **** PGs and their overrated ass.
    bball noob indeed.