National High School Star

Default Tell us about your NBA life...

I really want to hear about other people on here. It's the funnest board I'm a part of.

3rd-4th grade: Played hoops at skoo for the first time.

5th grade: Saw 3 to 5 NBA games on TV. Told a lie to my classmates that I flew to N.Carolina over the weekend and watched the Charlotte Hornets play (I'm from Cali btw...i knew any lie had to be outrageous to be believable).

Summer before 6th grade: Had a swim class. Hated it hella. There was a gym upstairs from the swim class and it was always unlocked (community college) and nobody inside. My friend and I played hoops there for 3+ hours a day after swim class the entire summer. Came back to school the next year an absolute beast baller. Got into NBA trading cards a lot.

6th - 8th grade: Played in league + school teams. Fell in love with the NBA and the Lakers (coincided with Kobe entering the league). Also liked Stockton a lot. Drew pics of NBA players during class, and wrote detailed playbooks (still have em now).

9th to 12th grade: Intense love for the NBA. Wore my heart on my sleeve for the Lakers of Shaq and Kobe. Didn't let family into the room when the Lakers game was on, etc. Played on the school teams...and played 3-4 hours a day. Our lives (5 friends) was hoops, skoo, hoops practice, NBA, chat on the phone about hoops and girls. Didn't drink/smoke etc and thought I was going to be able to make the NBA (though I was like 5'4...and didn't even start lol...due to heightism of course).

1st year to 4th year of college: Played at the rec center pretty much everyday. Was the most fun hoopin of my life. Was at my physical peak. Could touch the rim, had speed, was a deadly shooter. My intramural team beat the D1 team (offseason for them so they played intramurals) in the finals and I crushed out the opposing pg. Thought about trying to walk on, but realized at this point that my life was never going to end up playing hoops. Loved the Lakers and had so much fun in the dorms with 20+ people watching Laker games (went to skoo in So.Cal).

After college to present (9 years): My loyalties changed in 2005 to the Warriors. I started loving my home area a lot and realized that the Kobe/Shaq era was over. I'd always have a deep respect for Kobe, but realized that I was now an adult and had to pick my ride or die team for the rest of my adult life. The Lakers were a kids fantasy that got me to this point of maturity. Re-dedicated my fanhood to the Warriors. It paid off when the Dubs went to town on Dallas. Easily top 3 most exciting series I've ever watched.

Was elated when the Dubs drafted Curry. Out of all my friends I was the only one that believed he could be an absolute star at the NBA level. Felt he had the scoring and more importantly, great handles and vision.

Fastforward to now - life couldn't be better. The Dubs are finally a respectable franchise, from the owner down to the 12th man on the bench. Had a tough time liking Jackson, and felt so much better going into this year with Kerr.

Default Re: Tell us about your NBA life...

5 -10years old hanging at my neigjbours house he was 4 years older than me and was really into hoops and he had a hoop and the whole neighbourhood would come play too.Watched Nba for the first time in the 04 season and clearly remember the pistons vs lakers. Loved the 04pistons. My dad would watch hoops too. I also played Nba street vol 2 on gamecube and thay helped me learn new players. Also saw the Tmac on Orlando and made me fall in love with the Magic.

10-13 didnt watch a lick of basketball because I moved houses and I no longer had access to TV with basketbal , I knew the Celtics and Lakers won championships but only from hearing it on the news once.

14-16 dad bought us a sports channel on satellite for the World Cup in 2010 , clearly remember watching the 2010 playoffs. The satellite stayed and I was hella in love with the NBA would watch every team. Also played Nba 2k10 on my ps2. Loved the 09-10 Magic team with Dwight/Hedo etc

16-now(17) last year I didnt watch alot of regular season cause i was more into soccer and pretty busy but i clearly watched the whole playoffs aswell as one quarter of theregular season.

Now-(17)- Got back into NBA alot but having to watch every game on stream sucks but eh better than nothing.
    Last edited by waseem780; 12-10-2014 at 03:52 PM.