Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Sixers Fans: Who should we take in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Hateraid is def right. There aren't any similarities between Deron Williams and Mudiay. Williams is (well he was) a PG Mudiay is a new school PG more of a combo guard. I don't see a ton of Wall in him but I see a little. I think that Wall has more PG skills and Mudiay seems to be a better scorer but then again he's playing in China.

While I'm not in love with Okafor, I don't see him as Curry really though because although he may not be an excellent face up shooter, he definitely already has an array of moves that Curry didn't have at this age. It took a while for Curry to grow into a decent scorer. Okafor is far ahead of him. That being said, Okafor isn't athletic and isn't a great rebounder but as far as bigs with really sound moves, I can't think of one recently that was as well rounded as he is at this age. But being big and having moves can get you pretty far. Duncan was never lightning fast but his offensive skills are about as good as you can get. He of course is a much better rebounder and defender than Okafor but he's not super athletic and never has been.

I love Johnson but I don't think that the Sixers would take him with a top pick. If that's who they wanted they would take him and then concoct some insane trade and hold whoever wanted Okafor hostage while they got Johnson. This is Hinkie we're talking about not David Kahn thankfully.
    In order for all that to happen is Noel has to play out of his mind in order to get his value up. Because right now all people are seeing is bad hands, bad positioning, and a really tall, but limited offensively small forward.
    For this to really go down he'll have to package up MCW, then you're on the Wroten bandwagon with me

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    In order for all that to happen is Noel has to play out of his mind in order to get his value up. Because right now all people are seeing is bad hands, bad positioning, and a really tall, but limited offensively small forward.
    For this to really go down he'll have to package up MCW, then you're on the Wroten bandwagon with me
    hahaha sorry, you know that aint gonna happen hahaha but I like your style

Don't expect me to do you any favors, Sixers fans.

Not saying Mudaiy is similar to DWill in his game but more about his impact. Big scoring PG who can get you 7 assists a game or so if he maxed out. He isn't the passes that DWill was but he's also got better physical tools.

Not sure exactly about a player comparison tho. More like a Rose or Westbrook type of guy but I still don't like that comparison.

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Not saying Mudaiy is similar to DWill in his game but more about his impact. Big scoring PG who can get you 7 assists a game or so if he maxed out. He isn't the passes that DWill was but he's also got better physical tools.

Not sure exactly about a player comparison tho. More like a Rose or Westbrook type of guy but I still don't like that comparison.
    But he is like Westbrook. I don't see his impact like Williams at all. And 7 assists from a ball dominator are a lot different from 7 assists from an actual PG. Like over dribbling then handing off to a guy who's three feet from you is different from a PG running a play and finding the open man who's cutting. Guys who are like that tend to stagnate an offense. But really who knows the dude has played like 10 games in China and now he's hurt so who really knows. As I said, if they take him I'll support that because I assume they know a lot more about him than I do.