Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default will okc make the playoffs ?

the west looks stronger than last year and some of the slow starters (clippers, spurs) are bound to do better. westbrook and durant will also need some time to get in game shape and in rythm.

Last year PHX didn't get in with 48 wins .... i'd vote for no on okc this year.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: will okc make the playoffs ?

NBA will give them a push like the 2012-13 Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    the west looks stronger than last year and some of the slow starters (clippers, spurs) are bound to do better. westbrook and durant will also need some time to get in game shape and in rythm.

Last year PHX didn't get in with 48 wins .... i'd vote for no on okc this year.

ISH has had this thread like 10 times in the last 2 weeks now

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

to end these threads:

okc is 4-12

there are 66 games remaining in the season

they must go 46-20 to get to 50 wins. that is .767 ball, a bit higher than their overall win pctage has been over 82 games the past couple of seasons. the bottom line is that they cant afford to throw away any more wins. every game is absolutely massive.

if they are the elite contender that we think they are, they will get to 50 wins, though, i think.

they have to start tonight against the knicks and start to grab some wins. though they need kd back asap, they only can afford to bring him back when he is 100% - if he is in and out of the lineup throughout the year i dont think they make it.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Jef
    to end these threads:

okc is 4-12

there are 66 games remaining in the season

they must go 46-20 to get to 50 wins. that is .767 ball, a bit higher than their overall win pctage has been over 82 games the past couple of seasons. the bottom line is that they cant afford to throw away any more wins. every game is absolutely massive.

if they are the elite contender that we think they are, they will get to 50 wins, though, i think.

they have to start tonight against the knicks and start to grab some wins. though they need kd back asap, they only can afford to bring him back when he is 100% - if he is in and out of the lineup throughout the year i dont think they make it.
    Your math is slightly off with their winning percentage because for Oklahoma City to win 50 games they need to win 69.6% of their remaining games, not 76.7%.

They have won just over 72% of their games over the last three seasons, so winning approximately 70% of their games from here on out is certainly achievable in order to win 50 games. It just depends how much longer until everyone is healthy, in game shape and if they have any setbacks.

They will be in the playoffs unless they incur additional injuries.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    Your math is slightly off with their winning percentage because for Oklahoma City to win 50 games they need to win 69.6% of their remaining games, not 76.7%.

They have won just over 72% of their games over the last three seasons, so winning approximately 70% of their games from here on out is certainly achievable in order to win 50 games. It just depends how much longer until everyone is healthy, in game shape and if they have any setbacks.

youre right - sorry for my oversight.

agreed on all points.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21

Yes, This.
    At first I was thinking no.

With the two coming back within two weeks I really believe they will make the 8th seed and depending on the Clippers weird ways possibly the 7th seed. They have a pretty easy schedule after Feb.

The only question is how many loses will be due to them trying to mesh or not being in top shape. Or other injuries as you stated.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Literally have this exact same thread every other day.

OKC is so intriguing... they are a polarizing team with 2 of top 3 most exciting players to watch with AD being the other. Everyone wants to see them in the playoffs, but none of them want their team to face them in the 1st round even with homecourt advantage. They have shown they are capable of getting huge wins on the road the last few years in the playoffs. They can win anywhere so I don't think homecourt advantage is that important to them.

So yes, I do think they will make the playoffs and 'upset' a top 2 team come playoffs 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    probably my favorite player to watch after 2005 kobe. You get to see basketball and comedy 2 in 1

NBA Superstar

if westbrook and durant return tonight they are projected at 48 wins.

in the east thats a playoff lock, hell, maybe even a top 4 seed. but in the west it might not work out. we'll see.

Everybody has to keep showing up every night, KD and Westbrook should go on historic runs, OKC makes the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    OKC is so intriguing... they are a polarizing team with 2 of top 3 most exciting players to watch with AD being the other. Everyone wants to see them in the playoffs, but none of them want their team to face them in the 1st round even with homecourt advantage. They have shown they are capable of getting huge wins on the road the last few years in the playoffs. They can win anywhere so I don't think homecourt advantage is that important to them.

So yes, I do think they will make the playoffs and 'upset' a top 2 team come playoffs 1st round.
    they won't be favorites against memphis/spurs/dallas, but they'll be against clippers/warriors/portland ... thing is the last 3 won't be in the top 3 records imo so no chance of getting them in the 1st round.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    they won't be favorites against memphis/spurs/dallas, but they'll be against clippers/warriors/portland ... thing is the last 3 won't be in the top 3 records imo so no chance of getting them in the 1st round.
    Are you sure that they won't be favored against teams like Memphis or Dallas even without the home-court advantage? I'm not so sure.

It really depends on how the season plays out and how those teams are playing going into the playoffs. But if Oklahoma City is playing well and are healthy going to playoffs, then yes, of course they have a great chance of defeating Memphis or Dallas without home court advantage and could easily be favored.

San Antonio is always very tough and I would still have them favored if both teams are healthy and San Antonio has home-court advantage. Oklahoma City is capable of beating the Spurs, although I wouldn't favor OKC in that series. But there's no way I would get that same respect to Memphis or Dallas, at least not till I see something from them in the regular season to make me think otherwise.
    Last edited by SOD 21; 11-28-2014 at 07:29 PM.