Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Game of Thrones fans: let's talk about future alliances. ***spoilers***.

Anyone disagree about this?

North will support Stannis after he destroys Bolton's, wins winter fell, and puts Jon or Rickon in charge. Stannis will support Asha's claim in exchange of her support and fleet.

Little Finger/Vale will aligned themselves up with Dany. When/if Lannisters fall, what are the Tyrells going to do? Little Finger is their only ally. I think he convinces Tyrells to join Dany.
    There's not a chance Little Finger aligns himself with Varys' puppet Aegon.

Aegon will align himself with Dorne, Stormlands, and Reach.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by longhornfan1234; 11-25-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Default Re: Game of Thrones fans: let's talk about future alliances. ***spoilers***.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234

North will support Stannis after he destroys Bolton's, wins winter fell, and puts Jon or Rickon in charge. Stannis will support Asha's claim in exchange of her support and fleet.

Little Finger/Vale will aligned themselves up with Dany. When/if Lannisters fall, what are the Tyrells going to do? Little Finger is their only ally. I think he convinces Tyrells to join Dany.

Thoughts?
    don't think littlefinger aligns with dany. i think dany will ally with aegon who i think is an imposter. aegon will ally with dorne and stormlands, not sure about the reach.

the cragmen will also ally with stannis and Jon (howland reed knows jon's true identity so he's Jon's bannerman)

Default Re: Game of Thrones fans: let's talk about future alliances. ***spoilers***.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    don't think littlefinger aligns with dany. i think dany will ally with aegon who i think is an imposter. aegon will ally with dorne and stormlands, not sure about the reach.

the cragmen will also ally with stannis and Jon (howland reed knows jon's true identity so he's Jon's bannerman)

I don't think Dany.... who has spent years believing that she will one day be Queen.... would just stop in her ambitions because her fake nephew is the rightful heir.

So... you agree Iron Born will ally with Stannis?

I don't think Dany.... who has spent years believing that she will one day be Queen.... would just stop in her ambitions because her nephew is the rightful heir.

So... you agree Iron Born will ally with Stannis?

i have no thoughts on the iron born, not sure where they are gonna end up but remember victarion is on his way to Dany right now so we don't know how that is going to end up.

good point on dany/aegon though

NBA rookie of the year

Thoughts?
    Stannis and the north being allies is already almost canon. and rickon will probably be found by davos

It will be hard to support the north and the ironborn. Stannis will not ally with the ironborn imo. One he considers them dishonorable (which is important to stannis) and 2 it would offend the northmen.

Little fingers control of the vale is exaggerated imo. His relative low birth prevents any of the major lords of the vale to take him seriously. Also he has very minimal military forces under his direct control. IMO he needs kid robert. I have questions about whether the heir will work out.

I dont see how it makes sense for dany to team up with him.
    1. barristan selmy would hate littlefinger and advise against it.
    2. little finger rose to power off of jon arryn and robert baratheon

Tyrells will be fine. they are the second richest family and control the largest population. Thus they can field the largest armies. Eg. mace just gave renly 100,000 men, also the redwyne fleet gives them the strongest navy

I am not totally convinced lannisters fall, especially if jaime takes the reins. The show went further than the books in claiming how their gold mines were empty. I dont remember that being revealed in the books.

also dany is in a bad position. iirc at the end of ADWD she got discovered by the dothraki khalasar of Khal Jhaqo

Dorne sure

Stormlands, im not sure of. arguably the storm lords could pretend tommen is roberts kid. and stay loyal to the throne.

I dont see any reason for mace tyrell to stop his alliance with the lannisters now that they are the dominate party. his daughter to tommen will put him in charge. if he sides with aegon he loses that, as aegon wants to marry dany. Mace is already hand of the king
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 11-25-2014 at 04:33 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

if he knew jons true identity he wouldnt be jon's bannerman either. he would still be rickons or if he is still alive bran.

Jon's true identity would give him no claim to winterfell either.

Well not no claim:
    if R+L=J

than the north claim to winterfell would go

legit kids of ned: bran>rickon>sansa>arya > then the kid of L (jon)

if in the books jeyne westerling had a kid that kid moves into first as it would be the legit kid of robb, who was neds heir
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 11-25-2014 at 04:30 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Read or watch the great northern conspiracy, dornish master plan, and I forget what it's called but it explains littlefingers motives

Manderlys conquer the North

Stannis dies killing the great White Walker with lightbringer

Littlefinger dies sitting on the Iron Throne

Danny comes with Dragons to destroy White Walkers then eventually goes insane from Targaryen madness.

Jon kills Danny and becomes King of Westeros

Boom

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Stannis and the north being allies is already almost canon. and rickon will probably be found by davos

It will be hard to support the north and the ironborn. Stannis will not ally with the ironborn imo. One he considers them dishonorable (which is important to stannis) and 2 it would offend the northmen.

Little fingers control of the vale is exaggerated imo. His relative low birth prevents any of the major lords of the vale to take him seriously. Also he has very minimal military forces under his direct control. IMO he needs kid robert. I have questions about whether the heir will work out.

I dont see how it makes sense for dany to team up with him.
    1. barristan selmy would hate littlefinger and advise against it.
    2. little finger rose to power off of jon arryn and robert baratheon

Tyrells will be fine. they are the second richest family and control the largest population. Thus they can field the largest armies. Eg. mace just gave renly 100,000 men.

I am not totally convinced lannisters fall, especially if jaime takes the reins. The show went further than the books in claiming how their gold mines were empty. I dont remember that being revealed in the books.

also dany is in a bad position. iirc at the end of ADWD she got discovered by the dothraki khalasar of Khal Jhaqo

Dorne sure

Stormlands, im not sure of. arguably the storm lords could pretend tommen is roberts kid. and stay loyal to the throne.

I dont see any reason for mace tyrell to stop his alliance with the lannisters now that they are the dominate party. his daughter to tommen will put him in charge. if he sides with aegon he loses that, as aegon wants to marry dany. Mace is already hand of the king
    You made good points. Asha is not like her father and rest of Iron born. She has progressive views. if Stannis can add IB fleet, there's no way Tyrells/ Lannisters can stop him. He'll have North, Iron Born, and a blank check from Bravos. The fact that Asha is with Stannis ties Stannis to the Ironborn storyline. I think he is destined to defeat Euron with Asha's help in return for backing opposition to Euron on the iron islands.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    if he knew jons true identity he wouldnt be jon's bannerman either. he would still be rickons or if he is still alive bran.

Jon's true identity would give him no claim to winterfell either.

Well not no claim:
    if R+L=J

than the north claim to winterfell would go

legit kids of ned: bran>rickon>sansa>arya > then the kid of L (jon)

if in the books jeyne westerling had a kid that kid moves into first as it would be the legit kid of robb, who was neds heir
    Yea but to Robb legitimized Jon. Don't remember though, is there any evidence of that lying around after the red wedding?

NBA rookie of the year

Yea but to Robb legitimized Jon. Don't remember though, is there any evidence of that lying around after the red wedding?
    arguably jon is already legitimate as targaryens can have multiple wives

Nonetheless legitimate or not, as jon is not ned's son he has no claim to winterfell via birth (well at least not before the children of ned and any potential child of robbs.)

Robb's potential child would be first in line
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 11-25-2014 at 09:35 PM.

I just want to see Stannis on throne. He deserves it.

After Davos brings Rickon to Stannis, he needs to immediately take out Frey and support Asha's claim. Stannis, Mand, rest of North support, Iron Born fleet, and blank check from Bravos will be too much for any army in Westeros. His sights shouldn't be on KL just yet. Let Tyrells and Lannister destroy each other. He needs to wait for Dany to make her move to Westeros. There's not a chance Dany's army could beat IB fleet on the sea.

Please... listen to me true rightful heir Stannis Barethon.

i think one thing we are forgetting is that this is grrm's world. not everything we expect to happen or want to happen is going to come to pass. this isn't your typical fantasy series. i think we are due for at least one more big red wedding/ned stark beheading type event before this series is over.

that being said, i believe the faction fighting should be wrapping up soon. we still have the looming threat of the Others to deal with and not many books left.

As long as Tyrion claims his rightful place as the leader of House Lannister and stays alive to finish the series...however he has to make that happen, I want that to happen.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I don't think Littlefinger is long for the world. I think, just mostly from a narrative sense, that Sansa completes her transformation from foolhardy pawn to manipulative master player by killing Littlefinger. And it makes sense from a narrative perspective, because he's been among the best manipulators the book has, and he's directly used Sansa, and he's outright taught her lessons along the way. His falling for one of his own traps, and using the only weakness he's really shown to this point, that being an unquenchable desire for Sansa's mother, who Sansa apparently looks just like, is just too good a set up.

I agree that The North will rally behind Stannis, but at some point the strictness to rules has to bite him in the ass. I suspect Melisandra will turn on him when evidence starts to turn against supporting her prediction that he's Azor Ahai, and it may come as evidence mounts that John is. I expect her to do it quietly, so Stannis can fulfill his what seems like an inevitable role of rallying the North against The Boltons.

The Ironborn I expect will fall in line behind Jon because I expect Theon to redeem himself to Jon in exchange for his transgressions against Rob. And Theon will align Asha with them.

Dany and the Dornish will unite and overthrow the Lannisters and Tyrells heading north. I'm expecting Aegon to be exposed as a fraud, and my guess is he'll be wiped out by Dany too, but I just don't think there's enough out there to know too much for sure about him.

Dany will take the Throne. The north will declare their independence. She'll head north to unite the 7 kingdoms under one ruler by eliminating Jon as a "King of the North", as battle kicks in the wall will fall and the Whites will start heading south, and the two combatting armies (probably including the split ironborn), will realize they can't take defend the kingdom without each other, and they'll unite to fend off the Whites. At some point Jon and Dany's relation will be exposed, and they'll go on to rule the seven kingdoms as a north and south split both under people who are of Half-Targ parentage. That Targ Parentage and it's relation to Dragon's and Fire feel like it's got to play a roll in eliminating the Whites and the Ice.

That's sort of my general outline, with about a million ways to connect the dots in between.