Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: People still think Lebron > Bird/Pippen?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

Even with PEAK Bird on the '14 Heat, the Spurs would've embarrassed them.
    horseshit... don't know that.

and considering that lebron and bird play night-and-day differently, a Bird-led Heat team would have played entirely differently than the Lebron-led Heat played... they would probably play a lot like the Spurs.

also, considering bird's teammates all loved playing with him and were super-comfortable alongside him, and considering how Bird's teammates didn't routinely underperform like Lebron's, your statement is pure poppycock... wild speculation with zero basis whatsoever.

from all indications, a bird-led team would be opposite to a lebron-led team in many ways.
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-26-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    MORE RINGS THAN BRON,NUFF.SAID
    Dude, you type all kinds of stupid, so I know you're stupid away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    horseshit... don't know that.

and considering that lebron and bird play night-and-day differently, a Bird-led Heat team would have played entirely differently than the Lebron-led Heat played... they would probably play a lot like the Spurs.

also, considering bird's teammates all loved playing with him and were super-comfortable alongside him, and considering how Bird's teammates didn't routinely underperform like Lebron's, your statement is pure poppycock... wild speculation with zero basis whatsoever.

from all indications, a bird-led team would be opposite to a lebron-led team in many ways.

Seriously, kid? I'm done here.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

Seriously
    yeah seriously... a bird-led team would be completely different from a lebron-led team.

that much should be intuitive.

National High School Star

yeah seriously... a bird-led team would be completely different from a lebron-led team.

that much should be intuitive.
    Yea but which team would be better is completely theoretical and up to debate, but I don't see how replacing Lebron with Bird in 2014 would give the Heat a championship. To be honest Lebron and Bird is a tossup, and its not going to make up for such a large average loss margin. Maybe if we're talking about Bird from 2010 onwards, the team may be completely different as different FA attractions, etc. so no point in talking about that either; too much of an ripple effect

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay

I don't see how replacing Lebron with Bird in 2014 would give the Heat a championship.
    people act like the Spurs had a talent advantage over the Heat.

they didn't.

they won due to strategy and team cohesion.

a bird-led team would have been better in both areas than a lebron-led team, simply because bird's scoring versatility allowed him to fit in with teammates better and adjust to opposition better.

and we know that bird's teammates loved him to death, and didn't underperform like lebron's always do.

these things indicate that a bird-led team would have been better - for one, we know the heat were WORSE with wade and lebron on the floor at the same time - NO WAY this happens with Bird.
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-26-2014 at 05:59 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

they didn't.

a bird-led team would have been better in both areas than a lebron-led team, simply because bird's scoring versatility allowed him to fit in with teammates better and adjust to opposition better.

and we know that bird's teammates loved him to death, and didn't underperform like lebron's always do.

these things indicate that a bird-led team would have been better - for one, we know the heat were WORSE with wade and lebron on the floor at the same time - NO WAY this happens with Bird.

You can talk all you want but 3ball hit it on the head. Bird just makes teams better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Bron is better than Bird, end of story. Keep writing more essay's though, they are funny.
    What he wrote is an essay for you?? Da fvck???? I guess McDonald's doesn't require much eh? You are fvcking dumber than I thought.....just shine my shoes already.........
    Last edited by 20Four; 11-26-2014 at 02:50 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four
    What he wrote is an essay for you?? Da fvck???? I guess McDonald's doesn't require much eh? You are fvcking dumber than I thought.....just shine my shoes already.........

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    It's not about the numbers....and I never said Bosh should average the same. It's about the style of play.
    I remember somewhere that Bosh averaged 25ppg without wade in that 2011-2012 season. Bosh played that style because the Heat were at their best that way. Take LeBron or Wade out the equation= you'll get Toronto Raptors Chris Bosh.

they didn't.

You are an idiot. That is all.

He really tried saying if you switched Bird with LeBron they would of beaten the Spurs last year

College superstar

Pippen was so alpha that he chose to sit, rather than pass the last shot.
    Lebron is so beta he wants Kyrie to take the last shot.

On a more serious note in an otherwise troll-thread, the phrase "basketball blasphemy", and the thinking it entails, is a huge problem with what's wrong with historical basketball talk today.

Lebron isn't better than Bird yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    DEFINTELY WRONG, DUNCAN NEVER DEFENCE ANY1 1 ON 1,WITHOUT KAWHI/BOWEN/ROBINSON/ETC DOUBLE, DUNCAN WILL NOT ABLE TO STOP ANYONE DUNCAN IS ALWAYS A POOR MAN DEFENDER

Agreed.