Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Does anyone want to calculate the win % of mj and lebron playoff opponents

Should lebron's finals appearances be given less credit if he beat worse competition to get there?

We know for a fact that he defeated HALF the 50-win teams of mj, so his opponent's win % must be much lower than mj's opponent's

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Default Re: Does anyone want to calculate the win % of mj and lebron playoff opponents

Does anyone want you to keep posting autistic threads about Mj?

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Does anyone want to calculate the win % of mj and lebron playoff opponents

You are SUCH a f@ggot

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

1-9

ISH seriously attracts the most deranged, obsessive, psychotic people on the web to their forum, all of whom are clinically obsessed with LeBron

I thought you said the number of regular season wins doesn't matter when you were discrediting the 73 win GSW team that LeBron's Cavs beat.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    ISH seriously attracts the most deranged, obsessive, psychotic people on the web to their forum, all of whom are clinically obsessed with LeBron
    So I take it that's a "no" on the thread title question.

That's okay.. I'll run the numbers later.. it should be interesting.

Of course, the reality is that rookie LeBron landed on a team with a two-time all-star center and an athletic, versatile 1st team all-nba defensive wing who led the league in steals, which is FAR more help than Jordan had when he entered the league.

Jordan's help was equivalent to Lebron landing on the current Sixers or nets, in the WEST... that isn't what happened to lebron, who landed with a 2 time all-star center and a 1st team all defense wing in the weakest east ever.. then he team hopped twice in that weak east.. deplorable

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Of course, the reality is that rookie LeBron landed on a team with a two-time all-star center and an athletic, versatile 1st team all-nba defensive wing who led the league in steals, which is FAR more help than Jordan had when he entered the league.

Jordan's help was equivalent to Lebron landing on the current Sixers or nets, in the WEST... that isn't what happened to lebron, who landed with a 2 time all-star center and a 1st team all defense wing
    Lol

Jordan's help was equivalent to Lebron landing on the current Sixers or nets, in the WEST... that isn't what happened to lebron, who landed with a 2 time all-star center and a 1st team all defense wing in the weakest east ever.. then he team hopped twice in that weak east.. deplorable
    It doesn't matter if the answer is yes or no. The entire forum could agree Jordan > LeBron, which 95% of people already do, and it still wouldn't stop you from making the same threads and posts about LeBron on an endless, psychotic loop

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Lol
    You're lol'ing at the facts eh?

Young Jordan didn't have a 2-time all star center and a 1st team all NBA defensive wing to help him make the Finals like 2007 LeBron did..

And he didn't get to make those finals by averaging shitty numbers like LeBron did - LeBron made the 2007 Finals by averaging 24 ppg on 42% in ecsf, and 26 ppg on 45% in ecf - those would be among the worst stats of Jordan's career and wouldn't get him out of 1st round, let alone the finals.. but those shitty stats were good enough for lebron, because his opponent's were AIDS, as stated in the op..

It works this way for most of their careers - mj couldn't make or win most of his finals with lebron's stats.

NBA Superstar

You're lol'ing at the facts eh?

Young Jordan didn't have a 2-time all star center and a 1st team all NBA defensive wing to help him make the Finals like 2007 LeBron did..

And he didn't get to make those finals by averaging shitty numbers like LeBron did - LeBron made the Finals by averaging 24 ppg on 42% in ecsf, and 26 ppg on 45% in egg - those would be among the worst stats of Jordan's career and wouldn't get him out of 1st round, let alone the finals.. but those shitty stats were good enough for lebron, because his opponent's were AIDS, as stated in the op..

It works this way for most of their careers - mj couldn't make or win most of his finals with lebron's stats.
    Stopped reading after the first sentence.

I'm LOLing at you. Your Aspergers character

NBA rookie of the year

1/9 = 11%

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    Stopped reading after the first sentence.

I'm LOLing at you. Your Aspergers character
    Its a fact that young lebron landed with a 2 time all-star center that averaged 17/9 and 2.2 blocks.. therefore he had a teammate that was top 3 at their position in the conference.. none of Jordan's teammates were anywhere NEAR top 3 until 1990

In addition to having more help, it's also a fact that lebron's opponent's had significantly lower win % throughout his playoff career than Jordan - lebron's inferior comp explains why he made the Finals in 07' by posting among the worst stats of Jordan's career..

This is the case for most of their careers - mj couldn't make or win most of his finals with lebron's stats
    Last edited by 3ball; 08-20-2016 at 04:08 PM.

just to oblige 3ball. I'm going count teams both guys lost to too. Also going project win totals in 2012 to 82 games so the averages aren't messed with.

Jordan: 1981-1053 65 win% average record around 53.5-28.5

Lebron: 1896-1137(1 less game since Pacers went 49-32 in 2013) 62.5 win% average record around 51-31.

Interesting that both have played in exactly 37 playoff series for now.

NBA Superstar

Its a fact that young lebron landed with a 2 time all-star center that averaged 17/9 and 2.2 blocks.. therefore he had a teammate that was top 3 at their position in the conference.. none of Jordan's teammates were anywhere NEAR top 3 until 1990

In addition to having more help, it's also a fact that lebron's opponent's had significantly lower win % throughout his playoff career than Jordan - lebron's inferior comp explains why he made the Finals in 07' by posting among the worst stats of Jordan's career..

This is the case for most of their careers - mj couldn't make or win most of his finals with lebron's stats
    I WOULD say that this post was a huge waste of time but I know you probably have it saved in a word document and that it took no time at all.

I can't tell which scenario there is more sad