Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default What's up with David Lee?

Why isn't he getting minutes? Dude averaged 20 and 10 just a few seasons ago. Couldn't he help their rebounding woes?

Default Re: What's up with David Lee?

He sucks

He's about to win a ring

Defensive liability.

He's good, but they already have the scoring, and Draymond essentially does everything he did AND plays D.

Decent college freshman

Turnstile. He got minutes in the Memphis series and was okay. But other than that his D is not worth the points.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

David Lee was a statpadder with minimal effect on the game. He got 20/10 in a season where the Knicks were inflating players numbers to increase trade value.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    David Lee was a statpadder with minimal effect on the game. He got 20/10 in a season where the Knicks were inflating players numbers to increase trade value.
    David Lee was an All-Star or Borderline All-Star in his Hayday. He could score and pass and was a good rebounder. Him being "No-D-Lee" was always overstated. He played with garbage teams that didn't give two shits about the defensive end. He could play decent defense when he was paired with a defensive oriented center when he was younger. He is just too old now.

The Warriors are just so damn stacked that this former All Star is getting DNP-CD's

Remember when Lee was in the all star game and Curry wasn't?

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Lee was injured to start the season, Warriors started steamrolling without him and basically lost his spot in the rotation. Then he started get some playing time as a backup but Around the start of the playoffs, started having back issues. Guess at that point, it just hasn't made sense trying to find him minutes when they've been doing so well without him.

IMO, still a very serviceable player. A bit overpaid, but who isn't these days.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    David Lee was an All-Star or Borderline All-Star in his Hayday. He could score and pass and was a good rebounder. Him being "No-D-Lee" was always overstated. He played with garbage teams that didn't give two shits about the defensive end. He could play decent defense when he was paired with a defensive oriented center when he was younger. He is just too old now.
    warrior fan spitting the true

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Obviously this has worked out for the Warriors as they are about to win a title, but a big reason why I was in favor of a trade (the Love trade) was because they shed Lee's contract.

They are going to have to find a way to find a team to take on the last year of that deal so they can make all this money work.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Obviously this has worked out for the Warriors as they are about to win a title, but a big reason why I was in favor of a trade (the Love trade) was because they shed Lee's contract.

They are going to have to find a way to find a team to take on the last year of that deal so they can make all this money work.
    They could swallow hard and have a ~$100M payroll next year. The luxury tax payment would be huge, but it is for just 1 year, I suppose.

Ownership said they'd do what it takes to field a contender, but I wouldn't be shocked if we see a 3 or 4 team trade this summer with Barnes & Lee traded. Harrison is extension-eligible this summer, else he will hit RFA next offseason.

I remember talking to you in some of those trade threads and agreeing with dumping David Lee's contract. He's too much of a defensive liability nowadays to get big minutes, or big bucks. I didn't foresee Draymond being the full-time starter, so I was way off after being on the "Trade-for-Love bandwagon." lol
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 06-05-2015 at 07:53 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    They could swallow hard and have a ~$100M payroll next year. The luxury tax payment would be huge, but it is for just 1 year, I suppose.

Ownership said they'd do what it takes to field a contender, but I wouldn't be shocked if we see a 3 or 4 team trade this summer with Barnes & Lee traded. Harrison is extension-eligible this summer, else he will hit RFA next offseason.

I remember talking to you in some of those trade threads and agreeing with dumping David Lee's contract. He's too much of a defensive liability nowadays to get big minutes, or big bucks. I didn't foresee Draymond being the full-time starter, so I was way off after being on the "Trade-for-Love bandwagon." lol
    Yea...clearly we were wrong...although I still don't think Klay is as good as most do.

Never saw Draymond being this good either so the Love trade makes even less sense.

Ugh...I'd hate for them to lose Barnes because he's so crucial and that role is absolutely perfect for him and the Warriors.

I wonder if they could send Lee and a first rounder to the sixers and just have them absorb him. Not sure if the math works on that, but the Sixers could get a first rounder out of it...and then flip Lee at the deadline to a team needing something for a playoff push as Lee wouldn't cost much by then.

So a team like the sixers could potentially get a first and 2nd rounder out of that.

I think that would allow them to basically max Green or close...and give Harrison a quality extension. Then with the cap increases looming....allow them to super max Curry...and evaluate the Iggy/Bogut situations.

Curry/Klay/Draymond is the core they have to build around first obviously.

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

White players are being oppressed.