Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default People are really overreactin about LeBron/Cavs.

It's still so early in the season. The Cavs will figure things out and be scary in the playoffs.

Default Re: People are really overreactin about LeBron/Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    It's still so early in the season. The Cavs will figure things out and be scary in the playoffs.
    Nope. All hope is lost.

Lebron will be traded at mid-season for a 2nd round pic, and Love will be in LA next season.

kobetard

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    overreacting seems to be a big part of sports, I think it's part of the fun. Look at the media, almost as bad as fan forums.

Basketball Genius

we're underreacting.

Very good NBA starter

No the y are not. Their defense is garbage and Will continue to be garbage.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    No the y are not. Their defense is garbage and Will continue to be garbage.
    This.

They can't guard pick and roll, and they have no rim protection. That's not going away unless there's a drastic personnel change.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    This.

They can't guard pick and roll, and they have no rim protection. That's not going away unless there's a drastic personnel change.
    Exactly and blatt isn't known for his defense either. You don't have the coach or the players for even a top 15 defense.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Depends on who is talking.

Obviously they will be much better than this, with health, by the end of the year.

However, this team is on a championship or bust standard...just the way it is when you have prime Lebron, Love, and Kyrie...along with some solid vets playing in a very poor conference.

The problem with this team is the same thing skeptics like myself worried about this summer. Love is being marginalized, Waiters and Thompson don't fit in that well or don't have optimal roles at this time, the guard defense sucks, and the rim protection is even worse.

Can all that magically get better by the end of the season? Well, yea, but enough to win the title? I'm very skeptical about that.

To act like there aren't some serious warning signs is just silly. Currently the Cavs are -.6 points per 100 with Lebron the court. The only other time Lebron's on court differential has been negative was his rookie year....since 2009 Lebron has averaged a +11.4 points per 100 differential on the court.

The offense will almost for sure come around and be top 5 by the end of the year. The defense will really struggle given the personnel in my opinion. They will likely not be top 20 given what I've seen...and even if they do improve a lot...I will remain skeptical of this team getting stops in the playoffs with very poor guard defense and little to no rim protection.

The best thing for this team is to either make a commitment to all these players and keep waiters and thompson long term...and just hope they can find a nice center with cap space and the haywood contract...or:

what I would do...would be to move thompson, waiters, and a pick or two if need be and try to get better guard defense and another big....

I don't even know the value of some guys anymore, but Avery Bradley and Olynk would fit great on this Cavs team. Not sure if the Celtics would be interested in guys like Waiters and Thompson due for new deals this year and next though.

Larry Sanders is another guy that would fit perfectly on this team. He's only playing 22 minutes a game on the Bucks and they are paying him 11 million a year for the next 4. I wonder if they would ship him and Middelton (great fit for the Cavs) for Thompson, the Haywood contract (very valuable), a first rounder, and salary filler. I actually think that would be a pretty good deal for both teams.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 11-23-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I suspect that even most of the people making a big deal of the poor start know they arent gonna end up a bad or even average team.

Mostly just a combo of idiots being idiots...and normal people having fun at the expense of a very hyped team.

Its to be expected.

Not at all. People overreacted about the Heat. This is a completely different situation.

We already know their defense is atrocious and shows no signs of improving... but people also keep saying "ya they're gonna figure it out on offense blah blah blah"... you sure about that?

This isn't the same LeBron who managed to win a title in a lockout year. This isn't even the same LeBron that had his legacy saved by Ray in 2013. No, LeBron is back in Cleveland and he's picking up right where he left off.

This is the Cleveland LeBron who shot 25% in the first 4 games against the '08 Celtics. This is the LeBron that turned the ball over 5 times in the 4th quarter/OT against a crucial game against the Magic in '09. This is the LeBron that quit against the Celtics in 2010.

He's back, Cavs fans, ready to lead your shitty team of chuckers and defenseless players to another early playoff exit. Congratulations.

They'll be way better than this come season's end. They'll figure out what they have to do to get the pieces involved, but I think Kyrie is overrated. He's Marbury 2.0, exciting player, but no substance.

I think Andy is the decisive part of this team.

I would be shocked if they didnt get a top 2 seed and a trip to the ECF.

On ISH? That NEVER happens!

When Andy gets his usual season ending injury this team might struggle to be .500 at the end of the season