Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Anthony Davis destroys Jazz (highlights)

11/12 from the FT line?! omg. what are you supposed to do with this guy when he gets a better post game? those running off balance jumpers off the glass doe.

i'm seriously having trouble coming to terms with his #s at his age. the more i watch, the more i see shades of the admiral. dude's probably like five years or so away from his peak and is averaging 25/11.5/2.2 stls/3.5 blocks. leading league in blocks.

put a pass first PG w/ him and a good coach? say good night
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 11-23-2014 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    another big man that plays like he's a shooting guard
    Looking at those highlights, he definitely does... It's crazy. He's like what Durant could be

Good for him, anyway.

MVP! Beast!

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The things this dude is doing at 21 is just unreal. I don't just stand by my statement that he could surpass peak Duncan...I'm getting to the point where I actually think he's going do it.

When I think of physical freaks of nature of the past 30 years...it's Shaq, it's Lebron, and it's Davis. Everyone else looks pedestrian compared to him right now. This dude is taking a league full of the best athletes in the world and making them look like normal people. He's already borderline unstoppable on offense and a nightmare on defense, what the **** are teams gonna do 6-7 years from now when his skills, experience, BBintelligence, etc match his physical tools?
    This is such a ridiculous statement. He literally played against someone tonight that has comparable physical skills in Rudy Gobert. In fact Rudy has a longer wingspan, is taller, and weighs more while having the same sort of build and athleticism.

Rudy Gobert:
    7' 2" with shoes
    7' 8.5" wingspan
    9' 7" standing reach
    4.4% body fat
    25.0 No step vert
    29.0 Max vert

Yeah, Davis has absolutely outstanding physical tools but there are definitely a lot of players like that - Brandon Wright, Anthony Randolph, Jonathan Bender, Darius Miles, Giannis, KD, etc etc that come to mind. The difference between being a rotational player and a superstar comes down to skill.

Davis played a lot of guard and worked on guard skills and has played serious hoops most of his life. That skill is clearly evident with the way he dribbles, the way he shoots, even the instinctual understanding of timing on blocks and steals he has.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Dude destoyed every one of their big men. Booker, Favors, Kanter, Gobert. Jesus christ.
    Haven't seen anyone destroy Gobert. The rest of their defense gets destroyed nightly though.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    The things this dude is doing at 21 is just unreal. I don't just stand by my statement that he could surpass peak Duncan...I'm getting to the point where I actually think he's going do it.

When I think of physical freaks of nature of the past 30 years...it's Shaq, it's Lebron, and it's Davis. Everyone else looks pedestrian compared to him right now. This dude is taking a league full of the best athletes in the world and making them look like normal people. He's already borderline unstoppable on offense and a nightmare on defense, what the **** are teams gonna do 6-7 years from now when his skills, experience, BBintelligence, etc match his physical tools?
    Davis is an amazing talent but lets keep this is perspective. duncan was better than him in his second year. Unlike Davis, Duncan was anchoring an offensive from the post. With that being said, I think Davis reminds a lot more of KG because of his build and shooting(however, he is a much better roller on the pick and roll). He is one of my favorite players and looks like he is gonna be one of the best ever.

He is also not one a top 3 freak of nature with Lebron and Shaq. There have been others just as freaky as Davis, like a David Robinson or Hakeem.