Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are the Memphis Grizzles contenders?

Lets face it they were only an 8th seed last year due to Marc missing a bunch of games and they still won 48 games and then took a healthy OKC to 7 games.

Are they are legit contender to win the west?

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Default Re: Are the Memphis Grizzles contenders?

The question is offensive. Specially after 3 or 4 good playoffs runs in a row, the OKC injuries problems and Spurs decline.

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL
    The question is offensive. Specially after 3 or 4 good playoffs runs in a row, the OKC injuries problems and Spurs decline.
    It

Yes they are contenders

As you've mentioned they would have been a higher seed if their best player wasn't hurt for stretches of games last season. Even in losing in the first round i felt they were superior or as tough an out as the Clippers and Warriors who bowed out in the 2nd. In comparing their track record to other contenders i think they stack up favourably to anyone not named SAS and OKC, and OKC is currently not in the playoff picture.

Memphis, GSW, and SAS are the teams that deserve the most respect out west

followed by Dallas, LAC, Houston and Portland

and there isn't much separating the first and 2nd groups

Quote Originally Posted by TaLvsCuaL

--

The Grizz are legit contenders. Have been for a few years now; even last year as the 7th seed.

I think quite a few of their players under-perform in the Playoffs though. If they want to win that needs to change -- and they need someone to buy them a bucket when things get shaky.

I just don't think they have enough offense to win it all.

You'd put them above Houston and potentially Portland, but I feel that GSW, Dallas and San Antonio just have too much firepower for them. Its a long season and I think that the Spurs will get it going at the right time as they always do. Either them or Dallas to come out of the west for me. I would put GSW with them but they are injury prone and unreliable. I trust the reigning champions and I trust this Dallas team.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

They need one more burst scorer, even an idiot like JR Smith could actually really help them if they don't give up much to get him. Even bringing OJ Mayo back as well could really help them as long as they don't give up Lee/T.Allen.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 11-22-2014 at 06:53 AM.

Actually I'd probably put Memphis over GSW

1. Spurs
    2. Dallas
    3. Memphis

If last years playoffs showed anything, is that the refs under Silver, like to let the games be more physical. Definately made for some compelling first round series.

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    They need one more burst scorer, even an idiot like JR Smith could actually really help them if they don't give up much to get him. Even bringing OJ Mayo back as well could really help them as long as they don't give up Lee/T.Allen.
    I think Gerald Greenwould be a great fit. He is a solid defender and could win you a few games when he gets hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin

You'd put them above Houston and potentially Portland, but I feel that GSW, Dallas and San Antonio just have too much firepower for them. Its a long season and I think that the Spurs will get it going at the right time as they always do. Either them or Dallas to come out of the west for me. I would put GSW with them but they are injury prone and unreliable. I trust the reigning champions and I trust this Dallas team.
    Great thing about the west is nobody is guaranteed getting past the first round. It wouldn't surprise me if one or more of those teams get knocked out in the first round. A injury here or there will make a lot of difference as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin

Personally I think Dallas are getting a tad overrated. Still very good but come playoff time I think they depend too much on offense.

Do they have one or two players who can score big time throughout 3 rounds? Randolph and Gasol produce but they are not elite offensively. Also Conley tends to make mistakes too often in the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Do they have one or two players who can score big time throughout 3 rounds? Randolph and Gasol produce but they are not elite offensively. Also Conley tends to make mistakes too often in the clutch.
    Suppose depends on the match-up. I think Marc can have a huge series against anybody. I think Vince

[QUOTE=All Net]Suppose depends on the match-up. I think Marc can have a huge series against anybody. I think Vince

Banned

depends on the matchup. If they play a team with a high powered offense and strong post defense (mavs) they are screwed.