Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Default Re: What Would Score Be university of Kentucky vs Sixers?

Quote Originally Posted by blood yes
    Im sorry Kblaze, I usually consider you to be a very good and knowledgeable poster, but you are COMPELTELY WRONG

The gap between the NBA and the College D1 Level is absolutely INSANE. Like, I'm talking a ridiculous gap. There are more billionaires in the world than NBA players. I don't think you truly recognize how difficult it is to make the NBA. These guys are the best of the best. It's probably harder to make the NBA than get a 4.0 GPA, 2400 SAT, 20 AP courses, go to college, graduate with a 4.0 GPA, then go to Medical School with a 45 on the MCAT.

Peyton Siva, the NCAA Final Four MVP who looked dominant in college? Can't even make an NBA roster.

Adam Morrison and Jimmer Ferdette, 30 point scorers who can seemingly shoot from anymore? Busts

The NBA gap is absolutely insane, I don't think you recognize that. Yes, Kentucky has maybe 7-9 NBA caliber players. the 76ers have 15.

MCW? The guy who nearly dropped a quad-dub against LeBron and the defending champs going up against the Harrison twins? Man, MCW would have like a 30/10/13/10 statline. He would rip the ball from the Harrison twins as if he was taking candy from a baby.

Nerlens Noel? He would look like Maunte Bol the way he would be blocking shots. Maybe like a 12/10/10 blocks stat line.

NBA players play basketball for a living. College players are students. There is an incredible difference.

The only College teams that could have beaten this 76ers team would probably be the Bill Walton/KAJ teams, the 92 BlueDevils (Grant Hill, Laettner) and the Fab Five team with Webber/Jalen/Howard.

Come on Kblaze

Bolded from my previous point should tell you everything.

Why are you assuming all of Kentucky's NBA caliber players will be good players? There will ALWAYS be busts in the NBA, and I bet you half of the 7-9 kids declaring for the draft will be out of the league within 5 year. MCW is a proven NBA player who is MILES better than the Harrison Twins. With him playing lock-down D, where is Kentucky getting its offense from? Jahil Okafor isn't a terrible passer but he isn't no Webber/Noah. The Wildcats will be playing freelance with the 76ers essentially suffocating them on defense.

lol the Fab 5

96 and 2012 Kentucky, and 2007 Florida are the best modern college teams and it's not really close.

As for the question of the thread, I don't think the backcourt is skilled enough at this point, but they could probably not get blown out.

I remember all the hype the '05 USC Trojans football team was getting (and before their shocking loss to Texas in the Rose Bowl.) There were almost daily articles claiming that that Trojan team could probably beat the worst NFL team.

Guess what? That team contributed Reggie Bush, Steve Smith, Mike Patterson, and perhaps a couple of other players to the NFL...and that was IT. Hell, Heisman-winning QB Matt Leinart was a complete bust.

Majority of Kentucky players won't make it to the NBA or be below average NBA players.

They could possibly win one game against the 76ers. In a 7-game series, I pick to 76ers to win 4-1 or 4-2.

I saw this whole 76ers/Kentucky brouhaha the other day around the internet. Calipari immediately said the 76ers would "bury us"..

Someone simulated the games on the website "What if sports" and Kentucky ended up winning around 10% of the games played with 76ers.

So there.

Here's the link....

http://kentucky.247sports.com/Bolt/W...pants-33056061

The Wall Street Journal took it a step further, and simulated 1,001 meetings between Kentucky, as well as fellow Champions Classic participants Duke, Michigan State and Kansas, and the winless 0-9 Philadelphia 76ers.

The simulation had the 76ers winning 91.6 percent of the matchups by an average score of 87.2-72.9 on a neutral floor.
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 11-20-2014 at 12:18 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I expect an apology from ALL OF YOU guys.

Im sorry Kblaze, I usually consider you to be a very good and knowledgeable poster, but you are COMPELTELY WRONG

The gap between the NBA and the College D1 Level is absolutely INSANE. Like, I'm talking a ridiculous gap. There are more billionaires in the world than NBA players. I don't think you truly recognize how difficult it is to make the NBA. These guys are the best of the best. It's probably harder to make the NBA than get a 4.0 GPA, 2400 SAT, 20 AP courses, go to college, graduate with a 4.0 GPA, then go to Medical School with a 45 on the MCAT.

Peyton Siva, the NCAA Final Four MVP who looked dominant in college? Can't even make an NBA roster.

Adam Morrison and Jimmer Ferdette, 30 point scorers who can seemingly shoot from anymore? Busts

The NBA gap is absolutely insane, I don't think you recognize that. Yes, Kentucky has maybe 7-9 NBA caliber players. the 76ers have 15.

MCW? The guy who nearly dropped a quad-dub against LeBron and the defending champs going up against the Harrison twins? Man, MCW would have like a 30/10/13/10 statline. He would rip the ball from the Harrison twins as if he was taking candy from a baby.

Nerlens Noel? He would look like Maunte Bol the way he would be blocking shots. Maybe like a 12/10/10 blocks stat line.

NBA players play basketball for a living. College players are students. There is an incredible difference.

The only College teams that could have beaten this 76ers team would probably be the Bill Walton/KAJ teams, the 92 BlueDevils (Grant Hill, Laettner) and the Fab Five team with Webber/Jalen/Howard.

Come on Kblaze

Bolded from my previous point should tell you everything.

Why are you assuming all of Kentucky's NBA caliber players will be good players? There will ALWAYS be busts in the NBA, and I bet you half of the 7-9 kids declaring for the draft will be out of the league within 5 year. MCW is a proven NBA player who is MILES better than the Harrison Twins. With him playing lock-down D, where is Kentucky getting its offense from? Jahil Okafor isn't a terrible passer but he isn't no Webber/Noah. The Wildcats will be playing freelance with the 76ers essentially suffocating them on defense.

Posted the statement above^ and some of you guys disagreed with me. The idea that a college team could beat an NBA team is ridiculous and will ALWAYS BE RIDICULOUS

Can the Miami Heat beat Kentucky?

76ers

Sixers erase 23-point deficit to stun Heat
    Box Score
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 12-24-2014 at 02:21 AM.

Meanwhile kentucky is headed to OT vs unranked Ole Miss.

But they could beat Sixers tho

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Meanwhile kentucky is headed to OT vs unranked Ole Miss.

But they could beat Sixers tho
    Seriously. I don't get how people can be so confidentally-clueless

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Seriously. I don't get how people can be so confidentally-clueless
    It's really not clueless.

Saying they could beat them is different than saying they would.

Could a team like Kentucky, riddled with NBA talent all the way to like their 10th best player...beat a team like the Sixers? Yes, but it's just not likely.

The reason why this example is different is because Kentucky is not really a "college" team. The reason why college teams would rarely, if ever, beat a NBA team is that the difference in talent level would just be too vast outside of a couple guys.

That wouldn't happen with this Kentucky team. Yes they are raw as shit, but a team like the 76ers wouldn't come in and just immediately outclass them in a huge way. They'd outclass them, but not by the standard college vs pro amount.

I doubt Kentucky could beat the Sixers but they could probably beat the Knicks. The Knicks are epically bad and they just got rid of two of their better players.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    I doubt Kentucky could beat the Sixers but they could probably beat the Knicks. The Knicks are epically bad and they just got rid of two of their better players.

Well, KU just barely survived tonight against a 9-5 Ole Miss team. They eked out an 89-86 OT win. Oh, and they barely shot 40%, too (41.6%)

How many players will Ole Miss put in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    REPORTED.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    REPORTED.
    catchin feelings

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Well, KU just barely survived tonight against a 9-5 Ole Miss team. They eked out an 89-86 OT win. Oh, and they barely shot 40%, too (41.6%)

How many players will Ole Miss put in the NBA?
    I bet Ole Miss plays like a team though. The Knicks, not so much.

Every team has off nights now and then. Only "special" teams like the Knicks manage to do it night after night after night.....