Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Pistons-Pacers Brawl: 10 Years Ago

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    did the fan getting punched got any money from that incident?
    Which one? I do not recall any fans getting anything out of the incident, but I am not for certain on that.

The ones punched on the court... one by Ron and then the Falcon Punch from O'Neal - I think those fans may have tried to press charges but were rightfully turned down because they were the ones trespassing on the court creating a threat.

All of that is off really shaky memory though. I could be wrong on each aspect.

The dude who threw the cup got 30 days in jail, for the punches he was landing on Artest while Ron was grabbing the wrong guy, not for the cup toss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Which one? I do not recall any fans getting anything out of the incident, but I am not for certain on that.

The ones punched on the court... one by Ron and then the Falcon Punch from O'Neal - I think those fans may have tried to press charges but were rightfully turned down because they were the ones trespassing on the court creating a threat.

All of that is off really shaky memory though. I could be wrong on each aspect.

The dude who threw the cup got 30 days in jail, for the punches he was landing on Artest while Ron was grabbing the wrong guy, not for the cup toss.
    oh ok i was mostly referring to the first guy that was attacked by Artest in the stands. I didnt expect the fans that were on the court to get paid anything since they were involved in the brawl themselves

NBA sixth man of the year

VERY INTERESTING READ FROM DAVID HARRISON'S BLOG........HIS VERSION OF HOW THINGS HAPPENED.......

[QUOTE]June 28th 2004 was supposed to be the best day of my life. In that moment I was almost 22 years old and sitting in a downtown Nashville hotel room with my family waiting on David J Stern to say my name. That moment came as fast as a man with whiskey dick. I remember looking at my family and thinking how will I take care of us if I don

Continued.....
    [QUOTE]To this day, If i see Bilias on tv commenting on his

And an expert about how much they DID have to pay out....

I was so afraid that I would be put in a prison and then sued into bankruptcy. I began to drink heavily and the stress of the situation was causing me to snap. I would see cars following me, people too but thanks to the lawyer, who represented the rapper Eminem and the lead singer from the group “The White Strips”. He told me that I will be fine explained insurance and then he explained his bill. During the process its so gross but absolutly every body sued JO because he had the most money or all black people look alike. When the father of the man i punched in his mouth who was injured in the fight found out that its my rookie salary instead of the $20 million dollar man that would be the subject of his lawsuit I bet he saw many zeros fly out of the window. Many short flights to detroit, meetings with lawyers called depositions and dollars were spent on this situation, and the end result was we all payed out of the ass to placate the very people who attacked us.

NBA Superstar

Yikes, David Harrison has been through some things. There seems to be a lot of underlying psychological points of interest in the manner with which he writes - along with a lot of self-glorification. A lot of folks seem to be to blame for his perceived shortcomings.

Hopefully he's doing better these days but it's tough to tell. I'll have to read more.

I was trying to die “Leaving Las Vegas” style, but some force had other plans for me. I blacked out in my room at the Mondrian Hotel in Hollywood and woke up in my apartment in Indianapolis. Apparently I tried to jump off my balcony but one of the people I was with (who shall remain nameless but thanks) saw I was completely out of control and called my agent. They found me the that night and got me home.

Harrison said that he wanted to have a role in the public debate over U.S. sentencing laws and drug use.

"I wanted to try to have the public view me as a patriot for the millions of minor, non-violent, drug offenders who were serving minimum mandatory sentences, a voice for those who were afraid too of the system, but all I did was catch the ire of David J Stern and his lackey Billy Hunter," Harrison writes.
    http://www.si.com/nba/2014/11/19/ind...-pistons-brawl
    http://www.vigilantsports.com/2014/1...fted-his-life/
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-20-2014 at 01:18 AM.