Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Back to Business

Default Re: How do you feel about Rose's Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    I would be livid hearing this after signing him to all that money .. his ass should be obligated to give back a portion of that contract for saying that shit .. even if you're thinking that, wtf would you say it .. some people are fkn brain dead .. you're not being paid to sit out games and have that mindset smh .. rose is laughing at the bulls right now .. stealing money like candy from a jar

y would he say it??? ummmm because its a free country right?

and that makes him brain dead? being honest....not sugar coating how u feel about a situation makes u brain dead?

people are taking his comments out of context....he didnt say imma sit out a game wheneva i feel like it because im scared to play....where did he say that?

all he saying is if he ever feels discomfort he is gonna be smart about it and analyze the situation and if HE thinks its serious enough to warrant him to sit out he is....nobody knows how is body is feeling except for him and thats the crazy thing about the situation..people wanna compare him to kobe,mj and past greats like he suppose to be cut from their cloth....everybody doesnt haveto have that warrior mindset to play with certain ailments..but then again ive never heard of mj and kobe missing significant time earlier in their careers like drose....mj broke his foot his second season i think....that was it...kobe never was seriously hurt till he hit his 30's.

He should never said it publicly, he comes off as a biitch.

[COLOR=Teal]The timing of his comments couldn't have been worse. Like Rose, but if he's real worried about his post-career future that he doesn't want to sacrifice and play through pain anymore, especially given he's just 26, then he doesn't deserve to be the Bulls #1 guy (even if he is,) because that's the antithesis of what a leader does.[/COLOR]

Rose is socially retarded, not sure why people are surprised when he says something dumb..
    I think he'll be ok later with the 3-500 million he's made from sometimes playing ball

No wonder this guy sits out for general "soreness" ... jesus, everyone feels sore after rigorous athletic competition. I think his comments wreak of dramatization. He's acting like he's a RB taking a pounding in the NFL.

I'm not sure this is something you say or admit out loud, and I take his comments with a slight grain of salt, as it's easy to come out with this once you are getting that big guaranteed money. D Rose getting that rookie contract and having something to prove probably isn't making statements like this.

1) I don't think these comments come from Rose directly. Probably originate from Reggie or from someone else in Rose's "camp".

2) Pretty lame when taken at face value. Even if what you're saying is true/how you really feel, it's not good from a PR POV. Would be better served saying that he's sitting out to preserve himself for the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    No wonder this guy sits out for general "soreness" ... jesus, everyone feels sore after rigorous athletic competition. I think his comments wreak of dramatization. He's acting like he's a RB taking a pounding in the NFL.
    This...I can understand an NFL player saying this, but it's not like Rose is constantly taking blows to the head. Joint pain comes with the territory of being an NBA player. Deal with it. Hell, most people (athlete or not) deal with general soreness as they age.

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Psht.

Sounds like you and your family likes him. Respect him also.

He's not a circus sideshow, kept in a cage, who's sole purpose is to entertain society. He's a person, just like you. Don't call in sick next time you puking. Don't call in sick next time you got 100 degree temperature. Go to work dammit.

Smh.

It's remarks like this which is why I don't take much stock into anything around here as far as opinions go.

Why do you think these athletes are paid the way they are? Their good looks and charisma?

This dude has been sitting for the majority of the past several years now. And he comes out with remarks like this?

You sign on for MASSIVE amounts of money and people expect to see you out there. These athletes today are fu*king soft bro, plain and simple.

Derrick Rose is in his mid 20s already talking about life after basketball while everyone else is trying to win a chamionship. I bet his fingers work when he has to sign a contract. This ain't football. Now THOSE guys I can understand.

There's literally no defense here. They're soft.

Hes done ive said this since the 2nd injury....
    its sad but its over. If hes sitting out every other game at this age and still feeling alot of problems?

Theres no way he will consistently be able to contribute to a team especially to the level he was at before the injury. He knows that and is just thinking about another contract
    Last edited by Hamtaro CP3KDKG; 11-12-2014 at 04:29 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease eSOL's Avatar

100% bitch made.

If your not giving 100% on the court stay the **** off the team bitch.

I usually hit open layups

I agree with Drose 100%. You have got to think about yourself and your well being. There's more to life than basketball. Why go out there and kill yourself for people who could careless for you anyway. 9 times out 10 his critics at the moment were always looking for something to tear him down with and this is there opportunity.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee682
    I agree with Drose 100%. You have got to think about yourself and your well being. There's more to life than basketball. Why go out there and kill yourself for people who could careless for you anyway. 9 times out 10 his critics at the moment were always looking for something to tear him down with and this is there opportunity.
    That may be true, but he's also got 60mil left on his max contract. It's going to irk people when he is making bank while talking about his health and life after basketball. Nobody who says shit like this and is getting paid what he is, is ever going to get sympathy.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    That may be true, but he's also got 60mil left on his max contract. It's going to irk people when he is making bank while talking about his health and life after basketball. Nobody who says shit like this and is getting paid what he is, is ever going to get sympathy.
    That's on the Bulls though. The NBA is structured where contracts are guaranteed. Rose won the real prize. It's not about what your worth, but what you negotiate. Who gives a s#@% what the press or public think when your making that kind of dough legally, earned or not.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    It's remarks like this which is why I don't take much stock into anything around here as far as opinions go.

Why do you think these athletes are paid the way they are? Their good looks and charisma?

This dude has been sitting for the majority of the past several years now. And he comes out with remarks like this?

You sign on for MASSIVE amounts of money and people expect to see you out there. These athletes today are fu*king soft bro, plain and simple.

Derrick Rose is in his mid 20s already talking about life after basketball while everyone else is trying to win a chamionship. I bet his fingers work when he has to sign a contract. This ain't football. Now THOSE guys I can understand.

There's literally no defense here. They're soft.
    Lol. Lol.

You're just the classic idiot fan.

Have you ever torn your acl? Your mcl?

Do you know brandon Roy can barely walk these days?

Major injuries take a toll on your body.

Your taking his comments out of context.

Did he get on a soap box and just start saying he's gonna sit out games?

Or was he aksed a question by a reporter?

Why wouldn't he sit out a game or two DOWN THE ROAD if his precious injuries are sore?

The bulls would want damn sure he wants to. Gee, let's risk a game or two for possibly re injuring again and missing many more, perhaps a season, and then less of a player Cus of another major injury. Yea. Makes sense.

GTFO.

You are just a selfish fan, never walked a day in his shoes.

Baskeyball is a portion of his life. That's all he's saying. It ain't life and death like it is to you couch potato fans. That got nothing better to do after coming home from your job to criticize someone. Gtfo.

If he left the bulls tomorrow, every team in the league would be calling his agent.

And be GLAD that he would sit a game out here and there to rest if he needed.

Calm down. He's not playing for your freedom. Your life should not be affected if the dude wants to rest his injured body.

Tear your acl and mcl and come holleR.