Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: How do you feel about Rose's Comments?

If you're Rose's teammate, making less than half than what Rose does and you hear him say this?? How's that gonna make you feel?

You gonna question how much this guy value's winning?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    There's a difference between "toning down your game" to flat out "not playing tonight" because you don't want to be sore.
    Derrick Rose is dealing with multiple injuries - to both ankles. Depending on the severity of the injury, playing through the malady could result in a more serious injury and possibly something that affects him down the road, contributing to the cumulative damage his body's bound to take regardless.

When Derrick references "sore", I do not believe he's talking about waking up the next morning and being like, "Ohhhhhhh, good workout yesterday, I'm feeling sore, son!" I think he's talking about, "Yeah, maybe playing while my ankle was jacked up 15 years ago in the early portion of the 2014-2015 regular season, leading to it becoming more jacked up and now hurting everyday when I wake up, was a bad choice."
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-12-2014 at 12:33 PM.

He's the anti-Kobe

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

I personally think he didn't have to go so hard in his statements. Just telling people you rest every other game to keep fresh or monitor your injuries is fine.

This dude flat out said he's thinking of retirement.

NBA Superstar

If you're Rose's teammate, making less than half than what Rose does and you hear him say this?? How's that gonna make you feel?

You gonna question how much this guy value's winning?
    To be completely honest, if Rose were my teammate and he said that, I think there's a good chance I'd understand where he was coming from.

I think almost every player quickly realizes, once they reach the league, that the NBA is about winning... but it's also very much about business and life. These guys are playing a game they grew up loving, but now it's for the sake of their livelihood.

I think that's also why there's not often discord over salaries between players. They understand each player is out there trying to earn for the sake of their own lives and family. We'd love to believe winning is something every player, coach and team is always consumed with, but that is not true. There's an understanding that first and foremost it's a job, where they're trying to get what they can, while they can, since most will complete the most important employment of their life by the time they're hovering around age 30.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 11-12-2014 at 12:35 PM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

His stance is understandable. But if you're part of the Bulls organization it's nothing you want to hear. Can't do a thing about it right now but next time he's a free agent you don't pay him the max.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews

Lol.

Yea, because making other people millions and millions of dollars isn't working.

Get your head out yo ass.

Rose been working at his craft since he's 6 years old.

Good for rose thinking about his future.

You selfish fans , grow up. Appreciate the dude when he's on the court.

Period.
    Solid post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Derrick Rose is dealing with multiple injuries - to both ankles. Depending on the severity of the injury, playing through the malady could result in a more serious injury and possibly something that affects him down the road, contributing to the cumulative damage his body's bound to take regardless.

When Derrick references "sore", I do not believe he's talking about waking up the next morning and being like, "Ohhhhhhh, good workout yesterday, I'm feeling sore, son!" I think he's talking about, "Yeah, maybe playing while my ankle was jacked up 15 years ago in the early portion of the 2014-2015 regular season, leading to it becoming more jacked up and now hurting everyday when I wake up, was a bad choice."
    I understand where youre coming from and do realize his ankles are jacked right now, so he should be sitting to get back to 100%. But his statement sounded as if even when healthy, he'll sit out games while looking at his future health. Kind of like Dwyane Wade's situation last season. That doesn't send the right message to your teammates. Especially those who have ailments of their own.

NBA Superstar

I understand where youre coming from and do realize his ankles are jacked right now, so he should be sitting to get back to 100%. But his statement sounded as if even when healthy, he'll sit out games while looking at his future health. Kind of like Dwyane Wade's situation last season. That doesn't send the right message to your teammates. Especially those who have ailments of their own.
    I feel where you're coming from as well. Kind of a weird situation, for I believe there's at least some merit to both sides of the discussion.

Tell that to the "hard working guy" who dropped a grand to bring his wife and two kids to see "superstar" Rose play, but he decides NOT to be on the court because he doesn't want to be sore in his 40's.

I don't wanna be sore....
    Psht.

Sounds like you and your family likes him. Respect him also.

He's not a circus sideshow, kept in a cage, who's sole purpose is to entertain society. He's a person, just like you. Don't call in sick next time you puking. Don't call in sick next time you got 100 degree temperature. Go to work dammit.

Smh.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    To be completely honest, if Rose were my teammate and he said that, I think there's a good chance I'd understand where he was coming from.

I think almost every player quickly realizes, once they reach the league, that the NBA is about winning... but it's also very much about business and life. These guys are playing a game they grew up loving, but now it's for the sake of their livelihood.

I think that's also why there's not often discord over salaries between players. They understand each player is out there trying to earn for the sake of their own lives and family. We'd love to believe winning is something every player, coach and team is always consumed with, but that is not true. There's an understanding that first and foremost it's a job, where they're trying to get what they can, while they can, since most will complete the most important employment of their life by the time they're hovering around age 30.
    I can only see this being relevant for players who are earning less than 4 mill a year. Aka not rose. When u earn as much as some of these players do, you have no ****ing excuse

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Well my sugar lebron has had a bad back his whole career and I dont see him complaining. Plus lebron took a pay cut and less years and actually plays, but thats for a dofferent discussion

I would be livid hearing this after signing him to all that money .. his ass should be obligated to give back a portion of that contract for saying that shit .. even if you're thinking that, wtf would you say it .. some people are fkn brain dead .. you're not being paid to sit out games and have that mindset smh .. rose is laughing at the bulls right now .. stealing money like candy from a jar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Psht.

Sounds like you and your family likes him. Respect him also.

He's not a circus sideshow, kept in a cage, who's sole purpose is to entertain society. He's a person, just like you. Don't call in sick next time you puking. Don't call in sick next time you got 100 degree temperature. Go to work dammit.

Smh.
    his sole purpose is to fkn entertain .. that's why they pay these people the way they do because people wanna watch them .. and how the fk are you gonna compare playing a fkn game and getting paid 100 million to do it to a piece of shit 9-5 dead end job ..

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    his sole purpose is to fkn entertain .. that's why they pay these people the way they do because people wanna watch them .. and how the fk are you gonna compare playing a fkn game and getting paid 100 million to do it to a piece of shit 9-5 dead end job ..
    Lol.

Because rose makes people lots of money

Business 101 bruh.

Jesus. Addidas, the bulls, Gatorade, etc are non profit. I forgot.

Smh.