Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default How do you feel about Rose's Comments?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...224637968.html

Rose: "I know a lot of people get mad when they see me sit out or whatever, but I think a lot of people don't understand that ..."

Rose: "When I sit out it's not because of this year. I'm thinking about long term. I'm thinking about after I'm done with basketball."

Rose: "Having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to, I don't want to be in my meetings all sore."

Rose: "Or be at my son's graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. (I'm) just learning and being smart."

He's been taking a lot of shit this morning for saying this stuff.

Is Rose a lost cause? What do Chicago fans think?

Default Re: How do you feel about Rose's Comments?

I think he's talking about an early retirement. Rose is really hurt, and playing basketball is no longer a long term goal. He's already a millionaire NBA athlete.

What a complete douche. Try actually "working" for a living.

He needs a new profession like telemarketing if he's worried about being sore in his 40's
    Last edited by Hey Yo; 11-12-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    What a complete douche. Try actually "working" for a living.

He needs a new profession like telemarketing if he's worried about being sore in his 40's

Lol.

Yea, because making other people millions and millions of dollars isn't working.

Get your head out yo ass.

Rose been working at his craft since he's 6 years old.

Good for rose thinking about his future.

You selfish fans , grow up. Appreciate the dude when he's on the court.

Period.

My cuz in Chicago who eats, sleeps, and breathes Chicago Bulls told me that it's basically his brother Reggie telling him what to say. He also told me Rose is almost illiterate so he couldn't really come out with sentences on his own. I think it's safe to say my cuz is giving up on him.

I think everyone has known for a while now that Rose doesn't have that Kobe-type of mindset, where you play through pain and will do anything to win.

And honestly, that's fine, not everybody can think like that or guys liike Kobe wouldn't be so special.

He shouldn't have said all this publicly though, it does nothing but fuel his haters and depress his fans.

He had a good game against the Pistons. I don't undertstand why he felt depressed. He will no longer be the same player as his MVP season, but he's averaging 18 ppg, and 6 apg. It's still a solid statsline.

NBA Superstar

It feels as though Rose is saying he does not want to play through certain injuries that may lead to long term pain and suffering for the rest of his life. I do not have a problem with that. Most people (myself often included) tend to only think about the present when it comes to injuries ("If I can play through the pain, I'm playing") but that's not always a great idea.

I did that last July (2013) after spraining my ankle. I almost immediately re-sprained it. It hasn't been pain-free since. I'm beginning to get the feeling that it's going to be a life issue. Not the coolest notion in the world.

I do not believe a multi-million dollar contract means one must knowingly risk their future health and well-being.

I think Grant Hill's story is relevant here:
    “I don’t think anybody really knows I started to have ankle problems at the end of the 1999-2000 season, probably mid-March,” Hill said. “I was still able to go out and play. I still played well, but I was getting a lot of treatment. It was certainly bothering me. As we got closer to the end of the season, my ankle was really getting worse. I was missing practice. To the point where we had a nationally televised game against Philadelphia and I just pulled myself. My ankle was just killing me. We get back, we get an MRI. They say it’s a bone bruise.”

Hill rested the final three games of the regular season and returned to the lineup for the Miami playoff series.

“It’s still bothering me,” Hill said. “I pull myself in the third quarter. They put me on some heavy medication and we had a long break between Game 1 and Game 2. While I was on this medication I felt great. Obviously it was masking the pain. Went out and played in Game 2 and I felt a pop in the second quarter, continued on in the third quarter and couldn’t go on. When we got back, we found out it was broken.

“I (had been) told everything was fine. I even found out that certain team doctors were questioning whether I was really hurt, thinking I was soft or whatever. This was after I had pulled myself from Game 2 against the Heat. At that time, when I found out I had broken my ankle, as crazy as this sounds, I was relieved. I finally had some confirmation, I finally had proof that I’m really not making it up.”

Hill said Isiah Thomas’ long shadow might have affected the way the Pistons dealt with his injury.

“There was a standard in Detroit and that standard was Isiah,” Hill said. “He grew up in Chicago. He was tough. He played hurt. He had that great game against the Lakers in the Finals (on a twisted ankle). He was the face of the franchise and I’m sort of the exact opposite. I’m sure there were Isiah supporters within the organization. Who knows? I can only speculate. But it was like no matter what I did, it wasn’t as good as Isiah....

“I wasn’t trying to prove how tough I am. I was just trying to win.”
    http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/g...njuries-042711

Hating Rose is so 2011/2012. You can hate on Ballinhun8 and other rosetards, but rose is a good man.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 11-12-2014 at 11:59 AM.

ISH CONTRADICTING DIALOGUE

critical basketball fans: "his reckless style of play are the cause of his injuries, he needs to slow down a bit"

rose: "im going to tone down my play and be more cautious to ensure i have longevity"

critical basketball fans: "how dare he not give it 100 percent every game, he should retire"

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

critical basketball fans: "his reckless style of play are the cause of his injuries, he needs to slow down a bit"

rose: "im going to tone down my play and be more cautious to ensure i have longevity"

critical basketball fans: "how dare he not give it 100 percent every game, he should retire"

hahahahah, so true

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews

Lol.

Yea, because making other people millions and millions of dollars isn't working.

Get your head out yo ass.

Rose been working at his craft since he's 6 years old.

Good for rose thinking about his future.

You selfish fans , grow up. Appreciate the dude when he's on the court.

Period.
    Tell that to the "hard working guy" who dropped a grand to bring his wife and two kids to see "superstar" Rose play, but he decides NOT to be on the court because he doesn't want to be sore in his 40's.

I don't wanna be sore....

Local High School Star

geez, its not like he's earl campbell out there slamming into people and getting thrown around. name me one nba player who has become a cripple or has had major physical problems after basketball. i have no sympathy for a multi millionaire complaining about a little future discomfort. millions of people suffer much more pain for much less.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle

There's a difference between "toning down your game" to flat out "not playing tonight" because you don't want to be sore.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by f0und
    geez, its not like he's earl campbell out there slamming into people and getting thrown around. name me one nba player who has become a cripple or has had major physical problems after basketball. i have no sympathy for a multi millionaire complaining about a little future discomfort. millions of people suffer much more pain for much less.
    I think there's a huge gap between living comfortably and being a cripple.

My father played football in high school and for a portion of his college life, resulting in two really jacked up knees. He still appeared to live a normal life, but it didn't mean he wasn't in pain and subject to not being able to do things than many others his age could. Ultimately, he had both knees replaced by the time he was 60.

I don't think fan see enough of former players to properly discern the toll the game took on their bodies. Just because someone may be walking from place to place doesn't mean they aren't feeling the effects of playing through that slightly torn ACL back in '88.