Default Can Boston make the playoffs this season, and make any noise

Thoughts

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Default Re: Can Boston make the playoffs this season, and make any noise

They could potentially sneak in as an 8th seed by no way is anyone going to be afraid of them.

i think they can sneak in but realistically speaking we are depending on guys with a "sometimes" track record. Can we really trust Jeff Green and Avery Bradley to be consistent scorers. Also I would be a lot more confident if our defense wasn't so dreadful. We really need a rim protector if we want to do anything in the East.

If we do sneak in, can we make some noise??? I would be happy with just sneaking in as the off season projections were the Celtics to be a bottom 5-10 team. Sneaking in would mean we are a lot better than where most people expected and the top of the East is influx.

Could we upset a Washington, Bulls, Toronto (haven't won a series in over a decade)??? They would be heavy underdogs but those teams have to earn their elite status as well.

I think they are going to make the playoffs, but not so much about hanging in there... I don't know about the future of team...

I dunno about playoffs, but I expected them to fight for top 10 in the east before the season started

They are better than I thought they would be. Hopefully there'll be even more development and improvement.

I don't know about the playoffs but at least this team is watchable. They have good chemistry and fighting spirit.

Banned

They can make the playoffs.

Make some noise? only if they give Olynyk the green light. He is a 25/8 big waiting to happen.

No.....

Still early but out side of Toronto, Miami, Chicago, Washington and Cleveland i don't think anyone else is a sure bet for the playoffs

Atlanta/Charlotte might be the next tier

NY/Brooklyn/Boston/Milwaukee and Detroit could be teams that make the playoffs comfortably as high as a 6 seed or fall off completely and receive a top 10 pick.

Do people remember how tight the bottom of the East was last season at times. I swear at times last season it felt the Celtics were a few wins away from the playoffs seeding. Win 2 games in a row and all of sudden we would be within 5 games of the 8th seed.

I think they can. I also think Ainge may make a move(s) between now and then...

Boston fans, what are your thoughts about tanking this season? Draft pool doesn't seem inviting though.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I don't like tanking, especially seeing as the Celtics haven't had much luck in the lottery anyway.

Addressing the original topic the Celtics can make the playoffs but if the conferences were balanced that wouldn't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Boston fans, what are your thoughts about tanking this season? Draft pool doesn't seem inviting though.
    to get a top 3 or top 5 pick - i.e. to compete with philly, la, nuggets, jazz, magic etc. - we would need to really deplete our squad and keep the young guys only. even if you end up with a bad record, there are no guarantees that you get a top 5 pick. and even if you draft high, there are no guarantees that you get a future all-star caliber player. in addition, young guys develop bad habits in a losing environment without meaningful games and without veterans in the dressing room.

to conclude, I would keep this team together for as long as possible this season. If we are in the playoff picture come spring, great. if we start losing and are out of the playoffs race, Im all for trading old and expiring guys for future assets and a better draft position.