Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Pau Gasol at the age 34...

I always rooted against the Lakers, but Gasol had my respect. He wasn't nearly as soft as Kobe fans like to imply, although he did have some bad stretches over the last few years.

Glad to see him playing so well for my Bulls so far, but it's just the beginning of a long season. Let's see him keep it up.

Pau has been amazing this season. I will never understand why people expected so little from him. He's 34, but his game doesn't depend on athleticism. I still have a Pau Gasol Grizzles jersey from his third year in the league. I have been a fan for a long time now. Needless to say, I was excited when I heard he signed with the Bulls. It has been a privilege to watch him playing for my favorite team, he hasn't disappointed one bit.

He has to be up there in MVP race. I know it's early, but he'd be top 3, and Bulls are going to continue to be up there in the rankings. Never know.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    I really don't see how someone would think that Gasol could fall off a cliff in terms of production unless it was due to injuries. He's 7 foot and extremely skilled. He will still be a 14/8 guy at the age of 38 or 39

This.

Fans are always looking to rush guys out the door as soon as they turn 30, simply because they want to start fantasizing about how good the next guy coming up COULD be. They prefer two in the bush to one in the hand. It's the fan lottery basically. "Yeah Pau is good and all but we know what he does. Julius Randle or [Insert any young up-and-coming player] could turn into a MEGASTARRRRR!!!!!!"

It's the same reason the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. Fans don't want logical, the want delusional. It's the fanatic's creed.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    He has to be up there in MVP race. I know it's early, but he'd be top 3, and Bulls are going to continue to be up there in the rankings. Never know.

Kobe stans (masquerading as laker fans) on suicide watch.

High School Starter

Main reason why Lakers won championships post shaq was because of GASOL and BYNUM...defense, rebounding, scoring. They were big and talented enough to turn kobe's bricks into scoring opportunities.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    Main reason why Lakers won championships post shaq was because of GASOL and BYNUM...defense, rebounding, scoring. They were big and talented enough to turn kobe's bricks into scoring opportunities.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    This.

Fans are always looking to rush guys out the door as soon as they turn 30, simply because they want to start fantasizing about how good the next guy coming up COULD be. They prefer two in the bush to one in the hand. It's the fan lottery basically. "Yeah Pau is good and all but we know what he does. Julius Randle or [Insert any young up-and-coming player] could turn into a MEGASTARRRRR!!!!!!"

It's the same reason the backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. Fans don't want logical, the want delusional. It's the fanatic's creed.
    You agree with my comment, yet this comment is garbage. Many players, even great ones, go on a steep decline in their early 30's due to a decline in athleticism/injury issues.

Banned

Pau to Lakers/Kobe stans: "Tell me how my ass taste."

PAu gasol is a fvcking good second option all over his career. but he was first option in 2010 for sure.

High School Starter

Think about it. The Lakers won a championship in a game 7 where Kobe went 6-24. Honestly, it's quite repulsive he was gifted the finals MVP afterwards. David Stern seriously has no shame.

I could have taken 24 shots in that game in maybe made 4..2 less than kobe. And a blind person could have taken 24 shots and could have maybe made 1 out of 24..and Kobe would have only made 5 more shots than him. In the most important game ever..Kobe's balls shriveled and dried up like king tut and had to be CARRIED by his elite, scape-goat, underrated, under appreciated teammates YET again. This is the TRUE STORY of his career.

Facts don't lie. He is not clutch. That crap was created by the media. He cannot shoot as evidenced by him breaking the most missed shots record in the universe. You see where this is going?

80% of the people on these boards think KOBE IS CLUTCH. Why is that? Because it was hype created by the media over a span of years that it, in itself, has become an institutional train of thought. But when we look at the cold hard facts...and even after looking at the cold hard facts..people do not admit they are wrong! It's really funny and extremely pathetic...people lie to themselves and continue to believe in something that is untrue.

Think about it. The Lakers won a championship in a game 7 where Kobe went 6-24. Honestly, it's quite repulsive he was gifted the finals MVP afterwards. David Stern seriously has no shame.

I could have taken 24 shots in that game in maybe made 4..2 less than kobe. And a blind person could have taken 24 shots and could have maybe made 1 out of 24..and Kobe would have only made 5 more shots than him. In the most important game ever..Kobe's balls shriveled and dried up like king tut and had to be CARRIED by his elite, scape-goat, underrated, under appreciated teammates YET again. This is the TRUE STORY of his career.

Facts don't lie. He is not clutch. That crap was created by the media. He cannot shoot as evidenced by him breaking the most missed shots record in the universe. You see where this is going?

80% of the people on these boards think KOBE IS CLUTCH. Why is that? Because it was hype created by the media over a span of years that it, in itself, has become an institutional train of thought. But when we look at the cold hard facts...and even after looking at the cold hard facts..people do not admit they are wrong! It's really funny and extremely pathetic...people lie to themselves and continue to believe in something that is untrue.

I could have taken 24 shots in that game in maybe made 4
    You wouldn't make it past the opposite FT line, keyboard warrior

It's a shame that the mere mention of Pau attracts the obsessive Kobe haters. You know these kids wouldn't give a shit about Pau if he didn't play with Kobe (they don't care about anyone who isn't Lebron, Kobe, or something directly involved with one of those two).

Should have retired with the Lakers. Why people turned on him is beyond me.

Is having Boozer worth it?